The LS + Velocity combo is really fun
I played a full round with this combo for the first time yesterday. The Aerojet LS really pairs well with the Kinetexx velocity shaft. I did turn it up from 9 to 10° and that seems to be my sweet spot. 🚀
IMG_2907.jpg

The Aerojet standard performed admirably this weekend. If I had to pick the club that I hit the best during the Morgan Cup it would be this one. If I’m not mistaken I think I hit every fairway during Sunday singles except 2 holes and I also hit plenty during shamble. It’s reliable, forgiving and if you haven t given one a try, you’re missing out

I wish I had kept stats for everything this weekend, but was more focused on the matches. I only missed a handful of fairways the whole weekend. Most of which were towards the end of the shamble match. Not sure what happened, but I put a few horrible swings on the ball. The rest of the time the Aerojet Max just kept putting me in play. I still made some bad swings, but kept finding myself in the fairway. It was as solid as any club in the bag and that's saying a lot coming from someone that typically struggles off the tee.

I wish I had kept stats for everything this weekend, but was more focused on the matches. I only missed a handful of fairways the whole weekend. Most of which were towards the end of the shamble match. Not sure what happened, but I put a few horrible swings on the ball. The rest of the time the Aerojet Max just kept putting me in play. I still made some bad swings, but kept finding myself in the fairway. It was as solid as any club in the bag and that's saying a lot coming from someone that typically struggles off the tee.
I agree. My best driving maybe this while golf season came at the right time at the Morgan Cup. I drove the ball really well with the AJ Max and hit alot of fairways with good distance. I missed a few but had even a smaller number that were unplayable miss. The AJ line has been spectacular for Cobra this year. Really hope people will consider it.

I'll try to put together some coherent thoughts on my Aerojet journey this summer in the next couple weeks. It's been a lot of fun and it was really cool to see so many in play and who had what and why during the Morgan Cup. Lots of great drives out there.

I agree. My best driving maybe this while golf season came at the right time at the Morgan Cup. I drove the ball really well with the AJ Max and hit alot of fairways with good distance. I missed a few but had even a smaller number that were unplayable miss. The AJ line has been spectacular for Cobra this year. Really hope people will consider it.
People really should be looking at this driver. It's as good as anything on the market and would probably be better for a lot of people considering how forgiving it is. My drives over the weekend weren't always the prettiest, but the AJ Max just kept pushing the ball out there in the fairway. It impresses me every time I play.

I’m a big fan of this driver. It’s long and forgiving. At Dormie Club, it gave me plenty of distance. I didn’t keep any stats but, mentally running through the scorecard, I had good success with it. Misses were mostly playable with acceptable distance. It is worth a long look if you’re shopping for a new driver.

I’m a big fan of this driver. It’s long and forgiving. At Dormie Club, it gave me plenty of distance. I didn’t keep any stats but, mentally running through the scorecard, I had good success with it. Misses were mostly playable with acceptable distance. It is worth a long look if you’re shopping for a new driver.
I thought you hit it well and had plenty of distance. A couple holes I thought I hit a really good one and you were right there with me

Cobra drivers always good. I really like the way the Aerojet looks. I think it’s the best looking driver this year imo and the performance is there as well

I was afraid to jinx myself leading up the MC so I didn’t post how well I was hitting this but now that it’s over I can say the last month or so I have had only 1 bad round driving the ball which was the Saturday morning round at Dormie. I have hit the driver better than ever and it’s an amazing feeling. It’s led to some of my best scores of the year

Had a good round with the Aerojet Max yesterday. I hit 6/14 fairways and the misses were all just 2-3 yards into the rough. Everything was playable and I always had a shot at the green. The toe side forgiveness is truly impressive. I hit a few that were out there on the toe and ended up in a good spot. This may very be the most confident I've ever been with a driver.

@BB Fan Girl has settled in nice with her Aerojet. We had some good wind today and hole 10 was directly into it. This drive was 222 according to arccos and put her in an awesome spot for an easy wedge up. In tracking her last 8 rounds since getting her new clubs across says she is 5.41 strokes better! A lot of that is the Aerojet woods keeping her in play and the distance she gets!
IMG_3714.jpeg

@BB Fan Girl has settled in nice with her Aerojet. We had some good wind today and hole 10 was directly into it. This drive was 222 according to arccos and put her in an awesome spot for an easy wedge up. In tracking her last 8 rounds since getting her new clubs across says she is 5.41 strokes better! A lot of that is the Aerojet woods keeping her in play and the distance she gets!
View attachment 9215825
That actual score improvement instead of just SG is really impressive! Way to go @BB Fan Girl

I decided that I am going to put this head on my display shelf, and put my back up Aerojet head into play. This is a fun momento of a great time.

IMG_8624.jpeg

You can thank Jose for that 🤣
If it was you, I would have sued you for infliction of emotional distress already.

Today at league @BB Fan Girl was owning the fairways! Average 224 off the tee with 9/14 FW hit. We played with @Jtubb17 and @Tee/Ski. It was fun to watch the bombs!

Last edited:
So I switched to the standard 9* pretty late in the lead up to the MC. Worked best with the ginger swing I was bringing. So I didn't really compare it to anything (except the LS), just tried to dial it in. I've had a couple chances since to hit it directly against some more familiar things.

What I've learned:

- It's a pretty consistent performer. Has some solid forgiveness. The deeper head really shines on that I think.

- It's fairly low spin. For a core model, and it's forgiveness, it seems like it's pretty low on the spin spectrum. Which makes it pretty long and probably helps solve a problem for some people.

- It's pretty darn straight. I've mostly played a TSr3 prior and I did set mine 9* up to kind of manufacture a draw during the event if I could, but I think it's actually a little harder to turn over than the TSr. Wants to stay straight. So probably a little less left problems overall.

It's been different playing a little bigger head shape and sound profile than usual but fun.

Back