Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I love the Amp Cell fever.

Ponder over... Purchase is happening tonight. Deciding on color now. Leaning blue for the Colts!!

Such a great, great driver. Mine landed me 9/12 fairways today. 2 of the 3 I missed with it were just off

I think I would mash this one with a black tie. Or an ADBB7...

Imagine the blue head with this bad boy? Wow.

tourad_bb_productheader.jpg

Ponder over... Purchase is happening tonight. Deciding on color now. Leaning blue for the Colts!!

Bought mine a week ago. Blue looks the best in person...though I didn't really look very hard at the red. Orange looks a bit too burnt. I liked the silver, but the orange accent on the top didn't pop as much as the white cobra logo does against a blue background.

In the name of science and THP I did something I swore I wasn't gonna do but I couldn't help myself and took a dozen balls out in my backyard and blasted them into the pasture to see what my new shaft would do. In between bills, work, and rain I haven't been able to sniff the course or range and I just couldn't help myself anymore. Keep in mind that the Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype is the first time I've ever had a after market shaft on one of my clubs so I won't be able to be too technical here, its more of just what I'm seeing. I love this shaft and would recommend it to anyone is in the market for a new shaft. It runs around $80 so it's definitely in the lower end price range compared to other shafts out there. I'm playing it at 44 inches and it feels so much better to me than the the stock 46 inch fuel shaft. Its also much easier for me to look at now for whatever reason, after I had this shaft installed I realized how much easier it was to concentrate when I wasn't looking down at the paint splatter design of the stock shaft. It is also much more stable through the whole swing vs the stock shaft and now I realize what people mean by saying feeling the club head through the swing. I don't know if its the shortened shaft or the increased stability but I'm definitely able to find the center of the club face much more often and the ball just seems to rocket off the face that much more fast. My usual miss is a slice, but with this shaft if I can make myself keep my head down I feel that is out of the equation. It seems to be a very accurate shaft and I'm seeing a much lower ball flight. If you have any questions I'd be happy to try to be able to answer them, sorry if this seems to be a bunch of incoherent rambling, I'm on my phone and it's hard for me to carry a thought well on the little bitty screen. One more thought, Jman stated finding the right shaft for you really unlocks the full capabilities of the Amp Cell head. He's dead on with that statement and I can't wait to get this thing on the course!

Purchase made. Cannot wait to get this in the bag!!!

As do I, and the nice thing is no one will regret their decision to add one to the bag, they flat out perform!

Will be selling the Matrix Blue shaft I just bought. Too stiff for me. I get more from the Regular stock shaft. Just want my money back.

Hate to hear that it didn't work for ya Benji.
Went to a new place that does fittings. They say my 2 shafts of choice are #1 Mitsubishi Fubuki $350. #2 UST Mamiya VST (black..I think) $250. Both in stiff
Edit to add: may sell matrix radix &Kuro kage.

tappin from my big as note2

Last edited:
Please, if you are struggling with a slice do yourself a favor and give the amp cell offset driver a try.
It is a great driver for slicers. I almost drove the green on 2 short par 4's today with it.

Hate to hear that it didn't work for ya Benji.
Went to a new place that does fittings. They say my 2 shafts of choice are #1 Mitsubishi Fubuki $350. #2 UST Mamiya VST (black..I think) $250. Both in stiff
Edit to add: may sell matrix radix &Kuro kage.

tappin from my big as note2

The Radix just felt to "thick n heavy" today. lower flight than the stock regular shaft for me. could have been my crap switch.g today too.

Tappin' instead of Ballroom right now.

what kind of SS do you have?

Just wondering if I might be interested in the shaft...

The Radix just felt to "thick n heavy" today. lower flight than the stock regular shaft for me. could have been my crap switch.g today too.

Tappin' instead of Ballroom right now.

The Basha Cell combo today was out of this world in a two man scramble...go to club off the tee! Hello Fairway or first cut

what kind of SS do you have?

Just wondering if I might be interested in the shaft...

High 90's. It's not that I can't get the benefit of it's flex. The stock shaft was soo much easier for me.
I've got $78 in it. New OEM tip, White/Blue Golfpride grip, & the shaft. PM me.

Anyone know of a shaft similar to the Matrix Black Tie? Absolutely love that shaft but don't wanna spend the price tag on it.

I prefer low launch and low spin. Wanna tinker with the Amp Cell head.

Finally got to put this guy in play, and I was just wild off the tee. Still, when I striped it, this thing goes a mile and feels great getting there. What a great driver.

Hopefully next week my swing will be a little more settled than it was today. Confident it'll take some strokes off my game on longer holes.

Had quite a weekend with the green monster, was absolutely striping the ball on saturday set to 11.5* and got really nice ball flight. Sunday I got a case of the hooks for 2/3 of the round until someone pointed out that I was taking 1/2 swings and not rotating to the top on my backswing... I did a full turn and smoked one dead straight again. When my swing is right, I absolutely adore this club!

I'm just returning to the game after about a decade of swinging a softball bat. My miss has always been a slice and my normal shot shape a fade. I picked up a Barbados Red Amp Cell to update my old driver. The driver used to be the worst part of my game, but now I find myself looking forward to hitting the big stick. The 10.5*d setting has negated the fade and my miss is a slight push. My distance has improved by about 10 yards or so when comparing my longest shots, but hitting the ball where I intend off the tee is dropping my numbers more than anything. The stock stiff shaft, while softer than I've been used to, seems to be working nicely for me. I picked it up for a song on the bay figuring I would break even if I couldn't hit it. To me this driver is worth triple what I paid and I thank this thread for pointing me in that direction.

Back