Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I am thinking Amp Cell w/ Matrix Red or White Tie. Not sure which would give me better launch conditions. I thought I would go blue for the color but know I am not so sure. Also thought I was going with the Golf Pride Z grips but I have this other plan of putting the NDMC 360's from the ZL Encore on. I am all over the place right now.

I know I am going Blue driver. Heavily leaning Black Tie shaft.

I have inquired with Cobra about the shaft options. I will let you all know when I hear something. So have two options in mind just in case.

thanks I was wondering that too since they list them as stock, custom, or special order.

anyone care to think out loud?
Well I know I'm going Red in color, so that works regardless of AMP Cell
Spoiler
redcobraAMP.jpg
or Pro, the ZL is out for me, I like the loft options too much! I'm also going Golf Pride ZGrip Cord
Spoiler
prod-zgrip-black-white-298x666.jpg
for sure, but the shaft is what baffles me, I've gotten a chance to try a few and have done a bunch of homework and coorespondence with a few kind members who let me pick their brains!!! I'm probably leaning Mitsubishi Fubuki K 60
Spoiler
fubuki_k2.jpg
Stiff but I've also been eyeing the Matrix White
Spoiler
50eaf493a517c.jpg
and Red
Spoiler
50feb594b887e.png

I've got a few notes out to my fitter, local pro and local cobra reps to see if they have any insight for me as well!! As a total noob to shafts I'm coming in blind and trying to quickly educate myself!!!

Other shafts I've looked at but not really been able to try would be the Motore Speeder 6.2 Tour Spec and Oban Kiyoshi White.

Has anyone hit the Kuro Kage 70 Black and PX5.5? How do they compare. If there is a thread please point me in right direction

I have inquired with Cobra about the shaft options. I will let you all know when I hear something. So have two options in mind just in case.

Thanks GG!! We really appreciate it!

I have inquired with Cobra about the shaft options. I will let you all know when I hear something. So have two options in mind just in
case.

Thanks! I'll have my options ready :D

anyone care to think out loud?

Oh yes!!

Driver Choice: Cell AMP Pro
Loft: 6 in 1
Head color: Not yet...Red...Silver...Orange...depending on the shaft...?
Shaft choice: Option 1: GD Tour AD DI 6 in stiff Option 2: UST Mamiya Attas 3 60 in stiff (favoring the AD DI 75% to 25%)
Grip choice: New Decade Multi Compound 360 Black + 2 tapes
Dexterity: LH

I like your choice Castor. Ad-Di6 could be a beast in this with the right loft.

One thing I'm set on is pop up protectors lol. Not hurting this baby.

Cheap insurance for those bone head swings that happen from time to time... Heck last year I thought I marked it up first swing.

on camera too! haha

I like your choice Castor. Ad-Di6 could be a beast in this with the right loft.

Oh yes...I've hit the shaft, and it is phenomenal! The Attas is something I've always wanted to try, it should have similar characteristics as AD DI, but we don't have those here, at all, so no way to hit it.

Cheap insurance for those bone head swings that happen from time to time... Heck last year I thought I marked it up first swing.

hahaah all good dude. Not a bad purchase.

One thing I'm set on is pop up protectors lol. Not hurting this baby.
That's good advice, I need to get some, considering I just did it to my 3 wood!

Shaft thoughts folks? 1st choice? back up plan? 3rd choice? What are we thinking?

First choice is Diamana ahina, second kuro cage silver and third is a tie right now between Diamana D+ 72 and GD Tour AD 7......

Shaft thoughts folks? 1st choice? back up plan? 3rd choice? What are we thinking?

I have 4 or 5 on the short list. I want something mid launching with mid/low spin. I think the Red Tie may be the answer.

I have 4 or 5 on the short list. I want something mid launching with mid/low spin. I think the Red Tie may be the answer.

Good thoughts dude. I need super low spin with this baby.

Low spin seems to be the way to go. Can always crank up the MyFly. The Oban Kiyoshi White has my interest as well - Mid launch / low spin.

no black tie thought for you? Thought that might be up your ally since you were a whiteboard guy

I haven't hit it yet, and I am a sucker for trusting what I know.

no black tie thought for you? Thought that might be up your ally since you were a whiteboard guy

Intrigued by it. Looking it up now.

Noob question.. What is a pop op protector?

goes on the crown near the topline to protect from any ball scratches or dummy marks.

Ok thinking Kuro Kage Black 60 or Px5.5 black or diamana d+ 62 Stiff... Just as a thought so far. Going to a cobra cart to get swinging to find out tho.

Back