Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Finally got to this this today. It's got an early lead on the rest of the pack. Hit it side by side with the Big Bertha and everything just clicked so much better with the BC.

This one needs one more session on the launch monitor and then will be finished up. Spent considerable time with it over the weekend outdoors.

First of all, I think it sounds similar to the Big Bertha driver, which is a good thing. Nice powerful sound. A little metallic, without the hollowness or high pitch that sort of turns me off. Big departure from the original AMP, which had a muted feel that I loved. Still quite nice.

As with the hybrid, loft adjustments did have a visually noticeable affect on trajectory.Smartpad seems to work in a visual way as well, because the high loft didn't appear super shut down if I soled it. I think I'd have to play this in a higher loft setting to get the most out of it, which did surprise me a little. Monitor testing has show mid launch/spin number for me at most, with spin bordering on the lower side more than I expected.

I'm sure the bigger swingers may find the shaft not to their liking, but for me it was just fine. Not super light, balances with the club nicely, didn't feel ultra soft or anything. Like I said though, your feelings may be different there. Wasn't remarkable in terms of feel, but didn't disappoint me if that makes sense. I'd still probably like to tinker or try some options out if I was buying, just to see if I could get something that wowed me.

I actually hit a lot more balls on the center of the face than anywhere else, which is a good thing, but it did make judging forgiveness a little difficult. The misses I saw were not the big death hook to the left, which is always a good sign for me. If anything I was more prone to a slight push rather than the big hook.

Either way, came away thinking it was one of the better performing (for me) drivers of the 5 I had with me. Sorry, can't give you a comparison to last year's AMP Cell.

This one needs one more session on the launch monitor and then will be finished up. Spent considerable time with it over the weekend outdoors.

First of all, I think it sounds similar to the Big Bertha driver, which is a good thing. Nice powerful sound. A little metallic, without the hollowness or high pitch that sort of turns me off. Big departure from the original AMP, which had a muted feel that I loved. Still quite nice.

As with the hybrid, loft adjustments did have a visually noticeable affect on trajectory.Smartpad seems to work in a visual way as well, because the high loft didn't appear super shut down if I soled it. I think I'd have to play this in a higher loft setting to get the most out of it, which did surprise me a little. Monitor testing has show mid launch/spin number for me at most, with spin bordering on the lower side more than I expected.

I'm sure the bigger swingers may find the shaft not to their liking, but for me it was just fine. Not super light, balances with the club nicely, didn't feel ultra soft or anything. Like I said though, your feelings may be different there. Wasn't remarkable in terms of feel, but didn't disappoint me if that makes sense. I'd still probably like to tinker or try some options out if I was buying, just to see if I could get something that wowed me.

I actually hit a lot more balls on the center of the face than anywhere else, which is a good thing, but it did make judging forgiveness a little difficult. The misses I saw were not the big death hook to the left, which is always a good sign for me. If anything I was more prone to a slight push rather than the big hook.

Either way, came away thinking it was one of the better performing (for me) drivers of the 5 I had with me. Sorry, can't give you a comparison to last year's AMP Cell.

For me, it's quite similar to last years Amp Cell, a nice continuation on the line. I think that was a great plan from Cobra, as they had a winner on their hands from last year. I find that my off center hits are less penalizing (distance loss) than last years model, and that the launch I get with the Bio Cell to be a touch higher.

It's a solid driver, and will probably be my driver of choice this year.

For me, it's quite similar to last years Amp Cell, a nice continuation on the line. I think that was a great plan from Cobra, as they had a winner on their hands from last year. I find that my off center hits are less penalizing (distance loss) than last years model, and that the launch I get with the Bio Cell to be a touch higher.

Having heard them talk tech about this one at the event, hearing this is exactly what they said the Bio would be. Little lower CG, little lower spin, higher launch, and more forgiving across the face thanks to the bio-cells there.

Very cool to hear War, very cool.

War - the forgiveness that I have seen the last few rounds is pretty amazing. Playing the AC I thought it was hands down very forgiving while still capitalizing on distance. I've hit several tee shots with the Bio Cell and I am still getting great distances from those shots.

How did you like the stock shaft? I thought it was a huge upgrade over the Fuel from last year and is a better fit for those that don't have the $$ to buy an aftermarket shaft. I plan to put my White Tie in it & see how the ball flight compares.

Was thinking about this driver quite a bit yesterday. Out of the 3 drivers I hit on Sunday this one for me was the longest by a long shot. And it wasnt even cranked up at the desired loft I really wanted, so Im kind of intrigued as to what this beats could do. As a huge fan of the Amp Cell driver, being able to make something even better is just down right intriguing

Hey guys, long time away but glad to be back. Winter sucks. I just stumbled on the Bio Cell. I have been gaming the old Rocketballz as nothing was beating it...until now. I have had three sessions testing the Bio Cell with stock stiff shaft and it is absolutely crushing my old driver. I have gained a ton of distance. Average for old driver over the three sessions (about 50 sings total) was 255 yards total which was about normal. Average for Bio Cell was 285 with 5 over 300. As you can guess, I now am the proud owner of a new Cobra driver. Check it out if you are in the market.

Good info mcg, thanks.

Bombs! Nice feedback dude.

Hey guys, long time away but glad to be back. Winter sucks. I just stumbled on the Bio Cell. I have been gaming the old Rocketballz as nothing was beating it...until now. I have had three sessions testing the Bio Cell with stock stiff shaft and it is absolutely crushing my old driver. I have gained a ton of distance. Average for old driver over the three sessions (about 50 sings total) was 255 yards total which was about normal. Average for Bio Cell was 285 with 5 over 300. As you can guess, I now am the proud owner of a new Cobra driver. Check it out if you are in the market.

30 yards average distance increase is amazing!

Morgan Cup gamer.

Bank on it.

I expect royalties after you get famous.

You got it. R flex bombs today, I'm talking bombs. 270+. No lie.

Shaft is pretty legit isn't it? I really didn't expect much going in.

Shaft is pretty legit isn't it? I really didn't expect much going in.

Much improved, funny thing is my SS is supposed to be too much for an R flex on the Internet.....

Hmmmmm....

I'm seeing these on legit E-Bay stores for 213.00 - including shipping. Hmmm....

Much improved, funny thing is my SS is supposed to be too much for an R flex on the Internet.....

Hmmmmm....

Interestingly enough when i tried out and bought the 5/7 wood my results were 100 times better with a 5.5 flex as opposed to the 6.0. I'm currently using an X flex driver shaft so I found that a bit odd. Something about this PXv shaft I guess, it really responds when playing on the softer side for a swing.

You got it. R flex bombs today, I'm talking bombs. 270+. No lie.

After a few swings indoors with this I knew I'd better put it down before I started pondering. Post-MC and once the prices fall I foresee one of these in the bag. Love the amp cell and the Bio Cell seems to be even better!

I'm seeing these on legit E-Bay stores for 213.00 - including shipping. Hmmm....

i saw it on amazon prime for $216 the other day, i was very tempted

I had a fitting shootout between this and the X2Hot...I promise you when I say I wanted to leave with both. I might end up with this at some point anyways. If you're one the fence, I say go for it!

Nice. Stock shaft or the red tie swap?

Back