Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Having hit some other OEM hybrid irons - they nailed the sound - my playing partner also commented how they are the best looking hybrid irons the market right now.

Damn @Bernoulli you might not be the only one ha

High and straight is such a terrible ball flight to have.

Shhh don’t be saying that! Changing your mind 3 or 4 times is completely normal
Maybe for you-- I'd rather have it locked in and be able to sit back and not 2nd guess myself. Keep being told not to overthink, but... but... :unsure::unsure:

Having hit some other OEM hybrid irons - they nailed the sound - my playing partner also commented how they are the best looking hybrid irons the market right now.

Damn @Bernoulli you might not be the only one ha
I don’t believe you, prove it

When I woke up today, the idea of hitting a 17* Speedzone iron still sounded appealing haha

Might have to do it.
You go I go?

I tried that least year and you bailed on me. I’m not falling for that again
Got something brewing with the Caps?!

@Canadan whats your reason/philosophy on possibly going SZ 4 iron vs FT 3 iron? Is it forgiveness? That spot for the Cobra bag is where im most unsure. Debating between FT 3 iron or a hybrid

Had my fitting yesterday. My bag will be some variation of this....

Driver: SpeedZone Xtreme, 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black
Fairway: SpeedZone 3FWY, 14.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black
Hybrid: SpeedZone 3H, 19° Recoil 480 ESX
Irons: SpeedZone, 5-GW, N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120, 1° Weak, 2° Flat
Wedges: MIM 52,56,60, N.S Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

A little shocked by the SpeedZone irons but this seems like a great bag for you. I always choose forgiveness as long as the top line isn't too bad, is this the case with the SZ irons?

What are the alternatives?

A little shocked by the SpeedZone irons but this seems like a great bag for you. I always choose forgiveness as long as the top line isn't too bad, is this the case with the SZ irons?
I had trouble with the FT heads being to lite. He had 3 strips of lead tape on the back and I told him I wasn't doing that.

I've always been on the heavier side. Plus it was hard to beat the dispersion of the SZ's. Believe me, I was shocked myself.

Maybe I'm just not good enough for them. :confused2:

Last edited:
What are the alternatives?
May go 4-PW and no hybrid. A couple shaft changes possibly. I guess I really didn't say what they were did I. :LOL:

Great setup right there!!

I had trouble with the FT heads being to lite. He had 3 strips of lead tape on the back and I told him I wasn't doing that.

I've always been on the heavier side. Plus it was hard to beat the dispersion of the SZ's. Believe me, I was shocked myself.
The SZs look sooooooo good in person too! And they are long, and forgiving. What's not to like about those?!

The SZs look sooooooo good in person too! And they are long, and forgiving. What's not to like about those?!
I completely agree. I had my heart set on the Forged Tec's but they just wasn't for me.

I completely agree. I had my heart set on the Forged Tec's but they just wasn't for me.
I am reconsidering everything all of the sudden, including adding these and dropping the FTs (and I love the FTs). I am certain now that OL isn't on my radar.

Anyway, love the setup you're going for!

When I woke up today, the idea of hitting a 17* Speedzone iron still sounded appealing haha

Might have to do it.

I woke up and the idea of a SZ 4i still sounds good to me too. Just wondering, does your SpeedBack 4i gap into your U85 2i? They are both 18* - do they go the same distance, or is there a club separation?

I am reconsidering everything all of the sudden, including adding these and dropping the FTs (and I love the FTs). I am certain now that OL isn't on my radar.

Aren't you glad you still have a few more days to decide? :p

I'm still mulling over a couple shafts but I'm pretty confident that those will be my clubs.

You gotta go with whatever you think is best for your game. Good Luck!!! Excited to see you final choices.

Back