Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2020 Morgan Cup Experience

Well.....I thought I was set, now I'm confused again. Went for another fitting yesterday afternoon at a different location and got some different results on the shafts. First fitting, the Rogue was the shaft for the driver and the fairway. This fitting, results came back better with the Hzrdus Yellow for both. Head is still just the SZ not the Extreme in the driver and still the SZ fairway, so that is at least ok. Ahhh the joys of being an inconsistent amateur and having and inconsistent swing. I'm still ok on irons with the Forged Tec and Mim wedges. What do you fellow Thp'ers think?

Well.....I thought I was set, now I'm confused again. Went for another fitting yesterday afternoon at a different location and got some different results on the shafts. First fitting, the Rogue was the shaft for the driver and the fairway. This fitting, results came back better with the Hzrdus Yellow for both. Head is still just the SZ not the Extreme in the driver and still the SZ fairway, so that is at least ok. Ahhh the joys of being an inconsistent amateur and having and inconsistent swing. I'm still ok on irons with the Forged Tec and Mim wedges. What do you fellow Thp'ers think?

I have not hit the clubs with a Rogue shaft. However, there sure seem to be a lot of folks saying that the Smoke Yellow is a great fit with these heads.

Must be a wonderful burden you all bear...!
Fun follow to see all the craziness in here.

Order week is here and I thought I was mostly settled, but now feeling the urge to get to a Club Champion for a proper fitting. Will see if I can pull that off?!

In honor of you who are about to choose your Morgan Cup bag, I played a full set of Cobra equipment this weekend, 13 clubs. I shot a 75, 4 over. Here is how Arccos judged my round. The equipment this year is as good as anything offered by anybody. I truly love the Forged Tec irons. The SpeedZone driver is incredible. I am excited for all of you. Good luck narrowing down your selections.

D3B88448-F4D6-48DE-A8DC-464518BD38F0.jpeg

In honor of you who are about to choose your Morgan Cup bag, I played a full set of Cobra equipment this weekend, 13 clubs. I shot a 75, 4 over. Here is how Arccos judged my round. The equipment this year is as good as anything offered by anybody. I truly love the Forged Tec irons. The SpeedZone driver is incredible. I am excited for all of you. Good luck narrowing down your selections.

View attachment 8929047
I am pretty excited to order and get to work with the clubs!

Don't overthink it.. Sounds like either shaft works for you. You can always get the other shaft later and compare head to head

View attachment 8929047
Great round Craig!!!

View attachment 8929047

I need you to make an elixir of that and send it to me lol

Played a round with the T-Rails yesterday - winter swing was garbage, but damn, I might need to change my order
Friday needs to hurry up so we don't sit here and ponder changing orders.....

Shhh don’t be saying that! Changing your mind 3 or 4 times is completely normal

View attachment 8929047
Looks like we need to get you the square strike chipper, I talked to cobra about getting one in their line up.:LOL::LOL:

Looks like we need to get you the square strike chipper, I talked to cobra about getting one in their line up.:LOL::LOL:

Although Arccos always has my chipping worse than what I think it is, it truly was garbage over the weekend. I either chunked or bladed 4 little chips/pitches. I could have shot close to par, but for my mess of a short game. As soon as the weather warms, it will be time to get out the shag bag and fix it.

Agree!!! every day I have a new thought of what to order

Yup! A couple more days to change my mind on the top of the bag. Irons and wedges are ready to go but I have this feeling I should go to club champion and do a long game fitting...

As someone who is set it's amusing to sit back and see everyone go back and forth regarding club selections.

Agree!!! every day I have a new thought of what to order

It's hard to avoid reading about what others are hitting in their fittings and not be intrigued or seduced. That's why I'm happy I'm set with my selections.

Played a round with the T-Rails yesterday - winter swing was garbage, but damn, I might need to change my order
Considering their capacity to elevate the ball, I can see this for sure.

It better be or I have more psychological damage than I thought!!:unsure:

Last edited:
For Cobra’s first foray into this iron class they did a ton right with this offering
It wasn't the sound I wanted to hear indoors, but it is TOTALLY different when you get them outside.

Was fun and impressive to hit them in Florida.

It wasn't the sound I wanted to hear indoors, but it is TOTALLY different when you get them outside.

Having hit some other OEM hybrid irons - they nailed the sound - my playing partner also commented how they are the best looking hybrid irons the market right now.

Damn @Bernoulli you might not be the only one ha

It will be fun and impressive to hit them in Utah.

Back