Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Had my best drive with the F9 last night. Hit it 277 yards down the middle on a Par 5. Left myself 225 to the green. The second shot wasn’t so great so I’ll save all of you the ugly details!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to find a good fitter... I feel that with Club Champion I am getting a surface fitting, perhaps the best combination of head and shaft but I never really see / hear of people getting the shaft fitting down to the point where they discussing differing tipping strategies etc. Perhaps thats the reality of fittings for dudes off the street

I self fit myself for this one honestly. I bought the driver as a demo, with a shaft I knew I wasn't going to play, knowing I was going with my BB 6x. The tipping was more cosmetic. I pulled the shaft from my Cleveland Launched HB driver (glue in head.) The shaft sat a little deeper in the launcher head than it does in the Cobra adapter, so I tipped it half an inch. From previous fittings, I know what shaft profile I fit in to for the most part. I have a local fitter out here that I spent a couple hours with just on the driver a couple years ago. We talked about everything from bend profile, to frequency range that fits me, to torque, weight, etc, etc. Helped me out a ton.

Anyone hit the F9 with a Tour AD TP-6? I have one on the way and may give it a try this weekend. Just looking for some feedback. As much of a shaft ho as I've been over the past couple years, I've never really tried any of the Graphite Design offerings.

Yes, that is my setup. I love the TP 6 shaft and it looks great in the Avalanche head. For me, the combo is a good mid-high launch and I am able to control the spin pretty well, which I fight a bit with driver. It gave me as good of ball speed as any other shaft I tried.

Might have finally found a combo for me...at least at the range. F9 Camo head with my custom THCE shaft. Standard setting 9* with heavy weight back. According to the SC200 I was seeing about 4-5 more mph swing speed with this combo than with the yellow head. My shaft is 1/2" shorter playing at 45" and the Camo driver has the stock 14g weight. My yellow head has an 18g weight. I'm guessing that's because of swing weight? Obviously on course is the real test but was seeing much better ball flight with this combination. Looks pretty awesome too.

8dd2654eb0f15944b63410584b74a20d.jpg

Might have finally found a combo for me...at least at the range. F9 Camo head with my custom THCE shaft. Standard setting 9* with heavy weight back. According to the SC200 I was seeing about 4-5 more mph swing speed with this combo than with the yellow head. My shaft is 1/2" shorter playing at 45" and the Camo driver has the stock 14g weight. My yellow head has an 18g weight. I'm guessing that's because of swing weight? Obviously on course is the real test but was seeing much better ball flight with this combination. Looks pretty awesome too.

8dd2654eb0f15944b63410584b74a20d.jpg

What is “better ball flight?”

Bad night last night with the driver, but I did take away some positives. I didn't land a single ball in the fairway during league - everything missed right. I'm almost wondering if the Helium shaft is a little too light for me to control consistently. Pondering putting a HZRDUS red or yellow in it - to see if I notice anything different. Distance was less - but we were playing in 45 degree weather -so I wasn't expecting bombs.

That said - all my misses right were significantly less than with any other driver. The forgiveness is there I think. Gonna be fun tweaking this thing to see if I can get i where I want it to be.

What is “better ball flight?”

Haha medium launch or I would describe as penetrating and much straighter with either baby fades or draws. No big misses basically that would put me a hole over in another fairway. Last time on course I repeatedly saw the high right spinny miss...and playing into the wind on a lot of holes it was no bueno.

Again this is just the range and I had a good session today overall so maybe it was just a good day but I’m going to roll with this setup next time I get out on course and see how it works with a real golf ball.

So how has the cobra lines evolved since the f6? I put a fairway shaft in an f6 driver head with the weight forward and some lead tape added. It was a really straight combo for me. Just needed more launch angle.

So how has the cobra lines evolved since the f6? I put a fairway shaft in an f6 driver head with the weight forward and some lead tape added. It was a really straight combo for me. Just needed more launch angle.

I am glad you asked, with me having played the F7+, F8+ and now F9 9* over the last year and change. The F7+ maintained what I would consider to be a more traditional face design and had a three weight system which, in theory, should have made the head available for a higher degree of fine-tuning, but I think in practice was overkill, since most people I know just moved the heavy weight between the back and front positions, and left the side at the 2g setting. With the F8 line came the CNC milled face for more thickness consistency and a longer potential, as well as some aerodynamic improvements in both overall shape and crown areo flow, creating a faster driver speed and increased ball carry. I hit my F8+ about 8-10 yards farther on well struck balls. The F8 used a back to side 2 spot weight system, while the F8+ used a front to back two position system.

The F9 has taken the CNC Face and added significant areo advantages, a lower center of gravity, and a more complete carbon crown wrap, all with an eye of increasing club speed and adding forgiveness. The F9 head is notably shaped with more of a "teardrop" profile. The forgiveness on off-center ball strikes is the best of the bunch, and the distance if farther. While I have experienced a 5-8 yard increase on distance, I have seen a significant decrease of offline shot dispersion. The F9 is light years ahead of the F7, and to me, ahead of the F8 in terms of aerodynamic features and forgiveness.

I am glad you asked, with me having played the F7+, F8+ and now F9 9* over the last year and change. The F7+ maintained what I would consider to be a more traditional face design and had a three weight system which, in theory, should have made the head available for a higher degree of fine-tuning, but I think in practice was overkill, since most people I know just moved the heavy weight between the back and front positions, and left the side at the 2g setting. With the F8 line came the CNC milled face for more thickness consistency and a longer potential, as well as some aerodynamic improvements in both overall shape and crown areo flow, creating a faster driver speed and increased ball carry. I hit my F8+ about 8-10 yards farther on well struck balls. The F8 used a back to side 2 spot weight system, while the F8+ used a front to back two position system.

The F9 has taken the CNC Face and added significant areo advantages, a lower center of gravity, and a more complete carbon crown wrap, all with an eye of increasing club speed and adding forgiveness. The F9 head is notably shaped with more of a "teardrop" profile. The forgiveness on off-center ball strikes is the best of the bunch, and the distance if farther. While I have experienced a 5-8 yard increase on distance, I have seen a significant decrease of offline shot dispersion. The F9 is light years ahead of the F7, and to me, ahead of the F8 in terms of aerodynamic features and forgiveness.

Having played the bio cell before I found the f6 to be much better. I was getting near perfect smash factor so cobra must be really improving each year.

Just ordered an avalanche F9 for my senior HS #1 as his HS graduation gift. I fit him on mine the other day so he will likely lose his mind when I give it to him. It’ll be good for him to have a new weapon when he moves to college golf next year.

Just ordered an avalanche F9 for my senior HS #1 as his HS graduation gift. I fit him on mine the other day so he will likely lose his mind when I give it to him. It’ll be good for him to have a new weapon when he moves to college golf next year.

Well done sir. We need more people like you in the world. I’m sure he will love it.

That is an impressive gift!

Kudos to you sir! Not many people would do something like that. What did you fit him into out of curiosity?

Yes, that is my setup. I love the TP 6 shaft and it looks great in the Avalanche head. For me, the combo is a good mid-high launch and I am able to control the spin pretty well, which I fight a bit with driver. It gave me as good of ball speed as any other shaft I tried.

Are you playing standard length and weight set up in the TP-6 or did you go shorter? I had to pull a Callaway adapter off the one I bought so there's about 1/2" of tip prep area showing now with the Cobra adapter. I butt trimmed the HZRDUS Smoke I'm currently playing by 1/2" and added an 8g weight to replace the 2g up front to get SW back but I don't think I'm necessarily hitting it any better than the original stock 45.5" length with the 14g/2g set up.

Not sure how sensitive the TP is to tipping so unsure on trimming the 1/2" on the Tour AD to clean it up.
Either way I'm excited to give it a rip this Sunday. Have an 8:30 time on what looks to be a beautiful CO spring day.

Awesome gesture James!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Are you playing standard length and weight set up in the TP-6 or did you go shorter? I had to pull a Callaway adapter off the one I bought so there's about 1/2" of tip prep area showing now with the Cobra adapter. I butt trimmed the HZRDUS Smoke I'm currently playing by 1/2" and added an 8g weight to replace the 2g up front to get SW back but I don't think I'm necessarily hitting it any better than the original stock 45.5" length with the 14g/2g set up.

Not sure how sensitive the TP is to tipping so unsure on trimming the 1/2" on the Tour AD to clean it up.
Either way I'm excited to give it a rip this Sunday. Have an 8:30 time on what looks to be a beautiful CO spring day.

Mine is all standard. Length, weighting, etc. Good luck with the setup. I am excited to hear how it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jman, I’m 47. Can I join your HS team? Well done. Very kind.

Jman, I’m 47. Can I join your HS team? Well done. Very kind.

Sounds like the plot for an 80s John Hughes movie haha.

Great job Jman, gestured like that can have a hinge impact on people at that age. Maybe one day you will be able to say that you bought a PGA tour winner his first big kid driver.

I just need to figure out what length I want to order the F9 at...

I am keeping the Rogue and will have a Oban Kiyoshi Purple to match the F9... it's more a matter of which one will be shortened, feel it will be the Rogue. I am 100% certain I can't rock the F9 at the full 45.25, I am only 5'7

I really want the F9 because I like shiny new things, but I'm hitting my F7+ so dang good. I went heavy weight forward and heavy weight draw so if I moved to the F9 I'm worried I might need hot melt to get the weight right. Not sure what my current swing weight is on my driver but I'm sure the head is much heavier than a stock F9.

I really want the F9 because I like shiny new things, but I'm hitting my F7+ so dang good. I went heavy weight forward and heavy weight draw so if I moved to the F9 I'm worried I might need hot melt to get the weight right. Not sure what my current swing weight is on my driver but I'm sure the head is much heavier than a stock F9.

I still have one F7+ head that has two broken 2g weights. I’ll try to weigh both heads tonight. The CNC milled face in the F9 would by itself make the change worth while, in my opinion.

Kudos to you sir! Not many people would do something like that. What did you fit him into out of curiosity?

10.5 head turned down, 44.75", HZRDUS Smoke 60X.

He's not allowed on my launch monitor, so I had to fit him by sight/trial&error with my 10.5, he's oblivious. Will be pissed when I hand it to him at graduation.

10.5 head turned down, 44.75", HZRDUS Smoke 60X.

He's not allowed on my launch monitor, so I had to fit him by sight/trial&error with my 10.5, he's oblivious. Will be pissed when I hand it to him at graduation.

Haha why isn’t he allowed on the LM?

Haha why isn’t he allowed on the LM?

Its not mine. It’s THP’s so it’s a safety of the unit thing!

Back