Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

After a little tweaking and talking with Jose I got the speedzone dialed in. I was able to hit some good drives in the Morgan Cup. @JB said I need a 14.5 lofted driver though :LOL:. As long as you put good swings on the ball it goes deep and is pretty forgiving. I don't know why me and the xtreme didn't work out as well but people were bombing those in the event too.

Talking about yourself in the 3rd person again? 😂;)
#Bomber

The accuracy and forgiveness that the Xtreme head offers for me is outstanding where it was for the first 4 months of the season, that is a great question.
I would say yes but I kept seeing him hit another club off the tee :ROFLMAO: You hit that driver well. The Xtreme was a weapon for me a big portion of the weekend also. Sadly even it couldn't save me on Sunday ;)

I would say yes but I kept seeing him hit another club off the tee :ROFLMAO: You hit that driver well. The Xtreme was a weapon for me a big portion of the weekend also. Sadly even it couldn't save me on Sunday ;)

I hit it bad twice Saturday/Sunday Saturday I think @LittleRat @MarMill8412 won the hole against @e1iterate and I, Four our match on Sunday against you the one time I hit a draw, hole 9 you took a point off of me

Weather, coaching, and life have been keeping me from giving the Xtreme a run since I got it. Hoping for a nice day where I'm free before old man winter sets in. I dont think I could wait until Spring :rolleyes:

Probably end of day these drivers are truly great when fit right / I just don’t like the look or feel at all sadly, as years ago played all Cobra clubs at low hdcp.

Was a cooler day today and I was a little more bundled up than normal, but had a fantastic day driving the golf ball. Distance wasn't there (43 when we teed off, 45 when we finished) but in the short stuff all day long made it a little easier to play haha.

I've only got a few more rounds in the season but all in all say I'm extremely happy with the SZ in 2020.

Wish I didn’t spin these so much. 😭

Fit my #1 bag to an Xtreme though and he’s in love.

Was a cooler day today and I was a little more bundled up than normal, but had a fantastic day driving the golf ball. Distance wasn't there (43 when we teed off, 45 when we finished) but in the short stuff all day long made it a little easier to play haha.

I've only got a few more rounds in the season but all in all say I'm extremely happy with the SZ in 2020.

Great hearing that you’ve enjoyed your time with it this season dude

Great hearing that you’ve enjoyed your time with it this season dude
Not going to lie, it was a very slow start but as the season progressed I've gained roughly 10 yards and hit a few more fairways than the previous year with the F9.

Hope all is well my friend and that your missing clubs show up soon..... :rofl:

Not going to lie, it was a very slow start but as the season progressed I've gained roughly 10 yards and hit a few more fairways than the previous year with the F9.

Hope all is well my friend and that your missing clubs show up soon..... :rofl:

That’s wild - different setup in the SZ Xtreme for me than the F9 but I’d say the bolded is accurate from Aug on.

good news 7i showed up other day and PW is on it’s way... after Paradise passed it around :oops::oops::oops:

going to get the new speedzone setup out on the home course tomorrow, should be a good test.

That’s wild - different setup in the SZ Xtreme for me than the F9 but I’d say the bolded is accurate from Aug on.

good news 7i showed up other day and PW is on it’s way... after Paradise passed it around :oops::oops::oops:
I hope you like the new grip on the wedge.

I haven’t been able to swing since the MC, but I can’t wait to get out again with the driver. I changed shafts at the MC and Jose told me I needed to try a new setting when I got home. So I will be trying the Ventus Blue with the driver set at 10 degrees when I get out next. I am excited!

Last edited:
Wish I didn’t spin these so much. 😭

Fit my #1 bag to an Xtreme though and he’s in love.
I’ve never gotten on a monitor with my Xtreme really just fit myself based on performance and ball flight. I would agree that it does spin and launch pretty high though. I have never played a head a 8* before 😳 but it just works for me. I can honestly say this has been the straightest driver I have ever gamed. I do think it might be possible to get more distance with another head by cutting some spin but this thing is legit and I’d gladly give up another 10 yds to be in the fairway. Last round I played I hit every fairway except one with this club in my hand which usually bodes well for the scorecard.

What degree head and shaft did you fit him into?

I’ve never gotten on a monitor with my Xtreme really just fit myself based on performance and ball flight. I would agree that it does spin and launch pretty high though. I have never played a head a 8* before 😳 but it just works for me. I can honestly say this has been the straightest driver I have ever gamed. I do think it might be possible to get more distance with another head by cutting some spin but this thing is legit and I’d gladly give up another 10 yds to be in the fairway. Last round I played I hit every fairway except one with this club in my hand which usually bodes well for the scorecard.

The only setup I haven’t tried in these is the non Xtreme in a 9 turned to 8, and the reason there is the fade bias scares me. Love the feel. Love the look. Love Cobra. But the fit just wasn’t there through a lot of head and shaft setup combos, and for me there wasn’t a fairway difference so it just didn’t make sense. But rest assured, when the new heads drop I’ll be trying for a fit again. Cobra was my first love in golf gear, and I’ve got the THPMC staff bag still to prove it :ROFLMAO:

Fit him to a 9.0 Xtreme set standard with a heavier weight in the back and a PX Smoke Black 60 in 6.5 playing 44.5. We got him to 164, 13.7, and 2400 on the monitor with it. He doubted me on the shaft and length, I’m smarter than him though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Been tinkering with shafts and settings a ton this past month. Moved back to a shaft I know I have had success with previously, 6.5 smoke black, bailed on the tour length concept and dropped the head weight and dropped the loft to 8*. Finally starting to settle in and not having as much of those disheartening ballooning spinners.

Still must be spinning more than I would like as well struck shots are just not rewarded with the length I've been used to. Last couple of rounds it has done a really good job limiting the left/right misses and keeping the ball in play. Seems to be a little fade biased since I dropped to 8* but not terrible. Might try the 8*draw setting but would rather not introduce a two way miss again.

Also might go even lighter on headweight.

After this club being absolutely lightsout for me at The Morgan Cup two weeks ago I was brought back to reality with some pretty bad accuracy struggles today.

Forgiveness was there was distance was better considering the spots on the face i was making contact with but just not it’s/my best day 😥

I have been raving about the Callaway B21, and rightfully so. I took both it and my Speedzone Pars and Stripes for my TrackMan session tonight. I am putting new Cobra irons in play tomorrow and wanted to at least toy with the idea of having the Cobra driver in the bag with them. For one night, the Cobra was yielding better numbers than the B21. My swing was a little slow tonight, but it is hard to beat these type of numbers:

B97F594A-6479-4156-8053-CF83C62CEC41.jpeg

I have been raving about the Callaway B21, and rightfully so. I took both it and my Speedzone Pars and Stripes for my TrackMan session tonight. I am putting new Cobra irons in play tomorrow and wanted to at least toy with the idea of having the Cobra driver in the bag with them. For one night, the Cobra was yielding better numbers than the B21. My swing was a little slow tonight, but it is hard to beat these type of numbers:

View attachment 8971845

Love your numbers Craigers!!! So jelly

View attachment 8971845

if take that, 292 with less than a 100 mph swing. Wow

if take that, 292 with less than a 100 mph swing. Wow
Just remember, I am playing at altitude and they usually set up TrackMan to match the locality. Still, we are talking 265 to 270 at sea level and I take that any day for this almost 60 year old. My driver swing is pretty efficient, at least that is what my swing coach keeps telling me. 1.51 smash is about as good as it gets.

After getting some input from forum members on my driver set up, I put the SpeedZone Pars and Stripes in the bag for my 9 hole round this afternoon. This driver was really long earlier in the year, but I kind of lost control of it. Implementing some of the input, I got more shoulder tilt in my set up (thanks, @OITW), moved the ball a bit more forward in my stance and got my hip alignment straightened out. This driver absolutely came alive. I have never driven it better. Ever. Now, this driver is back in a horse race for first spot in the bag, because Cobra will always be my go to, if it works.

B026B01A-2E91-4772-A1C6-79FF4F5DEA23.jpeg04A74847-65B1-4177-91A8-A8C651E43BCD.jpeg60C666D8-ADF2-427D-9D33-D606183A51A7.jpegAD88065F-FE7D-4E48-A8F0-419AAC434693.jpegB0E936AF-3A7A-4E94-8458-DBF2CF2503B3.jpeg

@Tenputt

Awesome drives. Absurdly good results. Don't take that out of the bag.

High is such a relative term haha. I wish I could hit it as high as you! It does still perform with my traj though.

Back