Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Spent the rest of the afternoon on the range.

Weights forward, lower ball flight, larger dispersion. Trackman numbers not required.

Weight back, higher ball flight. But not ballooning. Penetrating and higher.

Changes in lofts also predictably alter the trajectory. In a very stable fashion.

Once I felt looser I started to go after it more, and more. Each and every swing building confidence.

I ended up lowering the loft to 7.5 and Teeing the ball forward, as seen on the longer drive Championship. Again just rocket after rocket.

Will it stand up to game day pressure, we will soon find out. But I honestly couldn't find anything that I didn't like about the club.

The shaft was heavier and felt better with more control for my Swings. Flaws and all.

This might indeed be the Year of the Driver.

Good job Cobra.
Great review. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am pumped about the cobra gear and I just got the jpx 919 tours not too long ago.
How do you like the 919Ts? Pondering a purchase of those...they look sp pure at address

I am ready for another go with SpeedZone - I want this one to be the one. It sets up beautiful!

How do you like the 919Ts? Pondering a purchase of those...they look sp pure at address
They are lovely. Look the best at address and more forgiving in miss hits than I expected. Really have a great feel!

Spent the rest of the afternoon on the range.

Weights forward, lower ball flight, larger dispersion. Trackman numbers not required.

Weight back, higher ball flight. But not ballooning. Penetrating and higher.

Changes in lofts also predictably alter the trajectory. In a very stable fashion.

Once I felt looser I started to go after it more, and more. Each and every swing building confidence.

I ended up lowering the loft to 7.5 and Teeing the ball forward, as seen on the longer drive Championship. Again just rocket after rocket.

Will it stand up to game day pressure, we will soon find out. But I honestly couldn't find anything that I didn't like about the club.

The shaft was heavier and felt better with more control for my Swings. Flaws and all.

This might indeed be the Year of the Driver.

Good job Cobra.
Sounds promising (y)(y)

Smoke Yellow shaft?

Yep. The 9* had smoke yellow 6.0 , the 10.5 had smoke yellow 6.5. The fitter left me alone and I didnt bring my wrench so I had to hit both clubs how they came. the 9* had heavy weight forward and the 10.5 had heavy weight back..... The 6.5 is a better fit for me

The sound....it’s still so....addicting.

And How about the Results
Mentioned it in here earlier, but focus is on data for the Mavrik I'm reviewing for the homepage at the moment. In a few weeks though this one, the Mavrik, and my gamer 410 LST will all get a throwdown.

I am getting Addicted to the Results. I am looking forward to hitting driver every par4, even on the short - Tight ones.

Birdie Maker

After 36 beautiful holes the SZ is more than 50% better than the F-9. It is a Club that truly is a significant improvement over the prior Drivers released by Cobra.

So far it has completely eliminated the left side of the Fairway. For my swing, flaws and All.

As a Lifelong Hooker of the golf ball this is the best part.

This I am sure is partly because of the Hzrdus smoke Yellow shaft. Which also fix my game better than the Smoke Black. But that is for a different thread.

It's without a doubt the Longest driver That I can say is a real life Fairway Finder. Any Golfers Dream.

I am no longer using the 3 Wood or Driving Iron on any of the par fours. Which is leaving me short Irons and Wedges into Greens.

Plus the Infinity Face more than adequately protects your Club from the dreaded Sky Ball Mark I tend to hit when I happen to Tee the ball high as I was trying to hit the long ball.

Anyone on the fence who owns a F-9 owns themselves and must test the Speedzone. It will improve your game. Period. What have you got to lose. Other than points on your Handicap.

After 36 beautiful holes the SZ is more than 50% better than the F-9. It is a Club that truly is a significant improvement over the prior Drivers released by Cobra.

So far it has completely eliminated the left side of the Fairway. For my swing, flaws and All.

This I am sure is partly because of the Hzrdus smoke Yellow shaft. Which also fix my game better than the Smoke Black. But that is for a different thread.

It's without a doubt the Longest driver That I can say is a real life Fairway Finder. Any Golfers Dream.

I am no longer using the 3 Wood or Driving Iron on any of the par fours. Which is leaving me short Irons and Wedges into Greens.

Plus the Infinity Face more than adequately protects your Club from the dreaded Sky Ball Mark I tend to hit when I happen to Tee the ball high as I was trying to hit the long ball.

Anyone on the fence who owns a F-9 owns themselves and must test the Speedzone. It will improve your game. Period. What have you got to lose. Other than points on your Handicap.

Your making the temptation to great. I haven't played a F9 but have played a FlyZ+ and a F8+ so the Speedzone becomes more and more interesting all the time. :)

Last edited:

Great to hear. Looks like this one is sure to be a winner. :cool:(y)

I had the chance to hit the SpeedZone and the SpeedZone Xtreme side by side today, both with the Smoke Yellow, 6.0 shaft. The heavy weight was forward with the standard head. I didn’t think until I was finished to move the heavy weight to the back. Both were set standard at 9 degrees.

I should receive a TrackMan printout tomorrow (or the next day) and I will post the results. However, here are some initial thoughts.

The Xtreme felt better. It seemed to be a little more draw biased. The spin difference was significant. We will see when I get the report, but I am going to guess that the difference in spin was 500. The ball speeds were pretty similar. The Xtreme seemed to be a little more draw biased.

For me, the spin on the Xtreme was a little high and the spin on the standard head was a little low. I may have the perfect combo if I move the heavy weight to the back in the standard head.

The shaft that I ordered with my SpeedZone was the Ventus 5 stiff. I am guessing that the spin on the Smoke Yellow is 300 or so lower.

I am interested to see the dispersion, when the report arrives. Please feel free to ask any questions.

What have you got to lose? Money? Ha ha. As I have said, in my mind the SpeedZone is definitely an improvement over the F9.

What have you got to lose? Money? Ha ha. As I have said, in my mind the SpeedZone is definitely an improvement over the F9.
@Tenputt

Does Not Lie.

Your accurate accounts of your experience made me BELIEVE :drinks:

I need to get back out and try both again.

Got my hands on the SZ, SZX, and F9. Impressive tech all the way around from Cobra, and you can tell a difference from club to club, but I'm not sure the cost difference = the amount of difference I saw, for me anyway. The biggest difference I had was the forgiveness on off-center hits with the SZ over the F9, the F9 wasn't bad, but the SZ is very kind.

Got my hands on the SZ, SZX, and F9. Impressive tech all the way around from Cobra, and you can tell a difference from club to club, but I'm not sure the cost difference = the amount of difference I saw, for me anyway. The biggest difference I had was the forgiveness on off-center hits with the SZ over the F9, the F9 wasn't bad, but the SZ is very kind.

This is exactly what I feel in terms of performance. The Xtreme is the most forgiving, SpeedZone next and F9 is third. All great drivers, but the new release is an improvement on forgiveness.

This is exactly what I feel in terms of performance. The Xtreme is the most forgiving, SpeedZone next and F9 is third. All great drivers, but the new release is an improvement on forgiveness.
Something was off to me with the Xtreme. I don't know what, and maybe it was just the different shape of the head but I couldn't get along with it. Each driver was shafted with a HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff. So I took that variable out.
Over my current driver (ST180) I was getting 14 yards more with the F9, 16 more with the SZ. Both relatively straight and more forgiving that the mizuno. Plus better sounding to my ears.

Something was off to me with the Xtreme. I don't know what, and maybe it was just the different shape of the head but I couldn't get along with it. Each driver was shafted with a HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff. So I took that variable out.
Over my current driver (ST180) I was getting 14 yards more with the F9, 16 more with the SZ. Both relatively straight and more forgiving that the mizuno. Plus better sounding to my ears.
That’s quite an increase in yards!

That’s quite an increase in yards!
ALOT of that should be accredited to being fit into the correct shaft, but I won't take anything away from the clubs as well.

ALOT of that should be accredited to being fit into the correct shaft, but I won't take anything away from the clubs as well.
Did you buy your Mizuno off the rack?

Did you buy your Mizuno off the rack?
Yes. A very uninformed purchase. But I was going from an R11S to the mizuno, lets just say that THP has taught me the importance of professionals helping you select clubs.

Back