Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Good drive sir... glad you got the driver dialed in it appears.
I had some outstanding drives on the course today. It was beautiful.
Still sneaking in a couple turds here and there, but we're progressing well.

Put in a new shaft last week and Saturday was my first round with it. Took a couple holes to get used to it but once I timed it correctly it was a monster... Everyone including me talks about how forgiving the Xtreme is, but I also need to point out its surprisingly very long also.
This has been a great fit for high launch and low spin.
At the range Sunday I got some quick numbers and it matched what I was seeing according to Arccos on course play

View attachment 8947021
Great spin numbers! Do you know your attack angle?

Well 4 rounds in with the Extreme and I'm still very impressed with the club. I put a 9g weight from an F8 hybrid into it until I get the proper weight (and HZRDUS Green) from Cobra. Had about 5 drives that were right down the pipe. Misses are quite manageable. Sound is fine for me as I honestly never even register the sound when in hitting it. Interested to see how the Green works compared to the original black.

Got out to the range at lunch today to hit some Drivers. I haven't got to play too many rounds with this, but today at the range it was deep. I have the TL shaft and have had no problems adapting. I feel like I have more control over the driver with the shorter shaft. Had some toe, heel, and low strikes and all would have been in play. Looks like they all landing similar distance as well. I am excited to keep working with this driver and get it on the course more for some testing. I really feel like I can swing as hard as I want at the ball with no real fear of having a big miss. Granted I did block one way out to the right. But that was just one!

I literally can not wait to see your ball fly 400 yards in Utah air!
hahaha im definitely gonna try!! but I think I gotta train with the SuperSpeed sticks some more to get there

I love hearing the long ball talk. It seems like people think it is like playing on the moon here in Utah.

I love hearing the long ball talk. It seems like people think it is like playing on the moon here in Utah.

I'll be content hitting 250 yard fairways. :ROFLMAO:

That GIF is hilarious!!

it Is compared to OH. Lol
3/4 of my Annual rounds start in 30* weather and maybe get into the 50’s by 9am when I’m usually finishing up.
Not to mention soggy ground. I play down south usually once A year and I seem to gain at least 20 yds off the tee just due to firm and warmer conditions. Out west in the elevation I couldn’t even imagine. Heck even coach herm Edwards was hitting them 300 on driver vs driver with his 84 mph swing.

3/4 of my Annual rounds start in 30* weather and maybe get into the 50’s by 9am when I’m usually finishing up.
Not to mention soggy ground. I play down south usually once A year and I seem to gain at least 20 yds off the tee just due to firm and warmer conditions. Out west in the elevation I couldn’t even imagine. Heck even coach herm Edwards was hitting them 300 on driver vs driver with his 84 mph swing.
Lol, yes he was with the 60 yards of roll they weren’t talking about.

Im in Chicago so thats the same scenario for me. My tee time is 6:07am on Saturdays and ive grown used to having drives plug in the ground

yeah, seriously. I took angles and pictures to validate on google maps when I got home.

Lowest value I can create is 370. Highest is 380. I assume reasonable middle is 375.

View attachment 8947100

With a drive like that you should have been in Arnie’s bunker... I guess fairway is alright though

The Gunmetal LINQ in the SZ was pretty crazy. And by that I mean the amount of spin decrease was eye opening. I’m talking that flight where it looks almost knuckleish but it’s high and just surprisingly long.

Oh, and it’ll get tried in this new toy too

View attachment 8946009View attachment 8946010

I’m interested to see what the gunmetal will do in myxtreme. On paper I should have gone with purple (looks better in my opinion as well haha) but I’m playing the 12* head and my swing/delivery for my driver has changed a bit. Still low to mid spin (visually it seems anyways) but I’m launching much higher.

it’ll be fun to put it on the Gc2 at the local store to see if it works well for me or if I should stick with the attas 11 or helium.

Lol, yes he was with the 60 yards of roll they weren’t talking about.

short knockers like me need all that roll we can get 😀

Im in Chicago so thats the same scenario for me. My tee time is 6:07am on Saturdays and ive grown used to having drives plug in the ground

Looking at those numbers you posted I don't get how a 157 ball speed, 13.9 launch, 2752 spinner is supposed to go 293. It seems like you're pretty long, but those numbers just don't seem right for Chicago type elevation.

Had another 18 today, still shaking off a bit of the rustiness. I'd mentioned in my previous couple of posts that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was a fair bit shorter with the Xtreme than my current driver (Epic Flash SZ set at 10.5 with stiff Mitsubishi Chemical C6 60g playing 1" short) I took the EF out with me today to see if it was just my imagination and seems not. The best example is below - first photo with the Cobra, and second with the EF. When I played on Sunday afternoon I hit the SZ about as well as I could, and it hit the fairway just before the bunker and ran in - total of 231. Today it comfortably carried the bunker on an almost identical line and out to 279. Was also about 15 degrees colder today, and the fairways were soggy with very little roll. For what it's worth, this was about the same for the rest of the round.

SZ.pngEF.png

For reference, I'm playing the Xtreme at tour length, 12 degree standard with the Hzrdus Smoke yellow in stiff and 6g weight at the back, which is what I was fit into.

Ball flights between the two are almost identical, and I would say that the Cobra is quite a good amount better in terms of flat out forgiveness and 'point and shoot' fairway finding, and I absolutely love the way that it looks and feels, just can't figure out where the distance has gone! Arccos is showing 25 yards more 'smart distance' with the EF.

Am thinking of switching the tips and trying the Chemical shaft in the Cobra, or perhaps taking it down to 10.5 to see if that will make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can do?

Had another 18 today, still shaking off a bit of the rustiness. I'd mentioned in my previous couple of posts that I couldn't shake the feeling that I was a fair bit shorter with the Xtreme than my current driver (Epic Flash SZ set at 10.5 with stiff Mitsubishi Chemical C6 60g playing 1" short) I took the EF out with me today to see if it was just my imagination and seems not. The best example is below - first photo with the Cobra, and second with the EF. When I played on Sunday afternoon I hit the SZ about as well as I could, and it hit the fairway just before the bunker and ran in - total of 231. Today it comfortably carried the bunker on an almost identical line and out to 279. Was also about 15 degrees colder today, and the fairways were soggy with very little roll. For what it's worth, this was about the same for the rest of the round.

View attachment 8947274View attachment 8947275

For reference, I'm playing the Xtreme at tour length, 12 degree standard with the Hzrdus Smoke yellow in stiff and 6g weight at the back, which is what I was fit into.

Ball flights between the two are almost identical, and I would say that the Cobra is quite a good amount better in terms of flat out forgiveness and 'point and shoot' fairway finding, and I absolutely love the way that it looks and feels, just can't figure out where the distance has gone! Arccos is showing 25 yards more 'smart distance' with the EF.

Am thinking of switching the tips and trying the Chemical shaft in the Cobra, or perhaps taking it down to 10.5 to see if that will make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can do?

I would try to change the loft and shaft and then see what happens. What about the weight in the back of the Xtreme? You might want to check that also.

I would try to change the loft and shaft and then see what happens. What about the weight in the back of the Xtreme? You might want to check that also.
That's the plan for next time, am playing on Wednesday I think. Will dial it down a couple of degrees and see if that makes any difference at all. Failing that, will have a play with some different shafts - a bit of ebay shopping will be required I think! Worth getting a set of weights as well you think?

Looking at those numbers you posted I don't get how a 157 ball speed, 13.9 launch, 2752 spinner is supposed to go 293. It seems like you're pretty long, but those numbers just don't seem right for Chicago type elevation.
oh yea totally agree. I take those numbers with a grain of salt. The first couple seemed close, that one seems way off

Back