Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

@jdtox the weight you're getting, is that to try in the big tour?? or for driver?

Im curious to try a heavier weight but like you mentioned it'll be a month before receiving it
The weight was for the driver

Wow it's odd to hear that just about everyone is having issues with the Big Tour. Looking at my top of the bag, I'm not seeing any of the issues with the standard heads that I've got and they are all gapping out pretty well. Not enough action with the 5W but I'm seeing solid 10-12 yard gaps from the 3W to my 5i.

Hopefully everyone can get that Big Tour sorted-- wait you're both on Paradise who am I kidding. :confused2::p:LOL:

Wow it's odd to hear that just about everyone is having issues with the Big Tour. Looking at my top of the bag, I'm not seeing any of the issues with the standard heads that I've got and they are all gapping out pretty well. Not enough action with the 5W but I'm seeing solid 10-12 yard gaps from the 3W to my 5i.

Hopefully everyone can get that Big Tour sorted-- wait you're both on Paradise who am I kidding. :confused2::p:LOL:
Wanna trade so we can both review each model?? dont worry ill give you back the standard head...... after Morgan cup

There's nothing wrong with it per say, hitting it fine, the distance just isnt there right now unless Arccos is lying to me haha

I hit a draw with the 5w off the fairway last night. I have it at 18.5 in the draw setting. It's the second draw I've hit in the last few years. I hit a fade even with draw biased clubs.

There's nothing wrong with it per say, hitting it fine, the distance just isnt there right now unless Arccos is lying to me haha
Hahaha- I'll fully admit to skimming here, what's your split on usage? Fairway vs Tee? Or is this specifically a tee club for you?

Wanna trade so we can both review each model?? dont worry ill give you back the standard head...... after Morgan cup

Hahaha- I'll fully admit to skimming here, what's your split on usage? Fairway vs Tee? Or is this specifically a tee club for you?

Probably 50/50

At the time I hit that ever elusive draw, the following was in the sky. Playing partner took this picture on the hole I hit the draw on.

Rainbow in the rain.jpg

A double rainbow at the time and me hitting a draw. Very rare indeed.

Probably 50/50

I need to go back and look at your posts, but how does it perform when you isolate the two? Off the tee distance and off the fairway distance.

At the time I hit that ever elusive draw, the following was in the sky. Playing partner took this picture on the hole I hit the draw on.

View attachment 8950763

A double rainbow at the time and me hitting a draw. Very rare indeed.
Wow. Gorgeous Picture!! Thanks for sharing. Hope there wasn't lightning with it

Wow. Gorgeous Picture!! Thanks for sharing. Hope there wasn't lightning with it

More wind than rain. Was very windy for only one hole. The dark clouds had already passed.

More wind than rain. Was very windy for only one hole. The dark clouds had already passed.
Gorgeous either way. Hope the round was as good ;)

I need to go back and look at your posts, but how does it perform when you isolate the two? Off the tee distance and off the fairway distance.
I get a more distance off the tee than off the deck, I think its easier to hit off the tee personally but thats where I see it spin up more as well

Another round today, and unfortunately I'm still with you guys. Big Tour got benched on the back 9 and will be traded for another F9 3w head. I know that head will work for the purpose I want, so I'm not really interested in trying a SZ 3w

I took the Big Tour back down to 13.5 degrees and am not seeing any more distance than when I had it at 15 degrees. I think the spin is just getting a little too low at that setting for me. This thing is marketed as a higher launching, lower spinning fairway and that is what I am seeing from it so far.

The Fairways (3,5 and 7) continue to perform for me. Easy to launch off the deck. I’m very happy with them.

Same - I think I’m going to swap out my XS Helium in the 5w for a 3w shaft in stiff and see how it works out

I hit a draw with the 5w off the fairway last night. I have it at 18.5 in the draw setting. It's the second draw I've hit in the last few years. I hit a fade even with draw biased clubs.

Really dig the success you’re having with these

Picked up a standard speed zone 3w and went to the range to compare to big tour... Out of the MC bag the biggest disappointment by far has been both the big tour fairway and standard 5w. Both seem very spinny and have high peak heights. Big lack in distance compared to other fairways ive hit or in general my typical distances. Right now on Arccos my 5i and 5w are within 1 yard of each other

Anyways got some numbers from yesterday. SZ and Big Tour both were used with Rogue Silver... 2nd round of numbers with SZ I used an la golf ozik red tie. I have an Accra Tour Z RPG on the way also to try. Confirms what I thought about the big tour that its been very spinny. It also is much less forgiving than standard speedzone. Dispersion circle with both shafts on the SZ were noticeably tighter than the Big Tour.

Distance is still down a lot. yesterday was into the wind so maybe that affects it a little but overall the ball speed is still down. The numbers with the Big Tour are almost identical to what I typically see with a 5w

SZ 14.5* ... 245 carry, 269 total, 153mph, 10* launch, 84 avg peak height

Big Tour 13.5* ... 234 carry, 250 total, 152mph, 11* launch, 110 avg peak height

SZ 14.5* w/ Ozik Red ... 243 carry, 260 total, 153mph, 10* launch, 102 peak height

By far the best success I have had with the Big Tour has been at 15*, I keep trying to lower it to get more out of it but its always a fail, today was no exception. Setting it back to 15* and leaving it there. Problem is I'm just hitting the 2h so well and they are going almost the same distance and it makes no sense to have a 9* driver, 15* 3w and 17* 2h for gapping which is why I wanted the BTF to work at 13.5. Maybe another shaft will help who knows. Of the woods the 2h is my favorite club and its not close.

By far the best success I have had with the Big Tour has been at 15*, I keep trying to lower it to get more out of it but its always a fail, today was no exception. Setting it back to 15* and leaving it there. Problem is I'm just hitting the 2h so well and they are going almost the same distance and it makes no sense to have a 9* driver, 15* 3w and 17* 2h for gapping which is why I wanted the BTF to work at 13.5. Maybe another shaft will help who knows. Of the woods the 2h is my favorite club and its not close.
Still something seems odd that a 2h goes the same distance as a “low spin” fairway...even at 15* the design of the 3w (longer shaft, weight in front) should be 15 yards farther, if not more!

I know some have had success and love them, but these aren’t working for me either

I keep on hitting the 3w off the tee, and it keeps on flat out performing for me. Gentle little fade, about 230ish carry and right where it needs to be. But off the deck it is just an absolute missile launcher, I have to really swing at it but it just goes and goes forever. Only 3w I've ever been able to launch with any degree of success and is fast becoming an essential club in the bag.

I swapped out the XS Helium shaft in the 5w head for a S helium. Had a one good shot today and the other two were lacking - need more time with it nut the launch was phenomenal

This also happened with the 7w today

C52D58BC-E357-4852-AC18-3222FBD4DF9E.png

The second picture is what I’m most happy With as it is probably my hardest hole to par since I started playing golf here, it always has my number

AEE11243-DDFE-4917-A0F3-DC0105A43F5D.png8C2ABAC7-6BCE-4870-9DB3-C670D24A8D5D.png
Probably my favorite version of fairways going back to the F7 (and a lot of my love for the F7 is b/c of the color haha)

Does anyone like the big tour?

I swapped out the XS Helium shaft in the 5w head for a S helium. Had a one good shot today and the other two were lacking - need more time with it nut the launch was phenomenal

This also happened with the 7w today

View attachment 8951590

The second picture is what I’m most happy With as it is probably my hardest hole to par since I started playing golf here, it always has my number

View attachment 8951591View attachment 8951592
Probably my favorite version of fairways going back to the F7 (and a lot of my love for the F7 is b/c of the color haha)
There is a bit part of me wishing I had gone 7w instead of 4h, just for fun! Love me a 7w

How easy is the 3w Speedzone to launch. I have an old 4w 16.5 and wondering if these are easy to get up in the air. Never played cobra club before so very curious.

Back