Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Are the hybrids draw biased or are the pretty neutral?
They are pretty neutral with maybe a bit of fade for me. The fade prevelance is more me than the clubs with my current swing state.

They are pretty neutral with maybe a bit of fade for me. The fade prevelance is more me than the clubs with my current swing state.
That's good to hear. I'm in strong ponder for the 3 hybrid. I picked up the 4UT and it is basically the same distance as the Forged Tec 5i, but easier to hit. So I may drop the 5i and keep the UT and add a hybrid.

That's good to hear. I'm in strong ponder for the 3 hybrid. I picked up the 4UT and it is basically the same distance as the Forged Tec 5i, but easier to hit. So I may drop the 5i and keep the UT and add a hybrid.

3 Hybrid has been a champ for me. Probably the straightest club in my bag at the moment.

Made a point to pull the 3/5 more yesterday in my round. Hit the 5w off the tee twice, and pulled the 3w in the fairway on two par 5's and then once off the tee. Results? 3 FIR, and while I didn't hit the green's on the two par 5's I was in a fantastic spot for my 3rd shot. (burnt edges)

As a few other's have mentioned in here, love these two clubs now if I would just pull them more often haha.

That's interesting, I'm struggling with my 5i as I always do and was thinking about replacing it with a hybrid. You find the 4UT easier to hit? Presume you put the loft up to 24? That's the last thing I need to hear when I'm debating about the new camo driver too :LOL:

That's interesting, I'm struggling with my 5i as I always do and was thinking about replacing it with a hybrid. You find the 4UT easier to hit? Presume you put the loft up to 24? That's the last thing I need to hear when I'm debating about the new camo driver too :LOL:
I actually strengthened the loft on the 4UT and it is about 1/2 club longer for me than the 5i. I think it is just spinning more and launching higher for me, but it is easy to hit.

I actually strengthened the loft on the 4UT and it is about 1/2 club longer for me than the 5i. I think it is just spinning more and launching higher for me, but it is easy to hit.
I'm a bit worried as I did the same thing with the FT 5i and SZ 4h.
due to my current set up with the 919F 5i and apex 19 3h being more like a 25 yard gap.
🤞

also was worried the 3h would be the same distance as the strengthened SZ 4i. o_O

The calls of the Camo Driver are reaching the banks of the Dee.

If you have had success in the past with hybrids, then I think you should explore that option. Then again, if I'm struggling with a club, it stays in the bag (I don't pull it during play).

due to my current set up with the 919F 5i and apex 19 3h being more like a 25 yard gap.
🤞

also was worried the 3h would be the same distance as the strengthened SZ 4i. o_O
You will have some options between 5i and 3W for sure. Will be interesting to see how these gap for you.

2949EE17-1F25-498D-9273-9C8032E2E20F.png8BF1FEF2-AA23-4C42-8136-39B64081ABD3.png40DE3B21-7DC5-45B5-9595-53D15F5403BD.png

In an equipment lineup that is full of stars. The fairways are the most underrated least talked about gems IMO.

Seeing improved performance over previous fairway offerings for me. Great distance and accuracy off the tee. Off the deck the 7w is an absolute STUD

View attachment 8958085View attachment 8958086View attachment 8958088

In an equipment lineup that is full of stars. The fairways are the most underrated least talked about gems IMO.

Seeing improved performance over previous fairway offerings for me. Great distance and accuracy off the tee. Off the deck the 7w is an absolute STUD

For me, I think it’s a tie among the 3 5 and 7 woods as to which has been my favorite this season. I find the fairway woods easy to launch from the fairways and from the rough.

For me, I think it’s a tie among the 3 5 and 7 woods as to which has been my favorite this season. I find the fairway woods easy to launch from the fairways and from the rough.

I really need a 5F4 in my 5w

🤞

alright, more options. I thought I would be able to get to the range today but not looking good.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200818205253788_COVER.jpg

alright, more options. I thought I would be able to get to the range today but not looking good.

View attachment 8958780
Still early but this tour 5w is fun. Never played a 5w before so not really sure where it's going to fit in my bag.

off the tee was a bit of feast or famine. It's so small I've got to swing it more controlled like a hybrid in my mind. Flight is a little lower and distance longer than I was expecting. Seems to be a nice little fade biased for me which is nice.

Fairway is sooooooo good.

215 yard either a 3 or a 4 😂 two guys let us play thru yammeredthe 7w pin high off the tee

off the deck the rails are sooo good especially with the crazy as lies I find myself in at my home course

getting used to playing different shots choking down on the grip

the helium launches so well too -golf is fun and the gear makes it more fun

Still early but this tour 5w is fun. Never played a 5w before so not really sure where it's going to fit in my bag.

off the tee was a bit of feast or famine. It's so small I've got to swing it more controlled like a hybrid in my mind. Flight is a little lower and distance longer than I was expecting. Seems to be a nice little fade biased for me which is nice.
Here's the scary/fun part about this guy.
Face size comparison next to my prior gamer 3h and 4i.

IMG_20200824_201358.jpg

7w be like:

It’s the greatest thing since slice bread

A3A765ED-3140-4C64-9FFF-054DEED564E3.png

If Donald Ross wasn’t so diabolical around the green the pin high 7w that was just left I may have made Eagle/Birdie on this hole

off the deck off the tee the Cobra SpeedZone 7W with UST Helium 5F4 is GLORIOUS - best fairway I’ve gamed

I'm still deeply in love with these FWs....in fact, am strongly considering swapping out the 21 degree hybrid for the 7w..

I haven't posted about the Big Tour in a while. I have to admit it has grown on me and actually hitting it pretty well off the tee playing it at 14.5. I still rarely hit it off the deck or even had the need to but off the tee I'm pretty comfortable. Oddly enough I can get it out there pretty good with it being only about 30 yds shorter than driver. Off the deck I'd still rather hit the hybrid. The 2h still might be my sleeper favorite club in the bag this year.

time to talk a little bit about the speedzone tour 5w.

dude it still a tiny bugger.
As it is the only Cobra club in my bag currently, he and I are getting better acquainted quickly.
After a very inconsistent couple sessions making good face contact. I internet golfed it and checked the swing weight, D2, spot on to factory specs. Everything in my bag currently outside of driver is around D5.

Loaded him up with some tape and back out. Also went +1 to 18.5* loft for next couple sessions.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200830104455869_COVER.jpg

Much easier to find the face at the higher swing weight, not sure how much mental that is.
Surprisingly forgiving despite the small size. missed a few pretty high on the face and they still got out there decent. Still a nice fade bias on well struck shots.
Not sure if it was the added weight or the added loft but elevated much more as well.
Off the (tiny) tee, it's just a straight shooter. still maybe a bit longer than I expected or need. Probably 230 off the tee, 220 off the ground. curious how it's going to compare when the SZ 4h and SZ 4i get thrown in the mix.

time to talk a little bit about the speedzone tour 5w.

dude it still a tiny bugger.
As it is the only Cobra club in my bag currently, he and I are getting better acquainted quickly.
After a very inconsistent couple sessions making good face contact. I internet golfed it and checked the swing weight, D2, spot on to factory specs. Everything in my bag currently outside of driver is around D5.

Loaded him up with some tape and back out. Also went +1 to 18.5* loft for next couple sessions.
Much easier to find the face at the higher swing weight, not sure how much mental that is.
Surprisingly forgiving despite the small size. missed a few pretty high on the face and they still got out there decent. Still a nice fade bias on well struck shots.
Not sure if it was the added weight or the added loft but elevated much more as well.
Off the (tiny) tee, it's just a straight shooter. still maybe a bit longer than I expected or need. Probably 230 off the tee, 220 off the ground. curious how it's going to compare when the SZ 4h and SZ 4i get thrown in the mix.
Good thoughts. You can try the standard 5W when we get out to play and get s good comparison. Bring your own lead tape as mine is D2ish. :D

Good thoughts. You can try the standard 5W when we get out to play and get s good comparison. Bring your own lead tape as mine is D2ish. :D

I wonder if the counterbalance on the smoke yellow has something to do with that feeling as well.

I am loving the Big Tour 3W and have been playing it at 13.5 and having no issue elevating it. I use it off the turf or off the tee and it has been as advertised - easy to launch and low spin. Very stable club when paired with the Hzrdus Smoke Green. This has become a great club for me and I have zero hesitation pulling it out on a tight hole.

The standard 5W is long and has a definite draw bias to it. I strengthened the loft +1.5* to gap better with the Big Tour and have slowly gotten adjusted to using it. I have a few holes at my course that need a high draw to cut the corner and this has proven to be a great weapon for me. I am not seeing too much spin from it either and have been able to play it into the wind with predictable results.

I wonder if the counterbalance on the smoke yellow has something to do with that feeling as well.
Maybe so. You can try the smoke green and switch out shafts and see what works for you.

Back