Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

I wish I'd had these irons in Idaho, partner.

Seemingly effortless swings (i.e. not trying to kill the ball) going high, far, and straight. These have transformed my game in less than 2 months.
That's awesome. We (I) didn't play great but we had fun. Next time, Derby Duffers will be ready.

I'm waiting on my MCC+4 Cobra Connect grips to arrive so I can start playing mine.

Had a pretty good day with the irons today for the most part. Wouldn't say it was spectacular but I've definitely eliminated the right miss that had plagued me all last year. Now to just train myself to play for the slight draw that I'm seeing and I foresee my GIR going up pretty well. I've really got to do better on my par 3's. My word I can't hit a green to save anyone haha.... So some range time this week and maybe even sneak in some on the course time as well.

72 on Saturday @ Woodley Lakes

Best score yet with these irons. As well, I was using Todd Graves' One Plane Moe Norman swing for the first time ever on my driver only. Started like crap and just got better and better and BOMBS. Serious power and back friendly.

Couple this with these SUPERB irons, you cannot not-score. These irons are very workable for GI irons. They tend to fly high which is totally awesome for lobbing high towering short and mid irons over the mature trees. Lower shots require a little more work but it can be done.

Those trees "get out of jail" 6 iron low chip shots to 125 yards is ridiculously easy. I'd rather hit the SZ for this shot than my P790s.

The SZs do not dig either. Not surprising given the sole size. Not that I am a digger anyway, more of a picker but I can hit down if needs be. Compress the ball and you get your classic buttery feel at impact. If not, its not a soft feel but the ball will still fly. I said this from Day 1, these irons on mishits, still fly the distance but your ball ends up right or left of your target. That is just amazing and blows the P790 away in term of forgiveness.

Right now, with the rounds I've played, I'd say these are probably the most legit "players" GI best irons I've had in my hands. Also, distance is very consistent off the face. Zero hot spots, which can't be said of my P790s on occassions.

I thought I would throw this here:

This struck a chord with me. I very much felt like the P790s, like RS, great off the middle but if the lie is not great, you get punished. If your swing is not great, you get punished.

I just feel the Speedzone irons just fills that forgiveness factor in so very nicely - provided you can live with the size of the head.

Speaking of the size of the head, I don't think they look that chunky. Nor is the offset any issue. I use to have the Ping G25s and these SZ is very comparable but far more forgiving and longer.

Can't wait till the next round this Saturday, expectations are there and no more excuses for poor ball striking :sneaky:

Not liking the SZ 4i - I prefer the F9 - this one seems harsher and distance isn’t there for me.

Only 3 rounds but 😒 right now - pondering the FT utility as a replacement

Would love to give some feedback on the irons that I ordered two weeks ago...still says sent to warehouse.

Would love to give some feedback on the irons that I ordered two weeks ago...still says sent to warehouse.
You'll probably be getting them this next week then. Current CA rules are slowing everything down, a lot of us who have ordered during quarantine have seen about 3 weeks until shipment

Finally got my 4i with Catalyst 80 on the range today. I hit some absolute rockets! Great penetrating flight, but still some height to it. A few off the toe that lost distance, but were still straight overall. Excited to see how these help on the course on those tight par 4's!

You'll probably be getting them this next week then. Current CA rules are slowing everything down, a lot of us who have ordered during quarantine have seen about 3 weeks until shipment
hopefully I get them before I leave for my trip on the 7th.

Thanks for mentioning the four iron graphite it paid for itself this weekend on a long par three in a tournament and use it for a few other shots it was what I needed and never knew it thanks

Got home pretty late last evening so haven't had a chance to post due to varying extenuating circumstances, but played yesterday and while it wasn't a great round by any means from my part, the irons perform when struck well. I unfortunately didn't strike many shots well on the front 9. Back 9 things turned around and I played really well. The "$hanks" I was experiencing on the front 9 were gone and man, they feel solid when I do my part.

Still absolutely ecstatic that I went full OL throughout the bag. Gapping going exactly like I had hoped for and no real complaints as it stands right now. PW/GW are probably my two go to clubs that I will ensure if I'm laying up that I'm inside those numbers. Any questions please ask away.

Called today and said they were in production. But then said they’d most likely have a shipping notice today or by Thursday...seems like an awfully large window for 5 clubs. Also does it make sense that they couldn’t alter the shipping plans without taking them out of production?

Today was probably the best that I’ve hit my irons since I received them. Felt extremely confident over the ball today and no $hanks!! (Had a small case my last round)

116995F0-55A3-451A-8A25-CA8C736E14EA.jpeg

Today was probably the best that I’ve hit my irons since I received them.

That is such a nice thing to read. Keep it up!

Got my 4i out on the course today. Teed off a couple times, and found the fairway 3 of 4 tee shots, with a long shot of 226. My driver abandoned me, so this was a welcome relief. I'll take 220 yards down the middle each time on tight fairways!

I hit some ugly shots on vacation earlier this week, but the 7-iron may be becoming my favorite club again.

Finally got to play a round with my Speedzone Irons and it was like I had been playing them for months. I'm like how much higher I hit them, that could be the shaft.
They feel so good on well struck shots and still perform on not so well struck shots. Ball just jumps off the face. Looking forward to playing them more and more.
Once I get some data from a few rounds, I will compare them to my JPX900's which has been my favorite set of irons I have owned. Will be interesting.

Speaking of not getting penalized...

One shot, I had 131 to the pin. Choked down a 9 iron and swung and the ball flew to the right, felt like a push but pin high, just off the right side green.

I started to clean the face of my 9 iron and I saw the red line on the face that came off my ball. Sitting on the toe side EDGE, right on the chrome.

I could not believe I got away with that shot. That was just a RIDICULOUS display of forgiveness of ANY IRON I have ever played.

Shot 2 under today, unbelievable round. Long irons are SOLID especially the 4 iron. Ridiculous :cool:

Yet another solid showing for the SZ OL set today. It was a bit odd, that I missed the green on all par 3’s but still managed to hit as many greens as I did.

6D961FE8-D074-4F2C-8EC4-C8A920CBE46A.jpeg
Said in the driver thread that there was a pretty surprising headwind that popped up out of nowhere and can say without a doubt that it hurt me on 5 out of the 6 short ones above.

Also the OL SW may be my new favorite iron of the bunch. Thing was $$ today when I pulled it.

having a blast with the clubs!

My weekend round was filled with brutal bounces, and flat out inconsistent iron play. The course we played was rock hard, so I did my best to play short of the green and try to let it bounce on as the greens were not receptive at all. (Found that out after the first hole where I hit a solid 5i that bounced on the front edge and proceeded to hit like concrete an additional 20 yards over the green).

Overall still extremely happy with my iron selection throughout the bag, just unhappy with my own consistency. I've not been able to play nearly as much as I would have liked this year due to a myriad of things, but know the SZ OL will be in my bag for quite some time.

I have a set of SZ’s on the way...so easy to hit!!
I have used the 4 Iron as my driving iron for a while with a UST 95 and the feel, distance, accuracy is all there. Tried to make the Forged Tec work ....too inconsistent and looked closed to my eye. SZ’s looked more open at address...this technically speaking may not be the case but to my eye set up much better. The feel on almost all shots is really nice!!

Last edited:
I have had both very good performance and bad performance with the Speedzone irons. Bad performances are certainly not the clubs fault, that is user error. I get pretty chunky sometimes with them. Especially on fairways I seem to hit fat shots pretty often. Need to work on this for sure.

When I make good contact, I am hitting these very long. Tee'd off on a 140 yard par 3 yesterday and made great contact and flew over the green and ended up at 176 yards and don't on edge of out of out of bounds area :ROFLMAO:

I love my new irons. I’ve even been contemplating pulling two of my hybrids and replacing them with one or two irons. I know the lofts are stronger so I was going to be picking up distance already, but I’ve picked up even more distance on top of that. What I’ve been doing is taking one club to the range and just hitting 30-60balls with just the one club to get them grooved. Really excited that I went with the cobra connect and they’re sending me extra sensors free to complete my bag.

I love this 4 iron so damn much.

Crazy easy to hit with a smooth simple swing. Forgiving enough that my distance isn't overly damaged on less than perfect. Mid'ish flight with the Rogue shaft combo. It's just basically easy mode off tighter par 4's.

Back