Having played the OL set for a while now, I can say that they absolutely nailed it. The sound, feel and look are absolutely what I was hoping to see and Cobra delivered.

Where it really delivered however was getting the ball flight right. I am seeing 10-12 yard gaps from 5 iron through AW and launch angle and peak height is what I traditionally see out of variable length.
Sounds like a great package where all the senses can align when you hit the ball to create a very satisfying experience.

haha, what do you mean?
He seems like the biggest OL hater on the planet haha. Obviously you'd never get to his level because you recognize it does actually help people and isn't a fad

He seems like the biggest OL hater on the planet haha. Obviously you'd never get to his level because you recognize it does actually help people and isn't a fad
I don't hate it, I love it. To me, Bryson bringing OL to the masses is a wonderful thing.

That said, I do enjoy joking about it as it relates to my game - as I have no plans of departing from variable length - personal choice of course.

Awesome review, James, as always!

These are more appealing to me than the Speedzone. Lots of great tech in them. Maybe time to give OL a try???? :unsure:
I'm in if you're in. 🤷‍♂️

I'm probably headed that way, too. Black OL? Oh yeah! It's a good thing my last 2 sets of irons were part of THP Experiences.

I don't hate it, I love it. To me, Bryson bringing OL to the masses is a wonderful thing.

That said, I do enjoy joking about it as it relates to my game - as I have no plans of departing from variable length - personal choice of course.
haha yes exactly. You are joking and I can appreciate that

I guess it depends where on the sole. Part chrome with some satin.
These are all satin as they do not feature that "bulge".

Nice. The goiter never bothered me on the old ones but these do look cleaner imo.
The shape reminds me alot of last year's Fmax iron. Pretty conventional with just a little added girth to help golfers out.

Well I'm blown away by the looks of the irons and disappointed by the looks of the woods. Probably makes me weird.

I do like all the tech possibilities here. I thought I had my 2021 iron choices settled, but Cobra has thrown a wrench into the works. These things, especially in the Black PVD, will look mean.

These just look so good. The SZ irons turned me off a bit visually, just a bit too chunky looking at address but these look like they could be the perfect compromise. Much thinner topline and the sole is definitely a winner. And that black!! Yeeeeeeees!! And that's just the looks..

Love that the weighting is adjustable to really dial in the fitting, and am strongly considering VL from 7-PW and the OL in the 5 and 6i.

This is exciting.
Well since you have Forged Tecs, you leaning something exotic - maybe these in OL for 2021 MC?

Lots of interesting technology in these! The 3D printed Medallion seems interesting to me. I wonder if with a custom set you could customize the color of that. The green is the one thing that I'm not a fan of in these.
Thats your redraider speaking ;)

I told @OITW that it would take something really special from Cobra for me to move away from OL Forged Tec and I was hoping to play my set until at least 2022. The OL version in these sound pretty gosh darn special and I will definitely give them a look in the spring. Man, I really love the OL FT but this release is exciting!

OMG! 3D Printing on irons 👀 a black option? Holy ****!

Oh and solid review as usual @Jman

I told @OITW that it would take something really special from Cobra for me to move away from OL Forged Tec and I was hoping to play my set until at least 2022. The OL version in these sound pretty gosh darn special and I will definitely give them a look in the spring. Man, I really love the OL FT but this release is exciting!

I wasn't playing OL in the Forged Tec, but was playing those irons for much of the year. As soon as I took a few swings with these, I knew they were going to replace them.

Great write up @Jman

This is what I have been waiting to see. I am super interested in this release. Can't wait to get some feedback on having these in play.

Yags really had me interested in the Speedzone irons and reading how much more visually appealing these are along with the tech has caught my eye. I do wonder how I’d like the top line but if I hit them great then I’m sure I’d do just fine.

I wasn't playing OL in the Forged Tec, but was playing those irons for much of the year. As soon as I took a few swings with these, I knew they were going to replace them.

Does this iron feel better than the ForgedTEC?

The lofts seem really strong but I guess if the numbers work then who really cares!

Yags really had me interested in the Speedzone irons and reading how much more visually appealing these are along with the tech has caught my eye. I do wonder how I’d like the top line but if I hit them great then I’m sure I’d do just fine.

@JDax has played 3 rounds with my set in the Tech Studio and said they feel and sound great.
When I asked him to choose a set of Cobra irons right now, he said "Probably Forged TEC OL, because Im vain".

I appreciated his honesty and don't say that as a knock or a joke. I actually think these feel better, but everybody is different.

Does this iron feel better than the ForgedTEC?

The lofts seem really strong but I guess if the numbers work then who really cares!

Depends who you ask as that part is super subjective. They feel different though, not from irons everywhere, but from the Forged TEC iron, it has a little bit of a different more dense sound to me.

Kind of hard to tell by looking at the pictures, but do these still have that bulge, hump or whatever you call it on the sole?

@JDax has played 3 rounds with my set in the Tech Studio and said they feel and sound great.
When I asked him to choose a set of Cobra irons right now, he said "Probably Forged TEC OL, because Im vain".

I appreciated his honesty and don't say that as a knock or a joke. I actually think these feel better, but everybody is different.

Depends who you ask as that part is super subjective. They feel different though, not from irons everywhere, but from the Forged TEC iron, it has a little bit of a different more dense sound to me.

I know you and @Canadan were talking in the podcast about how long they may stay in the bag. Still planning on relying on them all year? The performance seems exactly where anyone would want it spot on; will they fend off other options?

I dealt with the top line concern earlier this year when I was going through my iron selection. Although I ended up not selecting the Speedzones, it wasn’t because of the top line. I had hit the Speedzone irons several times and, to be honest, I wasn’t aware of the top line once I addressed the ball.

Can't wait to see the custom shaft options...

These look really good and I'm glad to see Cobra continue with the one length option! With the praise that JB has been giving the one length RAD irons no one should sleep on them!!

Back