I'm sure we all have some of those moments along the way

Love my coffee. Drink only Full Vengeance from Roasterie, local KC air roasted beans. Buy whole beans and grind as I need. Little milk and some splenda(switched from sugar recently due to diabetes). Morning ritual every workday.

http://www.theroasterie.com/

Everyone in Portland raves about www.stumptowncoffee.com , I have never had it but I am told once you do, you'll never drink any other coffee again. It's pretty expensive though, $15-20/lb.

I have gone beyond the boutique coffees and now just buy bulk at Costco. Usually from Costa Rica or Sumatra, Dark roast please.

My name is Duey and I love my coffee. I've had some really solid special blends and such, but a simple black coffee with nothing added is what I'm after. My machine is nothing fancy, makes a standard pot rather than the small individual cup and is getting pretty old and will be the first thing we replace once we're back going good so I have a few questions.

Mainly, why go the individual cup route? I make like eight cup's every morning which translates into around 4 of my large coffee cups. I generally have my coffee brewing while I'm cleaning up so I can flip on the news and laptop to get my THP on. Isn't it a pain to make each cup at a time? Are they that much better than just a full pot sitting on a warmer?

I did come across this machine and wandered if anyone else has ever used one? Again, not sure about the one at a time packets, but this looks like it does a lot of different things. Anyone know if it can just brew a black cup as well so Liz could have her creamy what-ever and I could have it black?

Duey, I have both a regular coffe maker and a Kuereg coffee maker. The convenience of have a full pot goes without saying but the versatilty of the single cup is great. I think the coffee is good and some are incredible.
The key for me is that the wife lives her ice coffees, teas, chi latte and other warm frothy things. It's worth the investment to get a one cupper

Thanks Tad. I forgot to supply the link I found to a neat little machine, will do tomorrow. We have a tea machine for Liz and a coffee for me, one like you mention would be great for her tea and the occasional one cup for me. Thanks for the info.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I drink plain black coffee. I do not like the fancy flavored coffees but my wife does. So we compromise...and I drink whatever she buys.:drinks:

I drink plain black coffee. I do not like the fancy flavored coffees but my wife does. So we compromise...and I drink whatever she buys.:drinks:

Haha sounds like the kind of compromises I make

Right now I am having a cup of hot, black coffee. Folger's right now, maybe a cup of Kona later.

Mocha Sumatra for me this wonderful am!

My name is Duey and I love my coffee. I've had some really solid special blends and such, but a simple black coffee with nothing added is what I'm after. My machine is nothing fancy, makes a standard pot rather than the small individual cup and is getting pretty old and will be the first thing we replace once we're back going good so I have a few questions.

Mainly, why go the individual cup route? I make like eight cup's every morning which translates into around 4 of my large coffee cups. I generally have my coffee brewing while I'm cleaning up so I can flip on the news and laptop to get my THP on. Isn't it a pain to make each cup at a time? Are they that much better than just a full pot sitting on a warmer?

I did come across this machine and wandered if anyone else has ever used one? Again, not sure about the one at a time packets, but this looks like it does a lot of different things. Anyone know if it can just brew a black cup as well so Liz could have her creamy what-ever and I could have it black?

I have one of those Cuisinart that grinds the beans. I get the 2 pound bag of Starbucks at Cosco and make 9 cups, that translates to about 5 real cups. I make a pot every morning and it lasts me most of the day.

We have a single cup brewer also by Kuerig but find it a pain to use everytime I want a cup. You can buy all sorts of blends for it. You fill the water section and turn it on when its heated you put in one of the cups closing the lid punctures the container and hit the button makes a cup of coffee. There's no mess, when you want another cup just replace the container and repeat. You can change blends, make tea or hot chocolate also.

I have one of those Cuisinart that grinds the beans. I get the 2 pound bag of Starbucks at Cosco and make 9 cups, that translates to about 5 real cups. I make a pot every morning and it lasts me most of the day.

We have a single cup brewer also by Kuerig but find it a pain to use everytime I want a cup. You can buy all sorts of blends for it. You fill the water section and turn it on when its heated you put in one of the cups closing the lid punctures the container and hit the button makes a cup of coffee. There's no mess, when you want another cup just replace the container and repeat. You can change blends, make tea or hot chocolate also.

Great info. Here's the link I had meant to post earlier. Others have posted about the Kuerig and another machine as being the best and likely what we will consider, but I have my doubts I would use it that much.

http://www.dolce-gusto.us/Public/Default.aspx

I also have the cuisinart machine and love everything about it except the most important part, it just don't keep my coffee hot long enough. I got it because it has the stainless pot thinking it would really keep things hot longer, but with no heating unit under the pot it only stays HOT a short time. I switched to bottled water in mine and makes a ton of difference in the taste.

BrewCentralCoffeemaker.jpg

Great info. Here's the link I had meant to post earlier. Others have posted about the Kuerig and another machine as being the best and likely what we will consider, but I have my doubts I would use it that much.

http://www.dolce-gusto.us/Public/Default.aspx

I also have the cuisinart machine and love everything about it except the most important part, it just don't keep my coffee hot long enough. I got it because it has the stainless pot thinking it would really keep things hot longer, but with no heating unit under the pot it only stays HOT a short time. I switched to bottled water in mine and makes a ton of difference in the taste.

BrewCentralCoffeemaker.jpg

I've never seen the machine on the link. The Kuerig has a hugh selection of drinks which is probably why its so popular.

Our pot has a hot plate that stays hot for 2 hours.

We use filtered water, we have a Brita water container (don't know what to call it) fill the top portion and it filters the water to the bottom. You change the filter every so often.

Thanks Mike. Been looking at an undersink filter, our water here could really stand it. We didn't realize until getting home that this unit didn't have a burner, lol. The coffee machine does have a charcoal filter in it, but I kind of doubt that does much. I like the idea of a machine like you have for tea and hot chocolate.

Getting ready to have some fresh ground Brother's Hawaiian Blend

For Christmas Morning I went with a Peaberry blend (I really like most peaberries). I had just a few ounces left of a single estate peaberry from Kenya, so I added in a Sumatra Tarbarita Peaberry that is quite enjoyable. Roasted them together last night just to the brink of second crack. The Kenyan is rather fruity, while the Sumatra is rustic and syrupy, so I had my doubts on this one.....but it is magnicificent.

I love our Keurig and I really like using the My K Cup feature. Our Elite crapped out on us yesterday morning. It turns on, wants to brew but we cannot get the lid closed. We are in mourning.

Alex

We found that most coffee makers with a glass pot do not keep the coffee warm long enough or with a warmer they tend to change the flavor of the coffee after it sits for awhile. We went with a Cuisinart Thermal 10-cup maker. The thermal pot does not need a warmer and keep the coffee warm for a long time.
p90338b.jpg

:drinks:

We found that most coffee makers with a glass pot do not keep the coffee warm long enough or with a warmer they tend to change the flavor of the coffee after it sits for awhile. We went with a Cuisinart Thermal 10-cup maker. The thermal pot does not need a warmer and keep the coffee warm for a long time.
p90338b.jpg

:drinks:

That's what I have, just a different model, (see above). I have that same thermal stainless pot and by the last cup or two its not hot enough for me. It is pretty nice to be able to take the pot with me to what ever room I'm working in and have it close, I need one of those small plug in warmers to sit it on.

Got my sister a pound of Kona coffee. It's quite delicious.

Cafe Mocha from Mc Cafe. Our Keurig went kaputski but I went out and grabbed a new one... Platinum Edition for $149.

Alex

Got my sister a pound of Kona coffee. It's quite delicious.

Love Kona, I brought back a pound and a half from our recent trip to the islands.

Love Kona, I brought back a pound and a half from our recent trip to the islands.

Wait, you won't spend money on overpriced Epon Irons, but you will buy Kona coffee???? :)

Just kidding, although I do place Kona in kind of the same category. Sure, its good coffee, but it isn't really 3 or 4 times better than a lot of other premium beans out there. Same goes for Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Wait, you won't spend money on overpriced Epon Irons, but you will buy Kona coffee???? :)

Just kidding, although I do place Kona in kind of the same category. Sure, its good coffee, but it isn't really 3 or 4 times better than a lot of other premium beans out there. Same goes for Jamaican Blue Mountain.

I can get the Kona coffee at BJ's for a pretty good price for a 3lb bag.

Back