Coffee Drinkers Unite

I would love to grind fresh beans daily.
Coffee is really delicious that way.

That's also work, and I'm retired from work.
Thus, Dunkin Donuts K-cups at home, .
and whatever they serve at the course.

I would love to grind fresh beans daily.
Coffee is really delicious that way.

That's also work, and I'm retired from work.
Thus, Dunkin Donuts K-cups.
Our machine does that before it makes the cup. Its a press of the button and then wait for coffee.
There are a number of machines that do that now. Makes a good cup.

Alright, time to jump into this thread.

First and foremost, I do not drink coffee. Not a fan of the taste really at all. Plus my wife said she would not be able to handle me if I was hopped up on caffeine.

However, I do really really love the smell of coffee, and that works out because my wife LOVES coffee.
She had been going to Starbucks or, mostly, Heine Bros. for a drink before work each morning. We have a single cup keurig machine, and a French press at home, but not really what my wife is really into.

So we recently bought a Breville Barista Express machine for her to get her espresso/coffee fix on.
Since then I’ve become a pretty good barista (by my/her standard). I make her a drink at least daily, and have really enjoyed it. Playing with different beans, grind sizes, etc… The machine is pretty good, certainly some of the more expensive models would have better features and options, but I think we’re pretty happy with this as our first entry into the espresso world.

So I have opened up a little shop in our kitchen named Neil’s Coffee Corner where I prepare drinks (her family visits and places orders occasionally as well), and I even set up a little tip jar to really get into the spirit.

Her favorite drink that I make right now is what I have named the HoneyBean.
basically a Flat White with a tablespoon of local honey, and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon.

Alright, time to jump into this thread.

First and foremost, I do not drink coffee. Not a fan of the taste really at all. Plus my wife said she would not be able to handle me if I was hopped up on caffeine.

However, I do really really love the smell of coffee, and that works out because my wife LOVES coffee.
She had been going to Starbucks or, mostly, Heine Bros. for a drink before work each morning. We have a single cup keurig machine, and a French press at home, but not really what my wife is really into.

So we recently bought a Breville Barista Express machine for her to get her espresso/coffee fix on.
Since then I’ve become a pretty good barista (by my/her standard). I make her a drink at least daily, and have really enjoyed it. Playing with different beans, grind sizes, etc… The machine is pretty good, certainly some of the more expensive models would have better features and options, but I think we’re pretty happy with this as our first entry into the espresso world.

So I have opened up a little shop in our kitchen named Neil’s Coffee Corner where I prepare drinks (her family visits and places orders occasionally as well), and I even set up a little tip jar to really get into the spirit.

Her favorite drink that I make right now is what I have named the HoneyBean.
basically a Flat White with a tablespoon of local honey, and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon.

Love that you added a tip jar, that’s brilliant!

Tip Jar - great idea! I need to get a return on my investment in equipment and coffeeducation.

Damn I just had my first cup of coffee since Tuesday!!! It was airport coffee but tasted so good! 🤣

I’m so jealous right now
What the airport coffee didn’t have a fascinating taste or aroma?

…and I’m jealous as well.

What the airport coffee didn’t have a fascinating taste or aroma?

…and I’m jealous as well.
I didn’t get any…haha. But still jealous of our home brew

I picked up some peppermint creamer at Publix the other day so I’ll be switching to a peppermint latte soon.
Oh come on! Stop it!!

Just regular black coffee in one of my favorite mug

01AC296A-5E11-4809-9AEE-433C8EB19F65.jpeg

Anyone have Recommendations on a decent burr grinder that does finer espresso grinds well? Really nothing too high end, just dabbling in this little hobby

Give me all of the coffee today and inject it right into my veins.

Way too much to do and too little time to do it.

I work from home and had a late night last night with school. So I'm double fisting some coffee from my 2 favorite mugs. Caramel Vanilla cream k-cup with a splash of pumpkin spice creamer in one and the other Caramel Vanilla cream k-cup and it just might have......

Hahaha!

Attachments

• 20211103_060700.jpg
    20211103_060700.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211103_060637.jpg
    20211103_060637.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4
Need it!!!!

5A964073-EE16-423F-9B20-172DB2B9480B.gif

I just stumbled upon a coffee shop in town that deals in exotic beans - some with hints of "mandarin orange, cherry candy and white wine" or maybe notes of "Apple and rolled chocolate wafer cookie". I need to go there.

Back