Colorado Members thread

redneckwop

3G - God - golf - guns
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
CO high
Since we are getting more members from CO, I figured we should have our own thread so we can try to meet up & play sometime.
As for me, I'm on the west slope in the Fruita / Grand Jct. area, how about you?

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@SouthernShred is a good friend who recently moved there. Lives on one of the courses there too!

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
There's a Denver thread here I believe. Calling @J4U @milehighgolfer @kc720 who else have I forgotten? This whole winter off season is a new experience for me. Hopefully I remember how to swing a club when the snow melts.

SouthernShred

Reaction score
Handicap
Awesome idea!! Now we just need the snow to stop and the sun to thaw out the courses!
LOL you're in HR? I live on the 3rd hole of HRGC

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
Indeed there is:

Odd winter with all the snow staying, haven't even been to the range. Looking forward to coming out if hibernation!

Last edited:

SouthernShred

Reaction score
Handicap
Indeed there is:
I went once a few weeks ago and then it dropped to 3* and dropped 8" of snow the next day. Haven't played a round since first of October.

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
I went once a few weeks ago and then it dropped to 3* and dropped 8" of snow the next day. Haven't played a round since first of October.
Even the heated outdoor range has been closed for a while. That's never happened.

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There's a Denver thread here I believe. Calling @J4U @milehighgolfer @kc720 who else have I forgotten? This whole winter off season is a new experience for me. Hopefully I remember how to swing a club when the snow melts.
This thread is still buried under several inches of snow. Spring is around the corner.

B-Mc

Reaction score
Handicap
LOL you're in HR? I live on the 3rd hole of HRGC
Yeah... I was following your house-shopping posts but never figured out where you ended up. Didn’t you come from TX? I came from DFW about 1.5 years ago.

I’m basically at Highlands Ranch Parkway and University.

I played 3 times in January...couldn’t even get to a range in Feb... luckily my neighbor has a sim set up in his garage ??

Reactions: J4U

redneckwop

3G - God - golf - guns
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
CO high
This thread is still buried under several inches of snow. Spring is around the corner.
Well that explains why I couldn't find it.? At least now there is a THP'er on the other side of the mountain. :rockon:

SouthernShred

Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah... I was following your house-shopping posts but never figured out where you ended up. Didn’t you come from TX? I came from DFW about 1.5 years ago.

I’m basically at Highlands Ranch Parkway and University.

I played 3 times in January...couldn’t even get to a range in Feb... luckily my neighbor has a sim set up in his garage ??
Came from Atlanta.
My next door neighbor has a sim too, but he won’t give me a key to his house...hehe.

Have you ever used the sim at the Northridge rec center?

B-Mc

Reaction score
Handicap
Came from Atlanta.
My next door neighbor has a sim too, but he won’t give me a key to his house...hehe.

Have you ever used the sim at the Northridge rec center?
Once... it’s pretty good... they were going to have a league but didn’t get enough interest

ddstanford

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm up in Estes Park if anyone ever gets a hankering to play up here. Looks like the season is far away with the cold snowy winter we've had so far. Anyone ever play in the Broadmoor Invitational? Sounds like a great event.

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
I'm up in Estes Park if anyone ever gets a hankering to play up here. Looks like the season is far away with the cold snowy winter we've had so far. Anyone ever play in the Broadmoor Invitational? Sounds like a great event.
Tera and I actually did a weekend getaway a few years ago up there at a B&B. Was a great time and enjoy visiting there. Played golf on the full course and got to play free on the 9 hole in town as they were working on several holes we couldn't play. Elk were all around us. Will have to try and find that picture.

We were just talking about doing it again this year. Will do the Broadmore one if these years or just a staycation to olay it. A bit expensive.

Attachments

Last edited:

ddstanford

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tera and I actually did a weekend getaway a few years ago up there at a B&B. Was a great time and enjoy visiting there. Played golf on the full course and got to play free on the 9 hole in town as they were working on several holes we couldn't play. Elk were all around us. Will have to try and find that picture.

We were just talking about doing it again this year. Will do the Broadmore one if these years or just a staycation to olay it. A bit expensive.
Let me know when you are coming up and we will schedule a golf date.

Reactions: J4U

Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20ish
My daughter moved to Denver area in June, so I could see myself being available for some Denver area golf in the future.

T0AD

2020 ups to 2021 downs
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Shred, dude, didn't know you moved. As for golf there, I'll be there from 1-6 April. Hoping the weather will be good by then. Was told by a bud that went to the Academy to just play there (I'll be in Manitou Springs). I only get one day of golf though, but would love to mix it up with some THPrs.

B-Mc

Reaction score
Handicap
The way things have been going, planning to play in the Springs will be a lot more reliable. The snow gets off the courses a lot faster. A few of my rounds this year have been down there.

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hubris
miss Colorado...played a few courses while we lived there. can't remember which ones...played the sanctuary twice (only course I can remember)

SouthernShred

Reaction score
Handicap
If the weather keeps melting the snow off the course, you guys are welcome to meet up here and play soon. I haven’t played in months, but I’d be glad to get out and shank some balls

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in