Colorado Members thread

Location/course requests?

Redhawk and Plum Creek are both good locations for gatherings. Fox Hollow is a good course, no matter which 18 you play.

There are less expensive options of course...

Early May works for me. Wrestling tournaments are nearly every Saturday, but the kid is old enough that he doesn't need me at every one of them anymore. Weekdays can be done with a little notice.

This just went up for grabs this morning and if any TPC folks sign up, please include me in your 4some if you are not complete. I signed up today as I always wanted to play at the club my Grandfather played before I was born: https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/3460718

I know it’s a long shot but what are the odds of someone being a member at Ballyneal? Work changed up my schedule for travel so I’m trying to revise my golf road trip in a more direct route home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else losing 60 degrees and adding 24" of snow in the next 48 hours!?

4-10" possible here in Centennial. I cancelled tomorrow's round at Plum Creek. Springtime in Colorado, yay...

Yeah... wondering how my plants will fair... tulips and other early flowering stuff already hit, so not too worried about those. The lily's might take a hit though.

I think our tree out front has figured this out. Always the last around to leaf out, buds just started this week. So thankful I won't have to go out and shake the tree🤪

Yeah... wondering how my plants will fair... tulips and other early flowering stuff already hit, so not too worried about those. The lily's might take a hit though.
Yup, so glad the wife procrastinated going shopping for plants. After my next trip I won't be so lucky.

I know it’s a long shot but what are the odds of someone being a member at Ballyneal? Work changed up my schedule for travel so I’m trying to revise my golf road trip in a more direct route home.

Used to and got to play 36 glorious holes in one day up there. He is no longer here I don't think.

Yup, so glad the wife procrastinated going shopping for plants. After my next trip I won't be so lucky.

Nothing new yet this year... we did hold off on the stuff that goes in the planter boxes. I've got a flower bed with probably 40 lily plants that keep coming back though, they're getting tall but no flower buds yet. That should be my saving grace!

Reactions: J4U
Used to and got to play 36 glorious holes in one day up there. He is no longer here I don't think.

That would be have been awesome. Yeah a lot of courses are pretty accommodating with me be a CC in member just asking for my pro to send over an email. They were like it’s a hard no . So hopefully the stars align at some point.

we have the wind so far, unsure of how much we will get up here in Thornton but, like all late spring storms, it could nothing or major so get the coin out!

we have the wind so far, unsure of how much we will get up here in Thornton but, like all late spring storms, it could nothing or major so get the coin out!
I'm for letting them get paid big bucks to be wrong?

Of course I winterized the snow blower a couple weeks ago🤪

The cold front hit the house 45 minutes ago. The temp dropped 20 degrees or so.

Hello everyone, I'll be in denver september 28th and 29th if anyone wants to play fossil trace or arrowhead or have any suggestions for something cooler? And then maybe try and fit the par three at proving grounds in.

Played Ptarmigan a few weeks back for the University of Wyoming's Cowboy Joe Club tournament, and then just played Highland Meadows yesterday - and I love 'em both! Highland Meadows might have the slight edge! Loved the uniqueness and layout of those holes, bunkers on bunkers on bunkers, sneaky water, and those undulating/slopey/quick greens. Place was in great shape, too.

Couldn't hit my driver to save my life, but still scored well and was pleased with how I played for the most part. Was wondering if there was a tournament the day before because some of those pins were toughhh.

Have some buddies visiting in August and we were going to play a round in Denver once they fly into DIA - what would you guys recommend between CommonGround, Buffalo Run, or Green Valley Ranch?

Played TPC Colorado today. Man what a FUN course!!! It did not feel like 7500 yards except on a few holes. Tricky greens and pot bunkers that remind me of what I see on TV this week. I give the course two thumbs up....... the food.. well that is a different story. haha

Played Ptarmigan a few weeks back for the University of Wyoming's Cowboy Joe Club tournament, and then just played Highland Meadows yesterday - and I love 'em both! Highland Meadows might have the slight edge! Loved the uniqueness and layout of those holes, bunkers on bunkers on bunkers, sneaky water, and those undulating/slopey/quick greens. Place was in great shape, too.

Couldn't hit my driver to save my life, but still scored well and was pleased with how I played for the most part. Was wondering if there was a tournament the day before because some of those pins were toughhh.

Have some buddies visiting in August and we were going to play a round in Denver once they fly into DIA - what would you guys recommend between CommonGround, Buffalo Run, or Green Valley Ranch?
Of the 3, CommonGround is the most flat and boring. GVR is longer and has a bunch of fun holes and closest to airport. Buffalo Run is a little more troublesome on mis-hits, but also a fun one.

Common Ground is the only one I would walk, but wouldn't want to play it just visiting. Is the easier on swings being a little off.

Todd Creek is close to GVR and BR and can be the longest if that's what you want. Don't walk that one either. Most affected by wind.

Played TPC Colorado today. Man what a FUN course!!! It did not feel like 7500 yards except on a few holes. Tricky greens and pot bunkers that remind me of what I see on TV this week. I give the course two thumbs up....... the food.. well that is a different story. haha
It is a fun course! Haven't played it in a long time as it's a ways up there for me.

Hello everyone, I'll be in denver september 28th and 29th if anyone wants to play fossil trace or arrowhead or have any suggestions for something cooler? And then maybe try and fit the par three at proving grounds in.
Check for specials before heading out. They are very proud and let you know it. Arrowhead is beautiful! Fossil Trace is more of a full size putt putt course. Lots of objects in the middle of Fairways and the greens are fun? Cool fossil holes to explore.

Both are very scenic for a trip here.

Of the 3, CommonGround is the most flat and boring. GVR is longer and has a bunch of fun holes and closest to airport. Buffalo Run is a little more troublesome on mis-hits, but also a fun one.

Common Ground is the only one I would walk, but wouldn't want to play it just visiting. Is the easier on swings being a little off.

Todd Creek is close to GVR and BR and can be the longest if that's what you want. Don't walk that one either. Most affected by wind.
Awesome. Thanks for your feedback on this - looking forward to it!

• Appreciation
Back