Colorado Members thread

Met up with @J4U and played 4 Mile down near Canon City today. Thanks for making the trek @J4U! I had a blast, and looking forward to getting out again.

This was the first round I've played with anyone from the forum... looking forward to more!
What a beautiful day and great company! Was a blast and glad I made the drive!

As mentioned in my post from last September I’m new to Colorado. Played Fox Hollow today; the Links and Canyons. What a great course and $59 including a cart is a screaming bargain for a course of this caliber. Looking forward to getting out there and trying a variety of great courses this summer. Was thinking about joining a private club but the public courses out here are incredibly beautiful and challenging. Can’t justify the gargantuan initiation fees and dues when such great public golf is in such abundance. Would love to meet up with some members out here this summer.

As mentioned in my post from last September I’m new to Colorado. Played Fox Hollow today; the Links and Canyons. What a great course and $59 including a cart is a screaming bargain for a course of this caliber. Looking forward to getting out there and trying a variety of great courses this summer. Was thinking about joining a private club but the public courses out here are incredibly beautiful and challenging. Can’t justify the gargantuan initiation fees and dues when such great public golf is in such abundance. Would love to meet up with some members out here this summer.
That is a fun course. Great combo as well. The meadow's third is a bit less challenging when paired with one of the others. They were reconstructing the "canyon" hole last time I played there and can't wait to see it. Always interested in meeting THPr's so post up or PM.

You are correct in that there are a ton of beautiful courses around here. Agree with you on the private options out here, just crazy!

Decided on a central/western nebraska trip, just couldn't find a round to pair with my wildhorse round so I did the math and now I'm playing commongrounds in two weeks. Excited, its been on my list for some time now. Only downside is I'm outside the window in which it says caddies are available.

Decided on a central/western nebraska trip, just couldn't find a round to pair with my wildhorse round so I did the math and now I'm playing commongrounds in two weeks. Excited, its been on my list for some time now. Only downside is I'm outside the window in which it says caddies are available.
Caddies really aren't necessary there unless you just want to support the program. Course is pretty straight forward and can find your way around easily with GPS app or RF for landing areas or hazards. Greens aren't to terrible to read either.

I think the pro shop closed to remodel and will be in a temp trailer/structure. If I'm around and tee times in your slot are open, I can come play and help out. Better options out there for visiting the area for golf imo though.

Caddies really aren't necessary there unless you just want to support the program. Course is pretty straight forward and can find your way around easily with GPS app or RF for landing areas or hazards. Greens aren't to terrible to read either.

I think the pro shop closed to remodel and will be in a temp trailer/structure. If I'm around and tee times in your slot are open, I can come play and help out. Better options out there for visiting the area for golf imo though.
I’ve just never taken a caddie, thought it would be fun.

I’ve played Bear Dance, plum Creek, Estes park 9&18, and kissing Camels in Colorado. I was planning on the Raven but the price tag didn’t fit the trip. Plus at common grounds I’m able to get out at 640 am so I can drive back to Omaha afterwards. May 9th if you want too.

• On Fire
Reactions: J4U

I’ve played Bear Dance, plum Creek, Estes park 9&18, and kissing Camels in Colorado. I was planning on the Raven but the price tag didn’t fit the trip. Plus at common grounds I’m able to get out at 640 am so I can drive back to Omaha afterwards. May 9th if you want too.
Will check tomorrow!

Just booked to join you this morning. See you on the 9th!

Just booked to join you this morning. See you on the 9th!
sweet, just a heads up though, I've been nursing a golfers elbow so my mechanics might be a little off. But i feel like I'm still a fun 18.

sweet, just a heads up though, I've been nursing a golfers elbow so my mechanics might be a little off. But i feel like I'm still a fun 18.
I'll one up you with only 2nd round this year and surgery on the face! No it wasn't plastic surgery, but many would hope:ROFLMAO:. Plus we both get to use the one about just getting up and no range time or warmups being a 6:40 tee time!

Haha, it's all good! It's about the enjoyment and look forward to teeing it up with you. Will probably walk with my AV2, have an extra cart if you wan't me to bring it (CG8.0). If your riding no big deal will have it just in case.

I'll one up you with only 2nd round this year and surgery on the face! No it wasn't plastic surgery, but many would hope:ROFLMAO:. Plus we both get to use the one about just getting up and no range time or warmups being a 6:40 tee time!

Haha, it's all good! It's about the enjoyment and look forward to teeing it up with you. Will probably walk with my AV2, have an extra cart if you wan't me to bring it (CG8.0). If your riding no big deal will have it just in case.
haha sounds good. I'll have my cart with me.

• Appreciation
There were still 2 open spots as of this morning for anybody else that can make it early on the 9th.

What is the river course at Keystone like. Buddy and I are running out to the salida area next week. While in the area we like to try out various courses. Other suggestions welcome within a couple hours of Salida

What is the river course at Keystone like. Buddy and I are running out to the salida area next week. While in the area we like to try out various courses. Other suggestions welcome within a couple hours of Salida
Not certain, but likely snow covered. There is a course in Salida, but it might have the same issue.

Not certain, but likely snow covered. There is a course in Salida, but it might have the same issue.
Website says river course is open. Opened yesterday I think. Have played salida many times. We always play Four Mile in Canon City each year when we go out

Website says river course is open. Opened yesterday I think. Have played salida many times. We always play Four Mile in Canon City each year when we go out
With this last storm, I would call to just make sure. It's a fun track

Thanks for letting me join you this morning! Really had a great time!
Anytime, thanks for making it out, was absolutely a blast to walk 18 with you.

• Appreciation
The mountains got hit hard again the last few days, and maybe more in the next couple. Love 4 Mile. I’ll be playing it right before I head out for Arbor Links 👍

The mountains got hit hard again the last few days, and maybe more in the next couple. Love 4 Mile. I’ll be playing it right before I head out for Arbor Links 👍
If you get time you should try and hit up iron horse or bent tree.

It's a fun track, lots of large drop tee shots. Short range but nice.

@J4U and I will be hitting Spring Valley Sunday morning (5/21) @ 7:40am. There is one more spot left at that time if anyone else wants to jump in.

Back