Colorado Members thread

Of the 3, CommonGround is the most flat and boring. GVR is longer and has a bunch of fun holes and closest to airport. Buffalo Run is a little more troublesome on mis-hits, but also a fun one.

Common Ground is the only one I would walk, but wouldn't want to play it just visiting. Is the easier on swings being a little off.

Todd Creek is close to GVR and BR and can be the longest if that's what you want. Don't walk that one either. Most affected by wind.
Is the par 3 on common ground hard to get on..?

Check for specials before heading out. They are very proud and let you know it. Arrowhead is beautiful! Fossil Trace is more of a full size putt putt course. Lots of objects in the middle of Fairways and the greens are fun? Cool fossil holes to explore.

Both are very scenic for a trip here.
Specials?who is proud?

Specials?who is proud?
They are, their prices are above value unless for a travel round visiting imo. Deals can be found if local.

Is the par 3 on common ground hard to get on..?
Never tried, so can't give an educated response. Much like everything I imagine, tougher than normal. Last minute times pop up everywhere but have to be local and flexible obviously.

Thats how i got out early yesterday. An opening showed up the night before on tee off app. Supreme golf app is good too. Golf now is hit and miss

Played plum creek which was better than I expected(but definitely a let down for the price I played) and bear dance which was paradigm shifting for me. I love mountain golf. Group I played with told me I was wasting my time with fossil trace and common grounds. But Im thinking common grounds in the am day one and arrowhead in the afternoon day one. Day two drive out to the raven. Any thoughts? @J4U. Already have a tee time for raven and notice they have deals so can switch if I can find a deal there.

Played plum creek which was better than I expected(but definitely a let down for the price I played) and bear dance which was paradigm shifting for me. I love mountain golf. Group I played with told me I was wasting my time with fossil trace and common grounds. But Im thinking common grounds in the am day one and arrowhead in the afternoon day one. Day two drive out to the raven. Any thoughts? @J4U. Already have a tee time for raven and notice they have deals so can switch if I can find a deal there.
Ever since Plumb Creek and Bear Dance merged they have been increasing their prices. Agree PC isn't worth the rack rate. BD is worth it for the views and travel golf. I won't play it at rack being local.

Fossil Trace is pricey local for what you get as it is a gimmick touch to a lot of holes. I kinda like playing there every now and then.

Common Ground is boring after playing any of the other courses, but much easier. I wouldn't waste time/money for travel golf there. It is the cheapest of all the ones you mentioned.

Arrowhead is another great travel stop and pricey. Will play it off rack rate, but again another beautiful course for travel golf. You can see where they filmed "The Hammer" commercial. They filmed it on the driving range and looks like it goes a mile. The range is only 220yds deep. Haha. If you do play it, the hole after the par3 (13) with a huge elevation drop. It has a back box (14) you have to go up and around. Worth it for the view alone and give it a go over the pond!

Are you here now?

Last edited:
If you are wanting to add a fun round I played TPC Colorado not too long ago. It was pricey, but man what a fun course! First time I have hit driver then 3 wood to a uphill par 4 ( 480 something yards) into the wind. Also had to pull driver out on a into the wind par 3. But drove the green on #3 ( short par 4) over the water. So many fun hole but it is a pricey day.

Ever since Plumb Creek and Bear Dance merged they have been increasing their prices. Agree PC isn't worth the rack rate. BD is worth it for the views and travel golf. I won't play it at rack being local.

Fossil Trace is pricey local for what you get as it is a gimmick touch to a lot of holes. I kinda like playing there every now and then.

Common Ground is boring after playing any of the other courses, but much easier. I wouldn't waste time/money for travel golf there. It is the cheapest of all the ones you mentioned.

Arrowhead is another great travel stop and pricey. Will play it off rack rate, but again another beautiful course for travel golf. You can see where they filmed "The Hammer" commercial. They filmed it on the driving range and looks like it goes a mile. The range is only 220yds deep. Haha. If you do play it, the hole after the par3 (12) with a huge elevation drop. It has a back box (13) you have to go up and around. Worth it for the view alone and give it a go over the pond!

Are you here now?
No I’m not there now. My grandparents had there 93rd and 90th birthdays last weekend. I was originally only going to play one round and invite my uncle. Over the “stress“ of finding a course I planned a second trip for my birthday end of September. My uncle ended up passing, he didn’t want to wake up super early and only would want to play lone tree or kissing camels. I was able to get a 6:42 at plum and bear dance and ironically didn’t want to play bear dance. Buddy of mine suggested it but the fact that he had played it was a bit of a deterrent. The plan is to play 36 holes on the 28th and 18 on the 29th. I have two tee times already but both on the 29th at fossil trace and The raven at three peaks. Plan on cancelling the fossil trace because it’s actually for two because they wouldn’t let me book as a solo. Guess I didn’t have the right day originally because can’t play common ground early. Would love to find an am tee time at a worthy course so that I can play arrowhead for slightly cheaper in the afternoon. Although kind of like the idea of going out to Breckinridge and play 27 there.
If you are wanting to add a fun round I played TPC Colorado not too long ago. It was pricey, but man what a fun course! First time I have hit driver then 3 wood to a uphill par 4 ( 480 something yards) into the wind. Also had to pull driver out on a into the wind par 3. But drove the green on #3 ( short par 4) over the water. So many fun hole but it is a pricey day.
How do you go about getting a tee time there?

No I’m not there now. My grandparents had there 93rd and 90th birthdays last weekend. I was originally only going to play one round and invite my uncle. Over the “stress“ of finding a course I planned a second trip for my birthday end of September. My uncle ended up passing, he didn’t want to wake up super early and only would want to play lone tree or kissing camels. I was able to get a 6:42 at plum and bear dance and ironically didn’t want to play bear dance. Buddy of mine suggested it but the fact that he had played it was a bit of a deterrent. The plan is to play 36 holes on the 28th and 18 on the 29th. I have two tee times already but both on the 29th at fossil trace and The raven at three peaks. Plan on cancelling the fossil trace because it’s actually for two because they wouldn’t let me book as a solo. Guess I didn’t have the right day originally because can’t play common ground early. Would love to find an am tee time at a worthy course so that I can play arrowhead for slightly cheaper in the afternoon. Although kind of like the idea of going out to Breckinridge and play 27 there.

Just give them a call. My buddy was able to set something up for us. Not sure on the details.

The Ridge at Castle Pines North
Red Hawk Ridge
Fox Hollow (closest to arrowhead, make sure "The Canyon" 9 is one of the combined nines between the 3 options).

You will love The Raven.

Just moved to Golden from Chicago. Looking for course recommendations. So far played Fossil Trace, Arrowhead, Bear Creek, Red Rocks Country Club and Lakewood Country Club. Arrowhead may have been one of the most beautiful courses I’ve ever played. Sublime views all over the course. Would love some course recommendations as I finally have time to play more golf. Having fun getting back into the game. Any THP events planned? I don’t know many people here and would,love to meet some fellow golf nuts.

Thanks!

Just moved to Golden from Chicago. Looking for course recommendations. So far played Fossil Trace, Arrowhead, Bear Creek, Red Rocks Country Club and Lakewood Country Club. Arrowhead may have been one of the most beautiful courses I’ve ever played. Sublime views all over the course. Would love some course recommendations as I finally have time to play more golf. Having fun getting back into the game. Any THP events planned? I don’t know many people here and would,love to meet some fellow golf nuts.

Thanks!
Look up one post from yours and include Bear Dance as a must play.

You have already played some great ones! Bear Creek is so fun and challenging...and tough!

Fox Hollow is right across the street from there. Welcome to Colorado and always interested in meeting THPrs

Add the Meadows to your list too. Just a little down the road from fox hollow.

I’m in C.Springs. We’ve got a few nice courses down this way if you feel like driving :D

:welcome:

The Ridge at Castle Pines North
Red Hawk Ridge
Fox Hollow (closest to arrowhead, make sure "The Canyon" 9 is one of the combined nines between the 3 options).

You will love The Raven.
Sadly gonna have to cancel my trip out there. Just needed to save money, instead of the golf. But my uncle is insisting I come out for a week and stay with him to play so I’ll do that next june.

So.... just scored an invite to play the Sanctuary tomorrow. Haven't played it before, but from the pictures it looks beautiful. Anyone else played it, any thoughts?

So.... just scored an invite to play the Sanctuary tomorrow. Haven't played it before, but from the pictures it looks beautiful. Anyone else played it, any thoughts?
Other than you lucky sob, no.

It was a charity event for flight for life. I can’t believe how awesome it was. Course is in great shape, and the accommodations were fantastic. They even used a flight for life helicopter for the ball drop :)
936BB07F-FFE0-4F80-9D09-1F8AF2622E05.jpeg

Found a last minute tee time today as job wasn't ready. Heading out in a few.

Also one tomorrow, but can cancel if anyone can get out and finds an open tee time for tomorrow.

Mine are just single spots that are available today and tomorrow.

Let me know asap if someone can get out tomorrow with a tee time within an hour of Parker. Will cancel tomorrow's and join you. If you want that is :)

Next year this thread needs more activity!

Found a last minute tee time today as job wasn't ready. Heading out in a few.

Also one tomorrow, but can cancel if anyone can get out and finds an open tee time for tomorrow.

Mine are just single spots that are available today and tomorrow.

Let me know asap if someone can get out tomorrow with a tee time within an hour of Parker. Will cancel tomorrow's and join you. If you want that is :)

Next year this thread needs more activity!
If I hadn't missed two days last week, I'd be all about getting a time tomorrow. Too many projects due this week. Next week looks cooler, but dry. Maybe that'll work out :)

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
How did I miss those Sanctuary posts...wow!
If I ever get invited back, I'm not missing it. That course was a ton of fun, and probably the most beautiful course I've played! I didn't bring my "A" game with me that day, but I made sure to have a good time.

Kind of funny with the sanctuary talk. Last night I was talking courses in Colorado with someone from there. He’s like let me show you this course, its almost impossible to get on, and before he can pull it up I was like is it sanctuary? Haha yeah.

sadly I ended uphaving to cancel my trip out in September but I’ll be heading back out in June for 2-4 rounds. Maybe more.

Reactions: J4U
Met up with @J4U and played 4 Mile down near Canon City today. Thanks for making the trek @J4U! I had a blast, and looking forward to getting out again.

This was the first round I've played with anyone from the forum... looking forward to more!

I have a mate coming in town April 21, hoping to get on the ranch but it's looking like an early morning April 22nd could be a go, need to be done by 11am-12pm but if we have a centralish spot, anyone keen?

I have a mate coming in town April 21, hoping to get on the ranch but it's looking like an early morning April 22nd could be a go, need to be done by 11am-12pm but if we have a centralish spot, anyone keen?
Put me down as tentative - pending location and wifey permission 😂

I'll be out of town:(

Back