I'm sure they aren't the only ones but since Bono is the epitome of douchebag this type of request doesn't surprise me.

I thought I was the only one that thought that of Bono.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I was the only one that thought that of Bono.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're not the only one brother. There's a few of us.

The misses is dragging me to Rick Springfield Saturday night. I'd rather do that than go to a country show. At least I'll know a few songs of his and can have a good time.

Ok saw Depeche Mode (2nd all time favorite band) in DC the other night. Had 400 level nose bleed seats from the pre-sale, so I could not select my seats. Once sitting down I quickly realized that I had an obstructed view because the seats were on the side of the stage and a metal pole blocked our view along with being high up.

I figured I'd make the best of it. I notice this guy walking past my seat a few times and didn't think a lot about it until he stopped and stood right by my seat (aisle seat). After a few moments of standing there he leaned over and asked if I wanted better seats. I said that would be awesome but that I didn't have a lot of cash on me. He said that was not what he asked me and repeated the question. After being asked again I simply said yes. To me surprise he pulled out two tickets and said to go find an usher to guide us to the new seats. We did just that and ended up in the first row and dead center of the stage. Best concert experience ever.

That is pretty awesome. Something similar happened to my brother and Dad at a Roger Waters concert over the weekend. They were in their original seats and someone offered them seats in the 3rd row. My Dad is 74 and loves Roger Waters, so to be that close was pretty incredible for him.

Yeah, big stadium shows tend to sound horrible, and especially things said between songs. I saw them on their Zoo TV Tour in Madison, WI. At the time I was managing a pool hall that was located on the campus of the University of WI. The night before the show (Sat) U2 was in town and "sightseeing" in the downtown/campus area. We were busy that night..the place was packed. U2's tour manager called us because several of the band members felt like shooting pool. He asked a bunch of questions, like how many tables we had, what kind of beer did we serve, etc. Then he asked us to clear the place out so they could have it to themselves. And they didn't want to rent it or anything...it was more like they wanted us to kick out our paying customers so they could play for free. I'm sure they get comped at a lot of places, but I just couldn't see losing a couple thousand dollars in revenue and let a few millionaires drink and play at no charge!

Thanks for sharing the story and congrats on making the right decision. Think it's safe to say Bono made more money during the 2.5 hour show in Madison than 99% of your customers made in a year. I'm a capitalist so you won't here me complain about differing salaries. The part that pisses me off is they stand on stage and say everyone should give their money to X, Y and Z. Meanwhile, they're asking people to forgo an evening of playing pool and having a few drinks with friends so they can have the place to themselves - for free! I wonder if they can even see their own hypocrisy.

Off to see Metallica at the 02 London in October and cannot wait. This year I've already seen KISS and Maiden. Been a top year gig wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought last minute tickets to see Skillet tonight in Dayton. Love these guys/girls so it will be fun. I think this is our last show of the year unless we decide to see TSO in December. We've been to a ton of shows this year. 1st time in many years we've been to more than 1 or 2 in a year.

I will be at the Safeway Open in Napa the first weekend in October and they have a concert series attached to the tournament which is really great. Free concert included in the $30 tournament ticket. Gavin DeGraw on Thursday, Weezer on Friday and Goo Goo Dolls on Saturday. I am still not sure what day I will be going but it will most likely be Saturday.

I will be at the Safeway Open in Napa the first weekend in October and they have a concert series attached to the tournament which is really great. Free concert included in the $30 tournament ticket. Gavin DeGraw on Thursday, Weezer on Friday and Goo Goo Dolls on Saturday. I am still not sure what day I will be going but it will most likely be Saturday.

Personal preference for me would be the Goo Goo Dolls. They're Buffalo guys so I'm kinda biased. Enjoy it whatever you choose.

Have seen RUSH 20 times and always a GREAT show. They have probably retired from major touring secondary to Neil's health, but the best shows ever.

Saw Roger Waters last night at the Garden. Great show. Very political, but Waters always has been.

Saw Katy Perry (Witness tour) the other night in DC. Since her last tour, she has done some dance practice and has produced more of an adult show.

Planning on flying into Atlanta on 19 OCT for The XX show. Really put on a great show!

Saw the Counting Crows and Matchbox 20 about two weeks ago. Counting Crows were great as usual, but Matchbox 20 absolutely killed it. High energy, great music. Would love to see them again. Just fantastic!

Next up... Fastball in October. They were fantastic in June.
29e95feb87bc18a26bca8112b7aa93bc.jpg
26c38979963ebb598e12a51c17beb6e1.jpg
1d5d63291f9e76c89a1be51160a5832d.jpg
28497cdf91797815532d491651c90442.jpg
593fd0187453200f1df5ccf5f0882de2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Saw the Counting Crows and Matchbox 20 about two weeks ago. Counting Crows were great as usual, but Matchbox 20 absolutely killed it. High energy, great music. Would love to see them again. Just fantastic!

Next up... Fastball in October. They were fantastic in June.
29e95feb87bc18a26bca8112b7aa93bc.jpg
26c38979963ebb598e12a51c17beb6e1.jpg
1d5d63291f9e76c89a1be51160a5832d.jpg
28497cdf91797815532d491651c90442.jpg
593fd0187453200f1df5ccf5f0882de2.jpg

Had no idea either of those bands were still touring.

Had no idea either of those bands were still touring.
Yeah Counting Crows tour quite a bit. Matchbox 20 hasn't toured in a long while, although Rob Thomas has been touring himself.

Heading to the Weeknd concert again here Thursday. First show was unreal. Should be another great one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Skillet a few weeks ago and they put on a great show. The whole show was Christian based and fantastic. Very uplifting. Next up is Pop Evil with DED in November. We missed them the last time they were through Dayton, not this time.

Saw Skillet a few weeks ago and they put on a great show. The whole show was Christian based and fantastic. Very uplifting. Next up is Pop Evil with DED in November. We missed them the last time they were through Dayton, not this time.
I've seen Skillet a few times and they are always extremely entertaining.

I've seen Skillet a few times and they are always extremely entertaining.
Skillet? Thats an actual band name?!?!

I'm not s huge Coldplay fan, but we went while away on our honeymoon. Easily the best show I've ever been to. The performance was unreal.

We went to see Garth and Trisha Yearwood on the 12th in Atlanta at the Mercedes-Benz Dome. The performance was amazing!!! Probably the best I have ever seen. There were a lot of problems with the stadium sound system though and a lot of people couldn't hear anything. We were able to hear all of the lyrics from Garth and Trisha, most of what Garth said, but only about half of what Trisha said. The lyrics and speaking of the opening acts were completely unheard by most of the audience. It was still an amazing concert though. Next up is Chicago on the 25th.

Saw Blackberry Smoke tonight. They freaking killed it.

Taking the kids to Rock Fore! Dough next month. Haven't been to a concert in years. Looking forward to it. Tried to book tickets to the Papajoe's Banjo-B-Que to see Jason Isbell, but I have to attend a wedding that weekend.

Just bought tickets to see ELO in Oakland in August! Can’t freakin wait!! First US tour in 30 years.

#FiberLaunch

Back