Contest #4 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right everybody, the event of a lifetime is getting closer and the 4th contest is going to be a lot of fun. Before we get into how to enter, let us explain what #TheGrandaddy is for those that might now know about it. The video below shows just a couple of memories of the 2013 event and this amazing few days that are truly life changing for the participants and all expenses paid.

When & Where
California (Carlsbad & Palm Springs)
December 8th-11th, 2014

What Is It
The war to settle the score. The Grandaddy is an event involving Team THP (which is made up of 8 participants that gain entrace via contests) taking on Team Callaway's marketing department known as the Zoo Crew. They won in 2013 and THP wants to even the score this year.

What is Included
Everything, as this is an all expense paid trip
Airfare, hotel stays, transportation, dinners and SWAG that will absolutely blow your mind
Multiple rounds of golf at one of the finest courses in the country
AND SO MUCH MORE

Team THP has a captain in #Cookie that is here to lead the 7 other troops that will gain entry via these contests. Every few weeks, THP will have a new contest and the winner will be part of the team we are affectionately calling Team Basement Dweller (because internet golfers live in their mom's basements according to the Zoo Crew). Today, we are proud to continue this amazing event with another contest as 5 spots still remain open on the team.

Contest
Just this past week, THPers and Zoo Crew members played together in an epic event called #TheGauntlet where 6 teams of 4 competed on 3 amazing golf courses on Hilton Head Island. The winning team of that event, was team JRod, and JRod is also a member of #TheGrandaddy team for Callaway. Like others from team ZooCrew, JohnnyRod needs a nickname. So your job will be to come up with that nickname and let the world know it on THP & Twitter. The best nickname for JRod, will earn a spot in something we call The Grandaddy of Em All!

How To Enter
Your job is to come up with the nickname that would best represent JRod.

5 Steps To Success
1. Conjure up great nickname for one of the most creative and sincere guys we know.
2. Post new name on Twitter and include @HackersParadise & @JohnnyRodCG as well as #TheGrandaddy
3. Copy Tweet and post in this thread
4. Repeat this with new name each day contest is open.
5. Sit back and relax and see if you are chosen for the event of a lifetime.

Rules
1. One entry per person per day
2. Your entries will be posted in this thread
3. Contest Open to all Albatross Club Members on THP. If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Deadline for the contest is Sunday Sept 14th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.

Good luck everybody and looking forward to seeing more great entries for the event of the year. The 2014 #TheGrandaddy is coming and it will be special

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickname pondering starting now

Last edited:
  • Admin
Quick typo was fixed.

Here we go, I expect some fantastic entries in an attempt to gain a spot into this incredible event and provide an UNFORGETTABLE nickname to the one and only JRod!!

Bring it folks, I'm ready to laugh!

I can't attend, but I will be there in spirit, so here's my contribution to help get things going.

Leave the Gun. Take the Bertha.

Entry 1

This is gonna be fun!!!

Entry #1:

p.s. #VilliansUltimatelyLose

Here we go..first entry

My first entry:

Last edited:
Entry Uno

Johnny really dusted the competition in #TheGauntlet, but he will be at the starting line spinning his wheels in #TheGrandaddy!

Last edited:
Let's do this for the one and only JRod!!!

Needs food...badly!

Entry Uno

Johnny really dusted the competition in #TheGauntlet, but he will be at the starting line spinning his wheels in #TheGrandaddy!

damnit CJ, maybe I should have read the entries before posting

Back