Contest: Cobra KING F7 Driver

Advanced Materials technology always gets me hot . . . .

I really liked how he explained in plain English how they capitalized on the design freedom granted by the use of the Textreme carbon fiber enabling technology and the benefits obtained. They certainly made the most of that lightweighting!

Nice carbon fiber crown and variable weight settings!

I liked how moving the heavier weight forward increased ball speed!

Last edited:
It's time to have a little fun and give away one of these awesome drivers.

[video=youtube;cp-9a2lVwc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-9a2lVwc8[/video]

How to Enter
Watch the video above
Post in this thread your favorite thing Mike Yagley has to say about it
Sit back and see if you won

Rules
Enter by Monday 10/9 at 11:59PM EST
Winner will be chosen randomly

Good luck everybody.

carbon fiber in a premium club!

I like the low CG and high MOI. The movable weight to lower spin is great.

I never really realized that moving the weight forward will lower the CG, when he turned the head you can see how dramatic the change is.

My favorite thing is the ability to increase the MOI. I could use all the help I can get, so I'd put that weight in the farthest back position for added forgiveness. Also, that lightweight crown helps improve the MOI.
Definitely an improvement over my current driver, which is from 2009.

I really liked how he talked about being able to put the carbon fiber crown in a "premium" driver. Which should help a lot of people out.

Contest: Cobra KING F7 Driver

Yagley making the complex simple - his voice is like elevator music haha

My favorite knowledge info that he dropped was:

Using the carbon fiber or textreme crown saves 7 grams and they offered this in a premium driver vs the super premium drivers they offered them in before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that the Carbon fiber crown enables so much adjust ability. Change the MOI or the COG of the draw or fade bias. Could spend a day at the range just being a HO with this one club. So the engineering fore thought is the thing I like the most. They got there by the fiber crown.

Thanks JB, great video. "Carbon Fiber"!!

I used to like drivers that had a graphite crown because it was lighter and effectively adjusted weight downward where it can help me get the ball in the air quicker. Cobra has now "one upped that" by using an even lighter carbon fiber crown and augmented that with movable weights at the bottom of the club to even further adjust exactly where the center of gravity is to help all golfers make better drives from the tee box, not just vertically but somewhat left to right as well. I really want to try this driver!

Really liking the 3 weight ports for further fine tuning. And there's some orange in it. I love me some orange!

I really like the carbon fiber crown and the low CG. Sounds like it would be a forgiving driver.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I really like the flexibility to adjust the club depending on the how you are swinging at that time since some weeks I'm could use a little heal weight and some weeks reduced spin. It's good that one club can adjust

I like how he actually took the time to explain what changes when you move the weights to different positions instead of just saying what the result of moving the weight is

I liked the entire video. I can't just say one thing. I found the redistribution of weight into the different placements was so fascinating. I know I would be toying around with that thing so much! Haha. I wonder if I were to place the weight in the final position if that would help counteract my nasty hook? Hook Right + Counter Weighted to Fade = Fairways!?!?

I'm always interested when Yagley talks about weighting saving materials and strategical weight placement. Getting 7 grams out of the crown that they were able to move around is pretty cool. I've been a fan of this driver since it was released and I can't wait to see where Cobra goes from here.

Being a tech head, I like the versatatility that the weight ports give you. It would appear to let you adjust them in multiple ways that will help you sync your swing speed and ball striking capabilities. Very clever!! I like it!

I like the carbon fiber in the crown. I really like the ability to change your window for lower or higher ball flight along with the ability to put the weights in a draw bias to reduce the slice.

Did he say forgiving? That's enough for me, count me in please.

Back