Contest: Cobra KING F7 Driver

That carbon fiber crown though. Being able to move 7g around and out of the crown is pretty solid. After trying them out, it definitely worked.

Can't say enough how great it was to ride in the cart and play with Yagley Saturday morning at the Morgan Cup. Awesome guy and a clutch golfer. I've been eye balling this driver and saw it in action with Cookie last weekend and what I found most interesting was when he was talking about moving the weight forward. He turned the driver to the side and I didn't realize how much lower that front weight slot is from the back one because the tail of the driver curves up. It totally makes sense to me now how that moves weight lower.

The best part is when Mike explained how moving the weights around changed the MOI and shot shape. I found that very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time to have a little fun and give away one of these awesome drivers.

[video=youtube;cp-9a2lVwc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-9a2lVwc8[/video]

How to Enter
Watch the video above
Post in this thread your favorite thing Mike Yagley has to say about it
Sit back and see if you won

Rules
Enter by Monday 10/9 at 11:59PM EST
Winner will be chosen randomly

Good luck everybody.

I like the of the moveable weight to help with the draw setting I have a bit of a slice id like to get rid of

I really like the carbon fiber crown for weight reduction and looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like many have said, the carbon fiber and using that now in a "premium" driver instead of usually using it in their super premium drivers. Also how changes the weights affect your shot so much.

I would benefit from the ability to move the 12 gram weight to the front position and reduce spin while still having decent forgiveness with decent moi

Thanks to the weight savings on the crown, having the flexibility of moving the weights forward or back to change the MOI.

I found it very interesting how the "action weight" in the draw setting affects multiple facets of the club.

Enjoyed the tech video a lot. My favorite part was the explanation of what happens when you move the weight forward - lower spin and increased ball speed.

I have a couple of questions: they are using carbon fiber in this driver and its defined as premium what does the super premium driver look like? Can you get different weights for weight ports in the club? The weights included in the club are 2, 2, & 12g respectively, is there a benefit to having a low CG using the 12g weight but also a bit heavier weight, say 6g in the heel position to impact what Mike called spin axis tilt?

I'm a bit thick and I never really understood the concept of perimeter mass and MOI, but its a bit more clear how moving perimeter weight for mass impacts ball flight. Well done!

To be honest my favorite part of the video is that he delivered so much information in such a short period of time. Most videos where someone is explaining that much of the tech are long and boring but this one he went straight to the highlights of the crown and the weight system. Short, sweet, to the point, and enough to generate interest.

To be honest my favorite part of the video is that he delivered so much information in such a short period of time. Most videos where someone is explaining that much of the tech are long and boring but this one he went straight to the highlights of the crown and the weight system. Short, sweet, to the point, and enough to generate interest.

THP TV Quick Tech is always short
Heck most THP TV spots with experts are less than 5 minutes.

Don't know how much they can improve when it comes to all the tech that's in drivers these days. Carbon fiber crowns to save on weight and weight ports in various places to change the flight and spin. Nice quick but informative video.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The carbon fiber crown with being able to save weight to disperse it elsewhere sounds great, but being able to move the weights around in the bottom sounds like a winner and something I would be very interested in trying. Never played or even hit a Cobra driver, but this is one I would play. Thanks THP and Cobra.

For forgiveness of the driver really stands out. But the weight ports and the effect it has on flight,speed and spin rates is very interesting. Having tried this driver it really is a stud of a driver.

I like the look of the driver, especially the carbon fiber crown. Thanks!

I like the ability to change weight ports to adjust to my game. I like it a lot better than the F6+ slider. Seems to be a little more precise locations for the weights.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I like that they put carbon fiber in more drivers (premium category vs super-premium)

Not an entry- but good luck to everyone entering. I my F7

I love the abilty to move the weight around to help a slice. While ive drastically reduced my slice it still lingers. This would be cool to play with!

The part I found most interesting in the video was Mike explaining the 3 weight ports and the ability to move the weight to different positions in the sole depending on what one is looking for. I think it would be a lot of fun experimenting with each position to dial in what's best for one's swing.

I love the that Cobra incorporated the Textreme carbon fiber in the crown.
I know Textreme was in the popular King LTD driver to allow the CG to go below the neutral axis. That was a huge breakthrough in CG placement for drivers!
Using this tech in the King F7 driver really allowed them to have great control of the CG when the weights are moved to either of the three positions.
All three positions make this King F7 a totally different driver which is amazing!

I like the idea of the weight ports to help with a slice and or lowering the cg. Lots of options with this driver.

Back