Lots of good potential captains on the forum and I would love to be a captain someday. I am active in the community and feel like I have done a good job reviewing equipment since joining the site. My two hesitations would be if others think I pass rule #4 and it would be hard to go against @jdtox and little rat in the event. That said, for a chance to play new Cobra equipment in 2021 and play in this event again, I would be willing to do almost anything while still adhering to rule #4. I will be playing Cobra in 2021 regardless and look forward to see who is picked and following along with their MC journey. I absolutely love that the teams may have their equipment early and have time to play it before competition begins.

J is a great guy and competitor and I'm sure whomever gets to face him will see that. If he grabbed one of those LE Cobra putters he'll be downright formidable for the Experience.

If I ever get a chance to play him again, Imma tip the cart girl to constantly park in front of his shot.

I would throw my name in as well. The issue I have is that I've not yet been to a THP event, and feel a bit reluctant to start one as captain.

Having said that, I think one of my strengths is reviewing equipment. I tend to try several things throughout the year and I am a data driven person. I enjoy comparing and contrasting not just he aesthetics of equipment but the tangible proven results as well!

I've been a big supporter of Cobra on these forums and in conversations with previous MC participants as well (oh and I'm #TeamHacker)

I would captain every bit as good Cap'n Crunch.. I would be sweet, fun, and and a good leader.. haha.

Last edited:
Lots of good potential captains on the forum and I would love to be a captain someday. I am active in the community and feel like I have done a good job reviewing equipment since joining the site. My two hesitations would be if others think I pass rule #4 and it would be hard to go against @jdtox and little rat in the event. That said, for a chance to play new Cobra equipment in 2021 and play in this event again, I would be willing to do almost anything while still adhering to rule #4. I will be playing Cobra in 2021 regardless and look forward to see who is picked and following along with their MC journey. I absolutely love that the teams may have their equipment early and have time to play it before competition begins.
Wait a minute...are suggesting that you would switch to team Hackers??? :oops:

If I ever get a chance to play him again, Imma tip the cart girl to constantly park in front of his shot.
Haha I was fully prepared to hit it over her cart but when she popped her head out I was like OH **** :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to do it but I have a feeling that my participation on the gear discussion probably isn't what it should. I also know that I can be a bit bristly at times. ;)

I'm really excited to see who steps up and who gets selected. I think being a team captain would be a great experience for whoever is selected. Number 4 is great to see, since while a lot of us are probably pretty competitive here we want to actually make sure everyone is having fun. Being a jerk doesn't help with fun. For being active on the forum, it's kinda cool we have these badges now and can see who is driving conversations throughout the forum. For talking about golf gear, I think honesty is the best measure for everyone. Every club has positives and negatives for you, and highlighting what you like and dislike will help others the most. The F9 4i was pretty universally loved and I think after the event a ton of people grabbed one based on what people described.

I will say, in terms of reviews, I am not afraid to be critical. I understand that's not always what everyone wants to hear when they have their heart set on something, but I feel it is important to highlight both sides of the coin. When I review something I do try to make it a point to ensure people that I am not a robot, so your milage may vary, but I pride myself in being honest.

Yes I think I could. Have been lucky enough to be in several great THP events, but have not been a captain yet. Would love the opportunity. I love to talk golf and equipment and really enjoy team competitions. @jdtox is a good friend of mine, and would be a blast to go through this with him and other THP'ers.

Wait a minute...are suggesting that you would switch to team Hackers??? :oops:
To have a chance to play new cobra clubs? Heck, I might be willing to relive the scenario in “Devil Went Down to Georgia” for this opportunity.

4 minutes for a response, seems slow LOL
I mean it is a work day....

I'm pretty sure all of team paradise hit multiple shots while waiting on you to talk out your next shot with your partner :ROFLMAO:

We'll my improvement plan is to generally take LESS shots from now on. :cool: Its a bold strategy cotton...

Is that a positive or negative?

That is a super positive. Who does not look Cap'n Crunch.?? haha. He is sweet, fun, loves a good gag..

In all honesty, between work and having 3 kids under the age of 4, I do not have the time available in the day to be a captain of event like the Morgan Cup. However, I do have someone in mind who I think is perfect for this role and hoping they throw their hat in the ring for this one, as I think they would knock it out of the park.

With Crunchberries? If so, I'm all on board.

Totally with crunchberries. But absolutely not Peanut butter.. Those are a travesty.

That is a super positive. Who does not look Cap'n Crunch.?? haha. He is sweet, fun, loves a good gag..

This is a pretty serious decision for us though. :D

I say just give it back to @OITW, why break with tradition and screw up a great rivalry.

As a follow up. Could you shorten your pre-shot routine? Asking genuinely.
I had this problem, it was a severe problem. I’m sure you would agree. Shortening the routine definitely helped my game a lot. Less time to think and when you have my head, it’s easy to get lost in there.

I’m not captain material, my game is not there yet. I will be following along and putting my name in to be a team member. Good luck to those who do enter!

This is a pretty serious decision for us though. :D

Totally.. I completely understand that and can appreciate it is a big decision. I would love to be considered.

I'll be honest and say while I could be a captain, I don't think I'd be a good one. I tend to shrink from the spotlight.

I'd love to be able to participate and I'd prefer not to take a captain spot from someone that's more prone to captain than I am.

Back