Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Another good video with Don and Dan on weight and flex and spin control.

Love watching those last two videos again. It's kinda mind blowing to speak with someone who has that kind of extensive knowledge about shafts and be able to learn just a tidbit of that kind of information.

The knowledge we are going to gain about golf shafts from spending 2 days with Don is going to be invaluable.

And now I know what Flags are! Good stuff!

Thanks for these videos cpljohnst. They are just getting me more and more excited for this incredible experience we are in for!

Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Me as well, I want to get my custom puppy all dialed in! Totally custom bend profile is just total insanity. The graphics would just be icing on the cake.

Regarding Torrey, I think for the 90 day thing there might only be certain tee times available for that. Also keep in mind you have to pay am extra $45 to book that far out (worth it, but still).

I personally am open for anything. For those of us staying till Sunday, we can always play both if we can get on. I was also considering going to the Cardinals/Padres game Sat night if I didn't play 2 rounds that day. I would have loved to be able to fit the zoo in, but I don't think I'll have enough time (extra golf > zoo).

I encourage no one to book anything just yet. I remember either JB or GG saying they'd help us organize everything. I'm all for group stuff for those of you who are interested since I'm flying out solo and leaving the wife/kiddies at the house.

I'll also have a lot of questions about the graphics stuff when we get closer. I have some ideas in my head but I'm not that creative. I'm sure Project X has some awesome peeps who can turn my crazy ideas into something awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a feeling going back through the THP TV videos with people like Don from Project X, that people would enjoy them.

Will the baseline shafts be in a general flex category? How will you guys catalog your thoughts? Anyone getting on launch monitor with the baseline?

Will the baseline shafts be in a general flex category? How will you guys catalog your thoughts? Anyone getting on launch monitor with the baseline?

Good questions.
I believe the baseline shaft will be virtually raw. Therefore no preconceptions about what the shaft is doing. Flex we might try to get them at least similar to what they are using.

This might be the best at showing us what's in store. Really cool process. Can't wait to see it in person.

I would have guessed they'll send us something similar to what we're current playing. Regardless of what they send us, I have a feeling the end product is going to be nothing like any of us have played before. It'll be so tuned to our swings that we'll be throwing darts down fairways for the next few years :)

This might be the best at showing us what's in store. Really cool process. Can't wait to see it in person.

This has me so excited. I'm going to totally nerd out on this trip with all the tech stuff.

So damn cool. I cannot wait to get my hands in there.

I'm gonna have ask them if they're using my company's prepreg tape or one of our competitors' :alien:

My weekend will be filled with video's about shafts... On a another note just booked a lesson with my local pro for Sunday, gonna have my driver swing on point for this event.

My weekend will be filled with video's about shafts... On a another note just booked a lesson with my local pro for Sunday, gonna have my driver swing on point for this event.

Just had a lesson, and will likely take a few more before the event. I've been pummeling my driver lately though :D

Just had a lesson, and will likely take a few more before the event. I've been pummeling my driver lately though :D

My driver has actually been my worst club throughout the years, so that's why I'm crazy excited about this. Of course this is all self-inflicted pains, but if you have the opportunity to get one club perfectly tuned to your actual swing, it's awesome that it gets to be on the club I struggle most with.

My driver has actually been my worst club throughout the years, so that's why I'm crazy excited about this. Of course this is all self-inflicted pains, but if you have the opportunity to get one club perfectly tuned to your actual swing, it's awesome that it gets to be on the club I struggle most with.

I totally agree on driver being tuned - it's the longest club with the highest speeds, and therefore is the most sensitive to bend profile. So logic would dictate that it's the one you should benefit most from having precisely tuned.

Damnit, I have to pinch myself again, this is so cool!

Seriously can't focus on work for continually checking this thread. I feel like SpongeBob:
Im-Ready.jpg

Seriously can't focus on work for continually checking this thread. I feel like SpongeBob:
Im-Ready.jpg

Hahaha yup, no joke. I've had the same problem ever since selection on Wednesday.

I'm super driven to go hit balls now though, that's for sure. I know it's not a "competitive event" per se, but I still want to land in San Diego with some semblance of a decent game built up.

Hahaha yup, no joke. I've had the same problem ever since selection on Wednesday.

I'm super driven to go hit balls now though, that's for sure. I know it's not a "competitive event" per se, but I still want to land in San Diego with some semblance of a decent game built up.

Nobody wants to go out there and duck hook their first drive with their new shaft. NOBODY!

Nobody wants to go out there and duck hook their first drive with their new shaft. NOBODY!

A big hook is my driver miss. I think I'm most excited about finding that happy feeling when you get a club and you can just swing away and know what it's going to do. I have that relationship with my 3 wood in it ever since I put the Tour Green in it. I'm much happier with my driver since adding the Tour Green, but I can still crank out a few hooks late in a round when I'm getting tired.

I have a feeling the custom shaft will be about like this when swinging it:
99122ee67a6b14a91147ea1af60b0417.555x293x1.jpg

A big hook is my driver miss. I think I'm most excited about finding that happy feeling when you get a club and you can just swing away and know what it's going to do. I have that relationship with my 3 wood in it ever since I put the Tour Green in it. I'm much happier with my driver since adding the Tour Green, but I can still crank out a few hooks late in a round when I'm getting tired.

I have a feeling the custom shaft will be about like this when swinging it:
99122ee67a6b14a91147ea1af60b0417.555x293x1.jpg

HAH yup, I suspect that too!

My big driver miss is also a snap hook, so I feel your pain. The Aldila Rogue Silver (on loan from ArmyGolf) in my 913 right now helps though, it makes me feel like I can put a move on it and not worry about shutting it too bad though. The S+ I have is more susceptible. I did have to crank up the loft to 12* to counteract the lower launch, but the flight I was getting at the range yesterday in this configuration was pretty awesome.

I salivate at the prospect of a shaft tailor made for my temperamental swing though!

I cant stop thinking about the details of this event.

I played in a scramble yesterday, with a silent auction. One of the items was a Cobra Fly-Z driver, with a Lite Flex shaft. Not stiff enough shaft for me. No one bid on it, so I asked if I could buy it, but I needed the wrench (which was not there).
If I actually get this driver, this will be the head that I put the custom shaft into!!

Thats a nice head Spivey. I am looking for something right now that would be a good fit for me. Headed to PGA SS this week to test some out.

Back