Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

I have some suggestions.
For VaTech, one could put a Marcus Vick arrested image.
For Ole Miss, one could put Eli Manning's stupid grin

I could continue if you would like...:D

I have some suggestions.

...is there a "No Thanks" button? :alien:

I like to forget the Con-Vick-tions ever went to Tech whenever possible.

I already know which way I'm going.

#IbleedTHP

I already know which way I'm going.

#IbleedTHP

I'd love to put a THP logo on there somewhere! If JB will waive the copyright, of course, as was done in the past (can't remember for what).

I'd love to put a THP logo on there somewhere! If JB will waive the copyright, of course, as was done in the past (can't remember for what).

It was done for this even brother.

It was done for this even brother.

Well there you go. Memory is sketchy.

A VT and THP mix sounds great to me! Although it sounds like JB may be less than enthused :alien:

I have some suggestions.

So JB...just out of curiosity, what's your alma mater and favorite pro fooball team? Not that I'm planning to make fun of anything or something like that :giggle:

So if we change driver heads since sending in our info, is that a problem? Just a matter of sending GG updated info?

So if we change driver heads since sending in our info, is that a problem? Just a matter of sending GG updated info?

It depends when. If it is past when its already been submitted and your baseline shaft is on its way, yes that will be an issue. If its before, then no, there is no issue. Should have kept your #TheKing driver and it would have been easy :D

It depends when. If it is past when its already been submitted and your baseline shaft is on its way, yes that will be an issue. If its before, then no, there is no issue. Should have kept your #TheKing driver and it would have been easy :D

Haha I really tried! Just wasn't working out. Paladin is loving it though!

When does that get submitted? If I make a change it'll be within the next week or two.

Haha I really tried! Just wasn't working out. Paladin is loving it though!

When does that get submitted? If I make a change it'll be within the next week or two.

You should be fine if its in the next two weeks.

OOO I like two weeks :) Means its getting more real and the shaft testing is coming soon.

You should be fine if its in the next two weeks.

Good deal. If/when it happens I'll send Morgan an update.

I'm really glad I did that fitting as it gave me a wealth of info on what shaft characteristics work really well for me and which ones don't. Means I'll be able to create an even better shaft in San Diego.

Oh, and I told the fitter about the event, and he thought it was just about the coolest thing he's ever heard of. He wanted to give me a really detailed breakdown of the Velox shaft for that very purpose.

Good deal. If/when it happens I'll send Morgan an update.

I'm really glad I did that fitting as it gave me a wealth of info on what shaft characteristics work really well for me and which ones don't. Means I'll be able to create an even better shaft in San Diego.

Oh, and I told the fitter about the event, and he thought it was just about the coolest thing he's ever heard of. He wanted to give me a really detailed breakdown of the Velox shaft for that very purpose.

Ill be honest and say I wouldnt have done it, and gone in with a blank slate rather than a fitter fitting you to a specific shaft before you meet some of the greatest shaft minds in the world in a couple of months, but that is just my personal opinion.

Ill be honest and say I wouldnt have done it, and gone in with a blank slate rather than a fitter fitting you to a specific shaft before you meet some of the greatest shaft minds in the world in a couple of months, but that is just my personal opinion.

I'm sure I'm gonna be learned up like crazy down there and come away with my mind thoroughly BLOWN, but in my engineer's mind I fail to see how going in with the most possible info on my current fit can hurt.

And just to be clear, I'm NOT planning on going down there and creating a clone of the Velox with different graphics. I'll just be using it as an example of some of the characteristics I like, along with some of the things to be improved (it's a good shaft, but it's not perfect). Will be able to compare that fit to the baseline shaft as well.

I'm sure I'm gonna be learned up like crazy down there and come away with my mind thoroughly BLOWN, but in my engineer's mind I fail to see how going in with the most possible info on my current fit can hurt.

Difference of opinions. If I say you are going to be in the Grandaddy and get fit for the best driver for your game, by the best fitters in the world, would you go get fit for a new driver a month before it? See where I am coming from? Different people have different views on fitting and shafts, is all. No big deal, just my personal thoughts. You will always be second guessing which one was right after the event and swapping back and forth.

Can you hypothetically put me in the Grandaddy also JB? :alien:

Difference of opinions. If I say you are going to be in the Grandaddy and get fit for the best driver for your game, by the best fitters in the world, would you go get fit for a new driver a month before it? See where I am coming from? Different people have different views on fitting and shafts, is all. No big deal, just my personal thoughts. You will always be second guessing which one was right after the event and swapping back and forth.

No, I wouldn't, but I guess to me a little different animal there. Absolute people have different views, I'll be curious to see how this process goes forward. I had never had a really accurate view of my numbers before now though, so I like knowing that going in.

At any rate, I think you're right in that I should probably hold off on pulling the trigger on anything.

I find minimal knowledge is the best way to get fit for clubs. I too have an engineering mind and tend to not trust products sometime when I know too much. That was my problem when picking my latest golf ball. There was just too much good stuff to pick from.

When I was fit for my latest setup, my fitter would just hand me stuff and I'd hit it. I didn't ask questions. If I liked it, I told him and we kept it in the possible list. At the end I just picked the one with the best numbers from the clubs I enjoyed hitting.

3 months seems like so long to wait for this to happen! I can't wait for this magic shaft to get made and me become a dart throwing beast with my driver :)

I want to pull the trigger on a new BB Alpha 815 head but I don't think I can drop 5 benjis on another driver and fly myself out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find minimal knowledge is the best way to get fit for clubs. I too have an engineering mind and tend to not trust products sometime when I know too much. That was my problem when picking my latest golf ball. There was just too much good stuff to pick from.

When I was fit for my latest setup, my fitter would just hand me stuff and I'd hit it. I didn't ask questions. If I liked it, I told him and we kept it in the possible list. At the end I just picked the one with the best numbers from the clubs I enjoyed hitting.

3 months seems like so long to wait for this to happen! I can't wait for this magic shaft to get made and me become a dart throwing beast with my driver :)

I want to pull the trigger on a new BB Alpha 815 head but I don't think I can drop 5 benjis on another driver and fly myself out :)

I may or may not be guilty of overthinking numbers. LOL. But I think it's still valuable info going in to know what one or a couple of good shafts are for you.

A new 815 head, eh? Don't you already have one?? Haha

I may or may not be guilty of overthinking numbers. LOL. But I think it's still valuable info going in to know what one or a couple of good shafts are for you.

A new 815 head, eh? Don't you already have one?? Haha

Nope. I have the 2014 BB Alpha. Love it. Just kinda wanted to put the new shaft in the newest head.

Nope. I have the 2014 BB Alpha. Love it. Just kinda wanted to put the new shaft in the newest head.

Doh, just looked at your sig - for some reason I mentally stuck an 815 in after "Alpha" lol.

Yeah I'm kinda with you there. I may go in on a Vapor Pro head only and plug the baseline shaft in once it's sent out, since I liked that head so much in fitting.

Chumphries just get the head and put in the proto they will be sending as a baseline, should save alittle just getting a head and not the full club. I have seen them sub 300 for the 815's on the bay.

Chumphries just get the head and put in the proto they will be sending as a baseline, should save alittle just getting a head and not the full club. I have seen them sub 300 for the 815's on the bay.

IIRC MSRP on a head is usually $100 less than the full club, but not totally sure.

Man I can't wait for this event. In case you can't tell, it's pretty much all I've been thinking about lately haha

Back