Darren Clarke vs Davis Love III - 2016 Ryder Cup

I like both selections. Really hope I can get some tickets and see this go down in person.
Hey switzerland, pick a side. Be a man from the Nordic north. Love is a softy, I like him and always have. But he is soft like ground in minn. 11 months out of the year.

I am a huge DC fan. The guy is a man's man. Plays golf, good father, drinks a dozen pints, drives fast cars and smokes great cigars. Advantage Euros.

US picks safe and Euros pick strong emotional figure.

100% this. Does not bode well for the US in 2016.

Are we better with or without Tiger and Phil?

I too find it strange that captains are picked so early, so much can change in 2 years...but then again I found it strange that the team was picked before the fedex cup is over. Captains picks are like the allstar votes, its a popularity contest.

DL3 is fine with me I mean who else could they have chosen that would be better? Clarke I like, he is a true players captain and the Euros will be tough to beat again.

I agree, DC is one of my favorite golfers, how can anyone cheer against that guy

I am a huge DC fan. The guy is a man's man. Plays golf, good father, drinks a dozen pints, drives fast cars and smokes great cigars. Advantage Euros.

US picks safe and Euros pick strong emotional figure.

That's going to be a tough job for DL3, but if anyone is up to it, it's him. Hopefully the US Team will figure it out between now and then, but they are young.

I think Clark and the Euros have to be the outright favorite to win, but I'd sure be excited if the US pulled out a victory.

I can't wait. I really hope the young guys like Speith, Fowler, and Reed have a great year next year and are kinda the leaders of the American's going into it. Of course it will be interesting to see where Tiger and Phil are at that time. What ever happened to Anthony Kim?!?! Jeeeez..

If it were me unless they qualify outright I would not use a captains pick for the Phil, Tiger, Furyk or any of the old names. These worn out names have not led to success, try something different. Pains me to reach this point of view but Tigers game is trending to the level that he very likely can not be counted upon as a sure thing to at least post a better score than any pro in the field for any pro tournament I can think of, much less compete for a possible victory. Phil and FURYK will be older and no fault of theirs declining, health concerns plus fatigue factor exists. They have been great golfers but they are just past their peak level. Nothing to lose by going with new names wherever possible, the old names have not produced success anyway.

I can't wait. I really hope the young guys like Speith, Fowler, and Reed have a great year next year and are kinda the leaders of the American's going into it. Of course it will be interesting to see where Tiger and Phil are at that time. What ever happened to Anthony Kim?!?! Jeeeez..

He decided to cash in on that insurance and walk away from pro golf. I know he had a lot of nagging injuries plus of the course issues.

I think the early advantage goes to The Euros but last I checked the captains don't hit any shots.

Darren Clark looks good. The US is one down. I'll root for the US all day but man, they have their work cut out

With DC on board, advantage---Euro's

With DC on board, advantage---Euro's
Based on? He wasn't anymore accomplished than DL3 as a pro. he may seems like a cooler dude. Maybe that helps?

Until the millionaire American's learn to play and play as a team, the beatings will continue.

Until the millionaire American's learn to play and play as a team, the beatings will continue.

do you think they played as a team the last time DL3 was captain? I mean they dominated those 2 days.

Back