DFW April 11/12 outing

And water. And some forced carries. And wind. And sand. And multi-tiered greens. And did I mention the trees?
Wind??? We don't have wind in Texas. At least that's what I've been told.

Trees are 90% air.... Easy peasy!

I am out

Updated list:

We are two weeks away now and I have sent in the pairings to the courses and confirmed everything this morning.
There are a couple of places to play on the Friday before the weekend for those who want to join.
Cookie is setting up a round at Stevens Park and I have one opening for Fossil Creek. Both of us need to confirm by this Friday who will be playing. If you want to join one or the other let us know this week, thanks

Stevens Park (Dallas)
$50 including cart

Friday PM (likely 1PM)

Cookie
mikeg74
afwcardinal
shakey
Jman
easy8
kapsularian (tentative)

Fossil Creek (Ft. Worth) Friday mid morning

TBD
Shane
Lightningbolt

And water. And some forced carries. And wind. And sand. And multi-tiered greens. And did I mention the trees?
Trees are just fairway bumpers. They keep you from going too OB. All they ask in return is the occasional ball that you just won't find no matter how hard you look.

11 days out you say? Why not present Hole 11 at Pine Dunes, 605 yards par 5 from the tips that is surrounded by sandy waste areas on both sides. YES!!!!

#TexasGolfIsHard

PineDunes11.jpg

PineDunes11crossbunker.jpg

11 days out you say? Why not present Hole 11 at Pine Dunes, 605 yards par 5 from the tips that is surrounded by sandy waste areas on both sides. YES!!!!

#TexasGolfIsHard

PineDunes11.jpg

PineDunes11crossbunker.jpg

Pfft! Driver, 16* hybrid, 2 putt birdie

Ladies' tees all weekend so I don't have to hit any drivers?

I'm absolutely struggling right now with the driver..... I'm getting nervous lol

I'm absolutely struggling right now with the driver..... I'm getting nervous lol
Just trust what you were fit to dude, the number improvement from your SLDR was real...and I have the proof! Swing away!

Just trust what you were fit to dude, the number improvement from your SLDR was real...and I have the proof! Swing away!
I know its a swing issue so I found some drills with my alignment sticks to try and work out some kinks.... Hopefully I can work them out and take advantage of the new combo.

Honestly, I am cautiously optimistic about my driver (for the first time in a really loooong time). I have been driving the ball really well the past few weeks, but I still have 1 or 2 shots that kill me off the tee. Hopefully I can keep up that momentum into this weekend.

Updated list:

We are two weeks away now and I have sent in the pairings to the courses and confirmed everything this morning.
There are a couple of places to play on the Friday before the weekend for those who want to join.
Cookie is setting up a round at Stevens Park and I have one opening for Fossil Creek. Both of us need to confirm by this Friday who will be playing. If you want to join one or the other let us know this week, thanks

Stevens Park (Dallas)
$50 including cart

Friday PM (likely 1PM)

Cookie
mikeg74
afwcardinal
shakey
Jman
easy8

Fossil Creek (Ft. Worth) Friday mid morning

TBD
Shane
Lightningbolt

Honestly, I am cautiously optimistic about my driver (for the first time in a really loooong time). I have been driving the ball really well the past few weeks, but I still have 1 or 2 shots that kill me off the tee. Hopefully I can keep up that momentum into this weekend.

I think you'll be fine. Sunday you hit some good shots and the few that were not were playable for the most part. (Looking at you 15 tee) Fix the adapter and your golden .

If I can maintain my tempo I like where my driving is at currently.

Srixon Z545 driver picked-up at lunch! The bag is full and ready to go! Deciding between two putters, but as of today, I can practice the full bag in prep for this fantastic weekend!

Still have some club work to do before our weekend, but that shouldn't be a problem. I would have fun playing a wiffle ball set of clubs all three days.
Jank, your driving will be fine. Chris, you need to follow Jman's advice. Just swing the club. It's set up for you. Trust it.

#Ready! Irons are now cut to my specs and feel great. Will have J715 from Bridgestone with Fubuki stiff for all who want to try. My bag is open to anyone of course.

JM

Ah damn, been neglecting my j715 b5!!! this may need to make the trip as well

Back