DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get off on Friday to go. Not sure if it's going to happen or not. I could not make it this weekend, so decided I would try for Friday. Been wanting to get out and see the Lady's for a few years now. Always something keeping me from going.
Anyone going to watch the tournament this weekend?

Trying to get off on Friday to go. Not sure if it's going to happen or not. I could not make it this weekend, so decided I would try for Friday. Been wanting to get out and see the Lady's for a few years now. Always something keeping me from going.

Planning on going Saturday

Planned on going Sunday but I bought a motorcycle and think I'm going to try and pick it up and skip the tourney.

Hey guys. I'm flying into dallas next Thursday with a couple buddies for my bachelor party weekend. were staying in the Dallas area Thursday then meeting up with the rest of my buddies on Friday in Austin. Do you guys have one course in Dallas (or on the way to Austin) that's a must play. We're not looking to break the bank though and would like to stay under $75 for the round. Also, if you guys have any course recommendations for Austin I'm all ears. If any one is free on Thursday were only a 3 some right now if your interested. Thanks.

Played Stevens Park not long ago with THPers and it was a fun course. It will test you with a lot of different shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I'm flying into dallas next Thursday with a couple buddies for my bachelor party weekend. were staying in the Dallas area Thursday then meeting up with the rest of my buddies on Friday in Austin. Do you guys have one course in Dallas (or on the way to Austin) that's a must play. We're not looking to break the bank though and would like to stay under $75 for the round. Also, if you guys have any course recommendations for Austin I'm all ears. If any one is free on Thursday were only a 3 some right now if your interested. Thanks.

Boy, there is trouble awaiting that 4th! LOL!

Where are you staying at in Dallas (area)? For $75, call Old American in the Colony and ask if their spring rate is still in effect. If so, go there.

Austin, maybe try Avery Ranch. Haven't played it in a few years but was a solid track for the $$$$.

Boy, there is trouble awaiting that 4th! LOL!

Where are you staying at in Dallas (area)? For $75, call Old American in the Colony and ask if their spring rate is still in effect. If so, go there.

Austin, maybe try Avery Ranch. Haven't played it in a few years but was a solid track for the $$$$.

Haha thanks I'll check it out. We actually don't have anywhere to stay yet. We kinda figure we will just find a crappy hotel for the night. We haven't decided if we want to stay in Dallas for the night or drive down to Austin and stay there. Everyone else isn't getting in until noon time on Friday so we would have time to drive down on Friday.

I've never been to Texas so I'm looking forward to it.

Haha thanks I'll check it out. We actually don't have anywhere to stay yet. We kinda figure we will just find a crappy hotel for the night. We haven't decided if we want to stay in Dallas for the night or drive down to Austin and stay there. Everyone else isn't getting in until noon time on Friday so we would have time to drive down on Friday.

I've never been to Texas so I'm looking forward to it.

Old American is a Justin Leonard design and a good track! Since your winging the hotel, play there if the deal is still good. Normally it's a $150 track.

Enjoy and have fun! Post some pics up come time.

Time for some night driving range practice

Not to dissuade you from playing Old American as that is a great track, but it is 30 minutes north and if you are heading to Austin afterwards try Texas Star

Does anyone know a good electrician?

Commercial or residential?

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately - Thoreau

271f77b0cb38b321f7b8a8d7f90b93c9.jpg

2c5b8f471337f8a47809344ae727d57c.jpg

TBD and I playing Sky Creek today. It's going to be a long day though. Looks like everybody had the same idea.

271f77b0cb38b321f7b8a8d7f90b93c9.jpg

2c5b8f471337f8a47809344ae727d57c.jpg

TBD and I playing Sky Creek today. It's going to be a long day though. Looks like everybody had the same idea.
Its beautiful out! Slow or not you two will have a blast.

Enjoy, amazing outside right now!

It is absolutely perfect, weather wise. But, man is it slow. Just getting to hole 7. Started at 3:30

Long shot but anyone playing early Sunday?

Long shot but anyone playing early Sunday?
Not sure yet. I don't know if I have anything going on with the family. But if I do, I want to play extremely really.

Not sure yet. I don't know if I have anything going on with the family. But if I do, I want to play extremely really.

Cool. We can make it super early as to not take away from family time. Be done by noon.

Eddie: to be on the safe side I called and booked us at 7:22 for Sunday morning at meadowbrook. You'll be home by noon!

Cool. We can make it super early as to not take away from family time. Be done by noon.
Let me check with the wife about what we have going Sunday, and I will get back with you later.

Let me check with the wife about what we have going Sunday, and I will get back with you later.

Sounds good, look up for booked time!

46 on the front. Pace of play is killing us. Only two bad holes, and both were after 20 + minute waits on the tee box. And on back to back holes.

Eddie: to be on the safe side I called and booked us at 7:22 for Sunday morning at meadowbrook. You'll be home by noon!
Got room for one more? I'm in if you do.

This is Ft Worth Meadowbrook, not Arlington Meadowbrook, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back