DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bridges Golf Course, Gunter, TX (A Freddie Couples design)
Ideal Golfer Pass
Date: May 2nd (Saturday)
Time: 1PM CONFIRMED!

Bridges_zpsmypaevad.jpg

Playing
1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. cwmonroe87
4. ThreeBoysDad

Kap, asked about letting us do a 5'some and they said not on weekends. Can you find 1 more person so we could do 3'somes?

Ideal Golfer Pass

Bridges_zpsmypaevad.jpg

Playing
1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. cwmonroe87
4. ThreeBoysDad

Kap, asked about letting us do a 5'some and they said not on weekends. Can you find 1 more person so we could do 3'somes?

Kap, you can take my place, my mom wants me to take her somewhere next Saturday so I will back out and be a good son.

Ideal Golfer Pass

Bridges_zpsmypaevad.jpg

Playing
1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. cwmonroe87
4. kapularian

Anyone playing early Saturday next weekend? I can't make it an all-day thing so The Bridges is out.

Anyone playing early Saturday next weekend? I can't make it an all-day thing so The Bridges is out.

I might be able to help. Trying to get a time for Prairie Lakes for me and 2 family members. Will know more tomorrow AM.

Saw some storm damage on the River course today. Was surprised to see so many downed trees.
97848d08c1ed0f0a7538df932ff772e9.jpg

99c754c99a1e9de47bb8cda7df939ba6.jpg

88619fce0e27b943f58356649f16c5f1.jpg

5b1fe78206da1584dc8dfd4444b1313b.jpg

Looks like both winners came from our group today. Nice to see that.

Anyone playing from 27-29 May? I'm on leave and I'm willing to make the trip.

I bet we can get together for some golf. Did you get your shot at traveling for your next assignment? Definitely want to get in a round before you go, if that is the case.
Anyone playing from 27-29 May? I'm on leave and I'm willing to make the trip.

I've never seen so many downed trees and trees that had been split basically in half and/or snapped in half. Golf course crews will in Fort Worth are going to be very busy for a while clearing all of that out. And, another storm tonight is not going to help.

I got caught in Friday evenings storm. I would've bet money that I had driven very near a rain wrapped tornado. It was pretty scary stuff.

It was definitely a rough night Friday. And it looks like a bad night for some folks south of us tonight. I hope everyone gets though tonight ok this evening.
I've never seen so many downed trees and trees that had been split basically in half and/or snapped in half. Golf course crews will in Fort Worth are going to be very busy for a while clearing all of that out. And, another storm tonight is not going to help.

I got caught in Friday evenings storm. I would've bet money that I had driven very near a rain wrapped tornado. It was pretty scary stuff.

Depending on you definition of early, I probably am

Sorry, I can't help after all as 1 of my other uncles is joining us so it's me, stepdad, and 2 uncles. Hopefully you can hookup with Aaron.

Getting ready to play at Walnut Creek CC today in a fundraiser
I'd be curious to hear your opinions about the place when you're done, I'm seriously considering getting a membership there next year.

I'd be curious to hear your opinions about the place when you're done, I'm seriously considering getting a membership there next year.

If you decide to, let me know. One of my friends is on the membership committee. He may be able to help on the initiation fees.

Btw, I've played out there quite a few times. IMO, you need to be able to play 2x a week for it to be worth it. I live 4 blocks from the clubhouse but can't justify the price. The "junior executive" (35 and under) is a no-brainer though!

Btw, I've played out there quite a few times. IMO, you need to be able to play 2x a week for it to be worth it. I live 4 blocks from the clubhouse but can't justify the price. The "junior executive" (35 and under) is a no-brainer though!
Yeah, I'd be getting a young executive membership. It's actually under 40, so I've got a few more years I can get that price. It'll be next year though, my golf money this year is going to lessons.

Yeah, I'd be getting a young executive membership. It's actually under 40, so I've got a few more years I can get that price. It'll be next year though, my golf money this year is going to lessons.

Huh... that figures... when I was in my upper 30s it was 35... now I'm in my lower 40s, they moved it up

Reminder to U boys! Weather is looking great for Saturday!

Ideal Golfer Pass

Bridges_zpsmypaevad.jpg

Playing
1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. cwmonroe87
4. kapularian

Dave, I don't have time to give you a complete review today but I will say that we played the Oaks Course at Walnut Creek and I enjoyed the course. It has a variety of open and tight holes. Some of the holes are lined with houses, others with trees and then some wide open holes. I could use my driver on most of the par 4's and all of the par 5's. Couple of easy par 3's and one really tough one. Only hole we blew all day. (best ball scramble)

I bet we can get together for some golf. Did you get your shot at traveling for your next assignment? Definitely want to get in a round before you go, if that is the case.

I may have skipped a few rungs in the ladder and dialed someone I shouldn't have, but I did find out I'll likely head to Korea again in about 8 months. Would have been awesome to go to JRB Fort Worth, but I definitely miss the travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back