DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We died a slow death at Bear creek Sunday-5 hours to bake and play.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Which course? If you played the East, how did it look. Got a tourney there in early October.

I won the Fort Worth City Champ, 2nd Flight (GHIN 6-9. I'm currently 6.4) this past weekend. Day 1 was Pecan Valley River. Day 2 was Pecan Valley Hills. Got a plaque and $250 in shop credit. SWEET!

Shot 75-76=151 to win by 2. 75 is my low score this year. The 76 was +4. So, that was my lowest in relation to par. Played the smart golf off the tee for the most part. On a couple par 4's, I had to hit 8i and 7i off the tee because of where the teebox was. I think that may have won the event for me. I'm guessing a lot of players "tried" something on those 2 holes and it blew up on 'em.

On Day 1, I felt real comfortable, like my mind was free of multiple thoughts. My primary thought, when addressing the ball, was square your hips and shoulders. Other than that, I wasn't trying to hit a draw, or a fade, or hit it high or low.
75 (+5) =37, 38
1 birdie, 1 double

On Day 2, I was a little less comfortable, especially off the tee, with any type of wood or hybrid. I never felt like I wa "free swinging". Even though the day 2 course (PV-Hills) is more wide open, I felt like a was trying to guide it. Fortunately, the openness of the course meant I was still in a playable spot, most of the time.
76 (+4) =37,39
3 birdies, 1 double and 1 triple

That's awesome Doug!!

Great shooting, congrats man!

I won the Fort Worth City Champ, 2nd Flight (GHIN 6-9. I'm currently 6.4) this past weekend. Day 1 was Pecan Valley River. Day 2 was Pecan Valley Hills. Got a plaque and $250 in shop credit. SWEET!

Shot 75-76=151 to win by 2. 75 is my low score this year. The 76 was +4. So, that was my lowest in relation to par. Played the smart golf off the tee for the most part. On a couple par 4's, I had to hit 8i and 7i off the tee because of where the teebox was. I think that may have won the event for me. I'm guessing a lot of players "tried" something on those 2 holes and it blew up on 'em.

On Day 1, I felt real comfortable, like my mind was free of multiple thoughts. My primary thought, when addressing the ball, was square your hips and shoulders. Other than that, I wasn't trying to hit a draw, or a fade, or hit it high or low.
75 (+5) =37, 38
1 birdie, 1 double

On Day 2, I was a little less comfortable, especially off the tee, with any type of wood or hybrid. I never felt like I wa "free swinging". Even though the day 2 course (PV-Hills) is more wide open, I felt like a was trying to guide it. Fortunately, the openness of the course meant I was still in a playable spot, most of the time.
76 (+4) =37,39
3 birdies, 1 double and 1 triple
awesome! Congrats

WTG Doug, thats some solid golf buddy.

relatively new site: www.bigdgolf.com

Similar to iDeal Golfer. This week's deal is Frisco Lakes for $29, Valid through Nov 10.

Looks like a good deal to me, I've never played th course but heard great reviews.

relatively new site: www.bigdgolf.com

Similar to iDeal Golfer. This week's deal is Frisco Lakes for $29, Valid through Nov 10.

Looks like a good deal to me, I've never played th course but heard great reviews.

Lakes is definitely better than Plantation in Frisco. Nice course. Thanks for the new site I registered to get the deals emailed. I have so many I am doing now with Avid golfer coupons I need to use first, but this is a good deal.

Which course? If you played the East, how did it look. Got a tourney there in early October.

Played East course. Greens seemed pretty good. Tee boxes chewed up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Nice going Doug! Very well played my man. That's pretty darn cool.

Nice going Doug. I knew you were going to do good. After our round at Meadowbrook, there was no doubt in my mind. Congrats buddy.
Now come out play some golf with us. We want to see if your winning rubs off on us. Need all the luck we can get, for Vegas.

Not too early to start thinking about using the ideal golfer voucher out at Heritage Ranch. Has to be used by 9/30 and after 11am on Sat or Sun.

I've forgotten who purchased them but what you guys thinking as far as the available weekends go?

9/14 - 9/15
9/21 - 9/22
9/28 - 9/29

I'm good any Sunday and could do Saturday afternoon after 2pm on the 21st.

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

9/14 or 9/15 works for me. Have kiddos weekend of 9/21 and Vegas the following weekend.

Edit: prefer 9/14 so I can watch NFL on Sunday afternoon.

9/14-15 would prob be best for me as well

Played HR on Friday, probably the best daily fee course in Dallas. Wide open, good greens (pretty flat, though). No GPS, so it's tough to know where to hit it on the first go-round, however.

9/14 or 9/15 works for me. Have kiddos weekend of 9/21 and Vegas the following weekend.

Small world, I'm in Vegas 9/28 as well.

9/14-15 would prob be best for me as well

Think Eddie was another one that got this so will wait to see what he thinks about 9/14 afternoon.

14-15 sounds good to me. 28-29 is not good as I will be in Vegas also, so that weekend is out.

Can't do the 14th....2 soccer games. Can do 15th only that weekend. Cowboys play at noon. Can book a 11am time and then sweet talk the Sunday staffer that morning to see if he'll let us take an open spot that might be available or unused earlier? It works sometimes.

I must use it so the 15th will work. Real life comes before watching folks on TV. :)

Can't do the 14th....2 soccer games. Can do 15th only that weekend. Cowboys play at noon. Can book a 11am time and then sweet talk the Sunday staffer that morning to see if he'll let us take an open spot that might be available or unused earlier? It works sometimes.

Sounds good to me. See what you can do.

Won't be able to play on Sunday boys. Catch you on the next one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back