Did I get screwed with my new shafts?

Looks like I'm going to either get them fixed or get brand new ones. I will keep you all updated.

Damn straight they better take care of it! :D

Ok THP'ers, I just dropped off the irons again and had some words with the guy that did my clubs. Every part of the conversation was calm so it wasn't anything crazy. He was acting like a puzzled person ( I think he did it intentionally) and didn't think the way it was would be a problem. He told me that he thought it would only matter if I had the C-taper shafts. I stated that I've been told numerous times that each shaft is made for a particular club head. He then told me he would have the manager look at them tomorrow and go off his decision. So tomorrow I will have the final verdict. And the only shaft that was correct was the 6 iron. As far as tip size goes I compared my TX flighted shafts to the KBS and they looked exactly the same. So unless there's something I don't see, then I believe they are exactly the same.

Thank you everyone again for all your help.

Sounds like they may take care of you then. Good luck!

Ok THP'ers, I just dropped off the irons again and had some words with the guy that did my clubs. Every part of the conversation was calm so it wasn't anything crazy. He was acting like a puzzled person ( I think he did it intentionally) and didn't think the way it was would be a problem. He told me that he thought it would only matter if I had the C-taper shafts. I stated that I've been told numerous times that each shaft is made for a particular club head. He then told me he would have the manager look at them tomorrow and go off his decision. So tomorrow I will have the final verdict. And the only shaft that was correct was the 6 iron. As far as tip size goes I compared my TX flighted shafts to the KBS and they looked exactly the same. So unless there's something I don't see, then I believe they are exactly the same.

Based on how they "fixed" them the first time, I'm not sure I would accept them "fixing" them this time. I'd demand a refund and the purchase cost of new shafts (including tax and shipping).

A good business will find a way to make the customer happy. If they care about their reputation at all, they will make it right. I would go elsewhere for any future club work. Find a good "club guy" and stay with him. I had some work done a while back at a local range as well as a couple repairs at Golf Galaxy and I was never happy with any of it. Loose ferrules, shafts cut incorrectly, grips not centered, etc. Took a chance with the club pro at Dick's and I'll never go anywhere else. He's been doing my club work for 5 years. Not a single complaint

Did you talk to them today? What happened? Are they going to fix it?

My clubs will be taken care of. I'm getting 2 new shafts to compensate for the ruined ones. I went in today and I think the guy got his ass chewed by the manager because he was ultra nice today. (Normally very rude) But they should be ready sometime next week. Not the best because I hate waiting but i want them perfect.

That's good to hear!

It does suck waiting I went through it for three weeks waiting to get my irons back.
I'm glad you got this taken care of.

glad to see they are fixing the issue with new shafts.

My clubs will be taken care of. I'm getting 2 new shafts to compensate for the ruined ones. I went in today and I think the guy got his ass chewed by the manager because he was ultra nice today. (Normally very rude) But they should be ready sometime next week. Not the best because I hate waiting but i want them perfect.

That's how it should be buddy. Glad to hear they are getting it sorted out for you.

I have big news everyone! I picked up my beauties today and everything is fixed as should be:) I'm so happy to have them back and now with KBS Tour shafts:) I couldn't be any more excited. I am going to upload pics I just want to put on the stickers before I do.

Anyone know exactly how KBS stickers go on the shafts? Thank you in advance.

Respectfully, Manny M.

2013-03-12_22-06-27_357_zps37ba6d59.jpg

That's how mine came, up near the grip.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I have big news everyone! I picked up my beauties today and everything is fixed as should be:) I'm so happy to have them back and now with KBS Tour shafts:) I couldn't be any more excited. I am going to upload pics I just want to put on the stickers before I do.

Anyone know exactly how KBS stickers go on the shafts? Thank you in advance.

Respectfully, Manny M.
Potential stupid question but if they don have the stickers on them how do you know they are KBS shafts?

Potential stupid question but if they don have the stickers on them how do you know they are KBS shafts?

I honestly didn't check before they were re gripped but I trust the manager as he has always been great to me. And I'm sure he checked them. I think he ripped a new ass h$&e in the associate. Ill just have to go off there word.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I just read through the entire thread and the one concern I have about the install is taper tip shafts in a parallel hosels. Do the shafts look like they are centered well in the hosels and appear straight?

Glad it's working out.

Also I forgot to mention that the stickers do not come on the shafts. Their is a laser engraving on the shaft where the grip goes.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I just read through the entire thread and the one concern I have about the install is taper tip shafts in a parallel hosels. Do the shafts look like they are centered well in the hosels and appear straight?

I thought the same also, but my old shafts and these ones had the exact same tip appearance. They look great to me.

Here they are folks:)
My Wilson Staff Ci-11 irons, w/KBS Tour shafts, and new Lamkin R.E.L. 3GEN grips. I'm hoping to get on the range today and get these tested.

ysuqutym.jpg

u5unuzeb.jpg

Back