Did I get screwed with my new shafts?

Glad it all got worked out. They certainly look the business!

Sharp looking irons. Glad it worked out for you!

I'm really intrigued on how these play with the KBS shafts over the tx flighted!

Sharp looking irons. Glad it worked out for you!

Thanks Hawk, I wanted to get these in so bad and now they are good to go. I hope to get as much practice in as possible because I want to be on the #Grandaddy!

Glad they got it fixed for you. Interesting positioning of the KBS stickers. Usually those will get put out of view on the back side of the shaft.

They messed them up again, all those clubs are backwards...

They messed them up again, all those clubs are backwards...

Hmmmmmm, I didn't notice anything wrong with them. I must have had the same club maker. (Lefties Unite!)

Congratulations Manny on the new shafts and overcoming all the hassles. The clubs look great.

Glad they got it fixed for you. Interesting positioning of the KBS stickers. Usually those will get put out of view on the back side of the shaft.

Thank you again rob. I put the stickers on myself lmao. I wanted them like that.

Hmmmmmm, I didn't notice anything wrong with them. I must have had the same club maker. (Lefties Unite!)

Congratulations Manny on the new shafts and overcoming all the hassles. The clubs look great.

Yes sir! I love them so freakin much:) Lefties do unite! Thank you again bud I really appreciate. I hope to tee it up with you soon.

just curious, would it not be helpful to look at the frequency of the shafts as they go from 5-w, with the frequency getting progressively higher toward the shorter irons?

just curious, would it not be helpful to look at the frequency of the shafts as they go from 5-w, with the frequency getting progressively higher toward the shorter irons?

What is the frequency?

What is the frequency?

It's a more scientific method of assessing shaft flex and, hence, consistency of shaft flex through your set.

I wouldn't be overly concerned for now, particularly as you have installed taper tip shafts (untipped this time!) and butt trimmed to length - they should be within acceptable tolerances I would have though, albeit this certainly is not what I would consider my area of expertise.

My only concern was that your iron heads are apparently parallel (.370) and your shafts taper (.355), so you really should have had those shafts shimmed. You should really check that with your club builder...

this club build is lookin' ugly from a stability, safety and consistency point of view. If not shimmed properly, who knows, a head could go flying, especially during the warmer summer months, no?

this club build is lookin' ugly from a stability, safety and consistency point of view. If not shimmed properly, who knows, a head could go flying, especially during the warmer summer months, no?

It's not even about being shimmed properly; something I read earlier in the thread suggested the club builder's opinion was that shimming was unnecessary. If the heads are parallel and the shafts taper, I'm afraid to say that opinion is wrong.

OP - this would be significantly less hassle to fix, by the way! You would NOT need new shafts or anything like that; the club builder would essentially pull your existing shafts and re-install using a shim for that nice snug fit.

Back