Did I get screwed with my new shafts?

If I understand what he is saying correctly, those shafts are toast.

I'm can't imagine it will be a problem, the shafts were marked, and any club builder should be able to tell the difference by looking at the shafts. Just go in and say the shafts were installed wrong, I'm sure they will pull then and reinstall them. They didn't cut the shafts right?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm can't imagine it will be a problem, the shafts were marked, and any club builder should be able to tell the difference by looking at the shafts. Just go in and say the shafts were installed wrong, I'm sure they will pull then and reinstall them. They didn't cut the shafts right?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I agree 100% with what your saying. Only problem is he did cut them to my old shaft length.

Based on the picture, the KBS shafts are .355 taper tip - your Ci-11s (assuming that is what is pictured) are .370 tip - did they use brass shims? Also, if they are taper tip and were configured by GG as you report, then the shafts are now worthless for you.

Yes they are .355 the guy said he didn't have a problem with the tip size. I asked about a shim and he told me there wasn't a need for it.
GG as in golfer gal or golf galaxy?

You absolutely need a shim going from .355 to .370. Based on that and the erroneous insertion, I would ask that they refund your money, pay for new shafts and go elsewhere. I do not believe they can do even an adequate job. Unless you have a certain attachment to taper tips, I would order the KBS shafts with a parallel tip this time.

Yes they are .355 the guy said he didn't have a problem with the tip size. I asked about a shim and he told me there wasn't a need for it.

Golf Galaxy.

What kind of place is this? They sound like idiots.

FYI - He got the shafts from me. I won them on THP last year and wasn't planning on using them until my next set of irons but that won't be for another year so I gladly gave them to a fellow THPer.

The shafts came direct to me from KBS and they are all marked.

If the club builder puts a 7 iron shaft (that's clearly marked) in a 4 iron head he should be fired.

FYI - He got the shafts from me. I won them on THP last year and wasn't planning on using them until my next set of irons but that won't be for another year so I gladly gave them to a fellow THPer.

The shafts came direct to me from KBS and they are all marked.

If the club builder puts a 7 iron shaft (that's clearly marked) in a 4 iron head he should be fired.

You dont have to be a club builder to match numbers lol. Suck they ruined a nice set of shafts like that if that is what happened. Good luck sorting it out man.

My advice:

Be extremely polite when you talk to them. Screaming at people only makes you less likely to get your desired result.

Go see them in person, not over the phone. Explain to the manager how the installer screwed up, and how the shafts are ruined. Politely ask for a refund and new shafts. But stand your ground and accept nothing less than that. If the manager can't fix it, ask to speak to the franchise owner. If he can't fix it, ask to speak to the district manager. Continue your way up the chain. That will cost you nothing but time.

Most importantly, document every conversation. If someone promises you something, get it writing.

Your last resort is to sue them in small claims court, but that will cost a few hundred dollars, so I'd work awfully hard on getting resolution through the company before going that route.

Golf Galaxy.

I am starting to think golf galaxy has a very limited selection process on who gets to work on golf clubs..

Manny, I hate that this happened dude. I know the feeling first hand and hope they do right by you

My advice:

Be extremely polite when you talk to them. Screaming at people only makes you less likely to get your desired result.

Go see them in person, not over the phone. Explain to the manager how the installer screwed up, and how the shafts are ruined. Politely ask for a refund and new shafts. But stand your ground and accept nothing less than that. If the manager can't fix it, ask to speak to the franchise owner. If he can't fix it, ask to speak to the district manager. Continue your way up the chain. That will cost you nothing but time.

Most importantly, document every conversation. If someone promises you something, get it writing.

Your last resort is to sue them in small claims court, but that will cost a few hundred dollars, so I'd work awfully hard on getting resolution through the company before going that route.

Good advice. Especially the part about not screaming at people. Just start at the manager and work your way up the ladder. You have pretty obvious evidence with a shaft clearly marked for a 7 iron sitting in a 4 iron head.

On a very simple level you paid them for a job to be completed and they did not fufill their obligation. You have a very solid case, and I dont see a big store like GG to just say "tough luck". I have to believe they will make it right.

Sounds like they may have given you used shafts to me?

This has the stink of some sucktastic club building to me.

Where did you have this work done? I had some major problems with the fitting on my irons at my local golf galaxy and was happy when they were re shafted they got sent to titleist to be corrected.

It was done at a Driving range/pro shop. I don't want to give the name out yet.
It was not done at Golf Galaxy.

It was done at a Driving range/pro shop. I don't want to give the name out yet.
It was not done at Golf Galaxy.
Understandable, why throw them under the bus if they will rectify it. Just out of curiosity why didn't you go to Roger Dunn? I was on vacation in so cal, went one and that place was amazing I only dream we will get a golf store like that here!

Understandable, why throw them under the bus if they will rectify it. Just out of curiosity why didn't you go to Roger Dunn? I was on vacation in so cal, went one and that place was amazing I only dream we will get a golf store like that here!

Yea lol.

I didn't go to any big name stores because I live an hour away from the closest ones.

this sucks. Hope it works out, Manny.

as someone who use to do club repair on the dise this is pretty shoddy work. With it being a local driving range the chance of it not being fixed just went up a good bit. Try best you can to get them to fix it, but next time a hour drive might be worth it. Most golf courses in my area either does repairs or they have people who do, you just drop them off there.

Shafts are toast because they have been trimmed to length.

What kind of place is this? They sound like idiots.
Pretty hard to argue with this. You would think that as he (the "club builder" - and I use that term loosely) was cutting down and extending the shafts to make them flow in the set something would have dawned on him.

Looks like I'm going to either get them fixed or get brand new ones. I will keep you all updated.

Back