Do you get nervous on the first tee?

Have to admit that at my first event, last year's THP Championship, I was extremely nervous on the 1st tee. I volunteered to go first so that I could make sure I had the ball on the tee before going on camera.

At the Grandaddy, not on THP Live but still a fairly large event haha, I wasn't nervous at all and it scared me lol.

Make sure you take a barf bag to the first tee box with you. :sick:

I'll be sure to tee off before you so I don't step in it! LOL :laughing:

(all in good fun!)

Eh, I'm pretty good about getting to an acceptable spot to do the deed. Honestly, if I'm gonna hurl, it'll be done way before the first tee. Maybe parking lot, but likely the bathroom after I arrive wherever.

One of my race stories... I lived in NJ and was headed to Philly to run the Hot Chocolate 15k. My son was running the 15k with me (his longest run at the time... he had just turned 11), my older son was running the 5k with my wife, and my wife's friend was coming along with her daughter. She was running the 15k and her daughter running the 5k with my wife and son.

Anyway, typical me, I start getting queasy a few miles before we hit PA. As soon as we crossed the Ben Franklin bridge and paid the toll, I pulled over to the side, opened the door (I was driving), and hurled. It's just nerves. It's not even that big of a deal anymore. I just consider it the cost of admission.

I do. Not so nervous I can’t swing normal, but the nerves are there. More like butterflies. It’s a cool feeling and one thing I miss about playing competitive soccer. Always used to get butterflies right before kickoff.

I do. Not so nervous I can’t swing normal, but the nerves are there. More like butterflies. It’s a cool feeling and one thing I miss about playing competitive soccer. Always used to get butterflies right before kickoff.

I remember that feeling, although I don't remember thinking it was cool. :D Settled down after the first hard run of the game, but there were always some nerves there before kickoff.

Only at THP events do I get butterflies on the first tee.

With one exception, yes.

I always have and always will regardless of what state my games in that day. First tee jitters suck.

Definitely, if someone waves me thru and are starting me down I usually butcher one. I'm sure playing with a group of people I don't know at the Cleveland event will be the same. I'll just blame those on new clubs. :laugh: I have found a beer or three helps, and if it's where I don't have any of those..Beef jerky. Strange as it sounds, it allows me to focus on something other than my jitters.

I do because it sets the tone for the round.

Not really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I get real nervous I will club down to a 5i if I have to. So important to put #1 in the fairway. Sets the tone a lot of the time.

I do get nervous, but I've gotten a lot better about it. I know that nothing matters there except my swing, so I just have to do what I came there to do and let everything else go.

I get a mild case of the butterflies, but once I start my swing I'm usually good to go!

At a THP event or big tournament I absolutely get nervous. It's not a bad nervous at all but more excited, ready to go kind of nervous. To me it means I care and I love it.

I get nervous anytime anyone looks at me, so yeah the first tee jitters are real. The only exception was the baseball diamond. I’m hoping it goes away eventually.

My first event the Gauntlet in 2015 I was scared out of my shoes. But managed to hit a decent ball in play that one. The other times were much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bet I do for Events, not any other time except in front of THPer's

Yep, same here! Even the “unofficial” THP events. Weekly league? Nope - not even playoffs. But I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well in front of THPers, which is silly because no one cares how I do. I’m working on this

My first event the Gauntlet in 2015 I was scared out of my shoes. But managed to hit a decent ball in play that one. The other times were much easier.

I don’t think I was ever more nervous than on the first tee at the SeeMore event. JB was giving away THP tee shirts to anyone who hit the fairway. Man, I wanted it so bad. Of course I pull hooked it OB!

Yes, my nerves are jacked up on the first tee of a THP event. If that doesn't get the heart pumping, then nothing will.

In events: Yes.
Also if I play an unknown course I can get a bit nervous on the 1st tee.

casual rounds on my home course: Not so much

Ive done 1 THP event. I wouldnt say that I was nervous, more like excited and hopeful that I hit a good shot. I did and infact, I got one heck of a forward kick off of a sprinkler head.

I don’t get nervous. During normal rounds no first tee jitters. In competition not sure I call it nerves, I get anxious more than anything

I used to get pretty nervous when I knew people were watching. After a few years of league play though, I've gotten fairly used to the gathering at the first tee.
Being on camera at the THP Championship last year brought a new kind of nervousness though. First ever event and the camera had the butterflies going for sure on day 1. Day 2 was pretty much back to normal.

With my groups not at all, I'm just excited.

With strangers yes, a little bit, but not enough to club down.

At an event I'd be sh*tting bricks and probably pull out a wedge.

Isn't that what a breakfast ball is for? Heh.

I used to get a little nervous teeing off and their are about 8 golf carts behind you waiting for you to tee off.

But now it's just swing and go. Wherever the ball goes and drive away from everyone haha.

Back