Do You Keep Backup Clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 82 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • Depends on the Club

Votes: 29 19.6%

• Total voters
I wish I had kept an extra driver since my gamer is on its way to Carlsbad. I guess I will be hitting a lot of 3 woods this weekend.

I have a back up set of irons, several putters and driver.

As I am impatiently awaiting my second set of irons to arrive, it will now make having a complete second set a reality. I wish I could keep just what I play but even though I am not gaming my 910D2, it is so hard to part with and I probably never will. Since I have that, may as well keep a fairway wood, and hybrids, and irons, wedges and a putter... and a staff bag.... DOH!

My new 2014 clubs are all in the closet and old clubs are now back in the bag for 2015. I'm just better with the older stuff.

I don't think I'll ever ditch my G5's. Back in 07 I bought a set and played them for 4 years. It's still my go to irons if these C100's ever act up. Haven't felt the need to reach for them which is a good thing.

The pings were a gift from the wife. They can never leave or I'd be in big trouble. Plus I really like them. Fun to take em out from time to time.

My name is James, and I'm a hoarder.

I got a few clubs here and there

When you are left handed you keep all your clubs.

Truth!

The only extra club I have is a Taylormade Rescue Dual 4h which finds itself in and out of the bag. I just can do no wrong with that club.

I have the irons & hybrids my wife got me for Father's Day a few years ago when I started playing again as my backup/loaner set. 2 3 woods, a few putters, a driver here and there too....

I keep one complete back-up set...mostly for travel purposes.

I keep my old set of King Cobra Oversized (with some Cobra fairways and hybrids and a Nike SQ driver) at a hotel in Little Rock for when I am in town.

I personally do keep back up sets of clubs but for me they are dual purpose. I have my main set in my signature, a back up set that consists of a cleveland sl290 driver, callaway optiforce 4 wood, Cobra baffler 4h,5-PW+SW. I use it occasionally, but mainly keep it for friends who don't have a set to use and also when friends or family come to town and don't bring their clubs. I also have the first set that got me back into golf 2 years ago Pinemeadow driver knight 3 wood and Wilson Deep red II 3-SW that i payed $30 for, Keep this more for memories. Ad then i have a hoard of extra clubs because i am addicted to hitting as many clubs as i can.

I have a semi complete backup bag going, driver, woods, wedges and a plethora of putters. I sold the irons to a buddy of mine because I couldn't hang onto to a set that I had only played three times. I hope to upgrade my irons in the near future and then I will hang onto the old set so I can have an emergency/loaner bag.

I keep my set of Ping Eye 2s as a back up....

I don't really call it a back up set. But I do have a full CallAway bag from driver to putter that is my second bag. It was my primary one until last summer.

If having multiple sets classifies as having a back up set...then yes. Funny thing is I would game both sets on a daily basis.

In addition to my current bag, I have three sets of irons, an extra driver, a few extra woods and hybrids and of course a few putters. I also keep a few single irons like a Nike Blade so if I'm ever on a good ball striking roll, I'll take the blade to the driving range and remind myself that a mans got to know his limitations.

If having multiple sets classifies as having a back up set...then yes. Funny thing is I would game both sets on a daily basis.

This is my answer as well. I'm just about done upgrading my current bag, so the extras go into a 2nd set. Fairly similar but a little different set up. I would be able to game both as daily bags so they are more of a bag A and bag B than one being a back up bag. I just like having options.

I usually trade my old clubs towards the purchase of new clubs.

I usually trade my old clubs towards the purchase of new clubs.
I never do this cause trade in/re sale values are laughable even for Ping. Sale them on ebay and use what you got from the sale towards your new investment in golf equipment.

I always keep a back-up set just for piece of mind. I can't golf comfortably knowing that if I break a driver I don't have one in reserve while the other is repaired or replaced. The only clubs I let accumulate are three woods because they hate me and can misbehave at a moments notice and need to be treated accordingly.

Just drivers!

I kept my old clubs and put together a decent bag because occasionally someone comes to visit, and I'll take them out golfing with me. Having a complete bag that is decent saves some money that way.

But, I am thinking about shipping my clubs up to Vancouver where I come and visit 2-4 times a year. I'm here right now, and really wish I had my clubs with me. I went to the driving range and had to rent clubs. It was the worst selection of clubs. The best club I found was a ladies, all green Big Bertha 5-iron that looked like it was made 20-30 years ago.

I was here an entire week, all the time in the world, but no clubs. That ain't right.

Back