Do You Keep Backup Clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 82 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • Depends on the Club

Votes: 29 19.6%

• Total voters
I just got new irons a couple months ago, trying a little more of a players club, but have no intention of getting rid of the ones I replaced (Di11s). It's nice to have options. I have multiple drivers, wedges and putters too.

I usuall sell off clubs if they have any significant value and I'm not using them, but I have some extras that aren't worth a ton (not like ancient, but maybe 4 or 5 years old to where the resale value has tanked, or they are dinged up aesthetically) but are still good clubs. Keep those around as spares, they're nice to have if someone visits and wants to play but doesn't have clubs - my brother and dad have both benefited from this.

I change irons so frequently that all my sets are backups.

None... All that are leaving the bag get sold.

I never have in the past but am pretty attached to my MP-53's that have taken a back seat to the Apex from the Grandaddy. I will eventually go tired of them sitting in the garage though...I am certain of that.

I have two complete bags, and one set of old, backup irons. Plus a few extra putters that I will likely sell or trade in.

I don't have a dedicated backup set per say but I do for sure have enough clubs around for a second or third set.

My wife and I both have complete back up sets. It's great when friends visit plus we both like to be prepared in case something crazy happens to our current sets.

Three sets of irons that get playing time along with three drivers and several wedges that get changed out occasionally. So, yes, plenty of backups there. Only one backup for fairway/hybrids though, my trusty old five wood.

Back