Do You Keep Backup Clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 82 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • Depends on the Club

Votes: 29 19.6%

• Total voters
When you are left handed you keep all your clubs.

I have an extra set of clubs not so much for backup as for when a friend wants to play a round but doesn't have any clubs. They are a set of Top Flite XL7000. My beginner set that served me well for two whole months before I got the equipment bug!

Do You Keep Backup Clubs?

To put things in perspective, I just got the R11. However, the Superfast TP is my favorite driver out of all of them I've owned. But you only use one driver right? Sure I could alternate them, but that feels counteractive. Seems like you should get use to one club and let that be your club.

So my question is, when you buy a new product do you keep the old one or sell it? I'm considering selling my Superfast TP to add some money to the R11 Fairway pot. But, I'm afraid I might miss it.

Whether it be driver, woods, irons, putters... do you typically sell the old one that's just sitting around or do you keep them as backups? What's a "backup" anyway? In case your club breaks or incase it misbehaves?

Depends how much the give me for it. sometimes it's nice to have a club or set if clubs to go back to if things start go bad on the course. kind of a mental thing.

Merged with existing thread.

I might not sell my clubs but I don't intend on using my old ones again. I wouldn't get much for the old ones anyways. But why did you get a R11 if the Superfast TP was your favorite driver ever?..

To put things in perspective, I just got the R11. However, the Superfast TP is my favorite driver out of all of them I've owned. But you only use one driver right? Sure I could alternate them, but that feels counteractive. Seems like you should get use to one club and let that be your club.

So my question is, when you buy a new product do you keep the old one or sell it? I'm considering selling my Superfast TP to add some money to the R11 Fairway pot. But, I'm afraid I might miss it.

Whether it be driver, woods, irons, putters... do you typically sell the old one that's just sitting around or do you keep them as backups? What's a "backup" anyway? In case your club breaks or incase it misbehaves?

Why would you sale a club that you hit best out of all of them?(assuming it's your favorite because of that) That just makes no sense to me lol

Back up putters are the only thing I own, but there more for a collection than back up. I usually sale my stuff to buy new stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB
I will respond to your questions with 2 of my own.

Question #1? Are you left handed?

If the answer to question #1 was "yes" then question #2. Will you sell it to me? If so, I have 2 crisp, new 20 dollar bills with your name on them.

Seriously though, I would keep the Superfast until you are sure you like the R11. After that, I would say unload the Superfast. FYI. I carry a 1 iron in my bag for the instances where clubs misbehave. I would hate to break a club I might need later in the round.

Woops, Guess I should have searched for that.

I might not sell my clubs but I don't intend on using my old ones again. I wouldn't get much for the old ones anyways. But why did you get a R11 if the Superfast TP was your favorite driver ever?..

I didn't pay for the R11 goose. It was a gift. Blessed to have this decision!

Why would you sale a club that you hit best out of all of them?(assuming it's your favorite because of that) That just makes no sense to me lol

Back up putters are the only thing I own, but there more for a collection than back up. I usually sale my stuff to buy new stuff.

Bridges, honestly I don't know which one will win out. I haven't hit the R11 yet and probably won't till Sunday.

I guess you could spin it the other way too and say regardless of which one is my driver for the year, my gamer, should I keep the extra or sell it? Like you, I usually sell to get money for other things.

I have really been considering housing a second set. There are times when a certain club I have just flat out will not work for me, and I feel like having that extra set would be an awesome way to switch things away from the norm.

Plus, it always sucks to say goodbye to old clubs!

Bridges, honestly I don't know which one will win out. I haven't hit the R11 yet and probably won't till Sunday.

I guess you could spin it the other way too and say regardless of which one is my driver for the year, my game, should I keep the extra or sell it? Like you, I usually sell to get money for other things.

If I hit one better than the other than I would definitely sell the extra, but that's just me. Then use that money for other clubs I need or stock up on golf balls.

All my golf stuff I sale goes right back into golf stuff lol

Little off topic..
Here is what I would do if I was you. And I'm not so just take it for what it's worth. You will get more
money out selling the R11 than your SF. I would make dang sure that the R11 is more accurate and just as long as the SF before I even thought about keeping the R11. Next thing would be to make sure all your numbers are good, check forgiveness and stuff like that also. The greatest part about R series is being able to switch out shafts, so if you see both better accuracy and just as long with the r11 then I would keep it and off the SF, but if you don't, then I'd off the r11 and use the money to buy a 3w.

If I hit one better than the other than I would definitely sell the extra, but that's just me. Then use that money for other clubs I need or stock up on golf balls.

All my golf stuff I sale goes right back into golf stuff lol

Little off topic..
Here is what I would do if I was you. And I'm not so just take it for what it's worth. You will get more
money out selling the R11 than your SF. I would make dang sure that the R11 is more accurate and just as long as the SF before I even thought about keeping the R11. Next thing would be to make sure all your numbers are good, check forgiveness and stuff like that also. The greatest part about R series is being able to switch out shafts, so if you see both better accuracy and just as long with the r11 then I would keep it and off the SF, but if you don't, then I'd off the r11 and use the money to buy a 3w.

Great points Bridges. I've already been thinking of how I can sell the Superfast TP and my Superfast 3 wood to put towards the R11 fairway. If I hit the R11 better, the only reason to keep the Superfast is keepsake. And keepsake being because I simply like it and it looks cool. Haha. I think the all black looks mean. But I think it's sort of silly to keep a driver just so it can sit there when I could get decent money for it.

Great points Bridges. I've already been thinking of how I can sell the Superfast TP and my Superfast 3 wood to put towards the R11 fairway. If I hit the R11 better, the only reason to keep the Superfast is keepsake. And keepsake being because I simply like it and it looks cool. Haha. I think the all black looks mean. But I think it's sort of silly to keep a driver just so it can sit there when I could get decent money for it.

Yup I agree the SF tp is my favorite looking driver. I'm about to have one in my hands in a few days to test. Pumped to hit. I love the SF 3w and it will be in my bag again shortly when I get some $$ saved up.

Like I said I wouldn't sell the SF until you know you can hit the r11 and hit it better by a good margin. Heard a lot of things that it's not as forgiving so how knows what will happen for you. Hope it works out though!

I don't keep a backup bag but I can definitely make a couple and I have plenty of backup clubs. I sell my stuff off all of the time but I tend to keep what works. My untouchables? 10.5* TM R7 425 TP w/ GD PM702, Callaway Warbird Strong-3 w/ Grafalloy Prolite Fairway, Armour Evo V-31's (reduced offset) w/TFR 6.0, and a Never Compromise Voodoo center-shaft. These clubs have all worked very well for me so when the present sticks misbehave, I go back to them from time to time.

Other stuff that I'm having a hard time parting with: Mizzy MX-200's w/TFR 6.0, 9* TEE XCG-3 w/stock Motore, 9.5* Cobra S2 w/ Blueboard, Odyssey Backstryke Blade, CG-14 SW & LW (1-dot), Yes! Callie, Cobra Pro Baffler hybrid w/ Bassara. I have some other stuff, but they'll get moved very soon. :smile:

I have been building up a new set of clubs since about august/sept of last year. I kept my starter set that I've had for about 11-12 years now and in fact my fiancée who wants to start trying golf is going to learn on them.

I almost always sell off the old iron set when i pick up a new set. Partially for the money i guess, but also cause i don't want them taking up space.lol. i have enough crap sitting around. Of course old stuff doesn't always sell quickly, so some of it ends up sitting around awhile. i do collect some putters though, so i have those in my game room. i didn't game all of them though.At the end of last year though, i did pick up an old brown leather golf bag that has all sorts of Mexican Indian and Aztec designs and images hand carved into it. It was just so different and was in great shape that i couldn't pass it up..not for only $120! i also picked up a set of Macgregor VIP tourney blades for $100 and i put those in that bag. One day this summer i will take that bag and those irons out for a round just for the hell of it. so that is one set i will keep no matter what.

Old thread....but now I have two drivers and 2 sets of irons. Do you guys sell them or keep a backup set? Or do you keep a set to to switch out every now and then?

I have older sets that I sometimes play but I wouldn't really label them as backup sets just sets that have been retired. Every once in a while I'll sell a set or give it away to a friend like I just did with the Cobra S3 irons. Great sticks I just couldn't justify keeping them in such great condition yet hardly ever gamed them.

Other than putters because I like them so much, I typically don't because I don't want the temptation to go back to my old clubs if I have a couple of bad rounds with the new ones. I am keeping my Cleveland Classic 290 driver though because I think it looks so cool.

I have backup clubs, not all but I do have backups

Have 2 full bags. One is a nostalgia bag. Eye2 becu 2-sw rapture 5/7 i25 driver (not so nostalgic) and redwood piper putter. I wanted an all ping bag. Check.

Have 2 full bags. One is a nostalgia bag. Eye2 becu 2-sw rapture 5/7 i25 driver (not so nostalgic) and redwood piper putter. I wanted an all ping bag. Check.
I don't think I'll ever ditch my G5's. Back in 07 I bought a set and played them for 4 years. It's still my go to irons if these C100's ever act up. Haven't felt the need to reach for them which is a good thing.

Back