Do You Like To Compete?

compete? does play till I bleed, ass kickin', going for the jugular, taking no prisoners, step on his throat when he is down count as competing?

just want everyone to know, I would rather beat a guy out $2 for 18 holes and bust his chops for a week rather than take serious money from someone, but still want to win :banana:

just ask six4three5!!!!

I LOVE to compete on the golf course. I find it just adds to an already great game.

I certainly used too, the desire has diminished some over the last year though.

I like to compete with myself. Even in match play against someone I play myself always trying to better what I can do. I can't control what my opponent does but I can push myself and make myself better each shot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Definitely compete one golf competition. Adding a little pressure really tests what you bring to the course on any given day.

I do enjoy competing. It's a lot of fun to see if you can measure up to the challenge.

I've always enjoyed competitive sports. It's been primarily golf for many years. Prior to my move this year, I belonged to three men's golf associations (including my home club) just for the tournament schedules. One was all match play. Add to that trying to get into all the THP events and yeah, I played a few competitive rounds each year. Things have slowed down drastically since moving, however. Could be for the best. I'm getting a little too old, perhaps, and it's getting a lot harder to win. Lol.

I love to compete, we always play money games with the local guys I play with.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Nothing better than some one on one or team competitions. Probably the only sport that allows such as golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always enjoyed competitive sports. It's been primarily golf for many years. Prior to my move this year, I belonged to three men's golf associations (including my home club) just for the tournament schedules. One was all match play. Add to that trying to get into all the THP events and yeah, I played a few competitive rounds each year. Things have slowed down drastically since moving, however. Could be for the best. I'm getting a little too old, perhaps, and it's getting a lot harder to win. Lol.

I have seen you play Ken, if anyone thinks your to old to compete, call me, I will tee it up with you buddy, anytime on any course !

My son and I play for "The Championship of the World " usually once a week.

I am a competitive person by nature, but need to feel somewhat proficient at what I am competing in. Right now, I'm certainly not proficient enough at the game to feel compelled to compete, but with time, I would love to compete at a very amateur/fun level. I want to keep the game fun forever, and usually, when I've gotten to the competition level, it changes my perspective of the sport. I'd hate to have that happen with golf.

I think competition always makes it more fun and keeps me focused.

I like to compete in almost every sport. Golf has been a sport I haven't reached my potential, but I still like to compete. I just wish I felt like I could hold up my end better for team competition.

Love it! The gauntlet was my first big event and I would love to do that kind of event every weekend if I could.

Love competing. Despise loosing.

It's been a long time since I played in competition. That said, I'm due to start again!

I always loved to compete. I have been lucky twice in my life to have a partner to play frequently with, for years at a time. Head to head - awesome!

The second partner came to my course when I was in my early 40's - at first I was a little better than him, then we had a period of really equal, then he gained the edge on me. We always played a $1 Nassau between us, and for the longest time we each carried a money clip in our bags that was a tourney gift, and we traded the same few dollars back and forth so many times the dollars actually got rust stains from the clips. About the time he started to get the edge on me, I started tracking our game - for several years he won about 50%, I won about 30%, and we tied about 20% - but most of the matches were close (80 - 100 per year), and it was great competition. I won our club championship 10 times, but only twice after he came along - he won 7. I am 10 years older than him, which kinda explains the progression. Then he got a promotion and moved away. I pretty much quit afternoon rounds, and became a Saturday golfer.

I certainly used too, the desire has diminished some over the last year though.
Trouter, you taught me more about being a competitor in 36 holes of golf than I have known in a few years of playing the game. Your calmness was confidence inspiring but your fuel on the inside to not lose was amazing. Some things you said to me I'll never forget!

I do like to compete. Really like match play a lot. Stroke play is fun to though it feels a lot different.

Absolutely. Whether it's for a few dollars, beers, or a team competition in Myrtle Beach, I'm all for it.

hell yes I like to compete. I'll compete against someone in our group, even if they don't know it! I like to put myself in pressure situations.

I absolutely love to compete. I tend to play better when there is something on the line.

Back