Watched several Documentaries while hanging out at the hospital with my wife this weekend...

488bc10fe908fe062567cedb7c5a01b1.jpg

I loved this one, but I loved the movie as a kid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched this. My gawd this was a turd. I loved Flash Gordon but this documentary gave me nothing. It was more like a commercial to hire Sam Jones.

Documentaries

I just watched this. My gawd this was a turd. I loved Flash Gordon but this documentary gave me nothing. It was more like a commercial to hire Sam Jones.

I liked all of the interviews about things I didn’t know about:

The production of the soundtrack w/ Queen.
Why weren’t there sequels?
The movie’s cult following and how it influenced other media like the Ted movies.
The stories about some of the props.

038de4e62cae28fdef035eeef00bd993.jpg

I have been really interested in documentaries on North Korea. They mystery of that country is fascinating to me. I just hope that the FBI doesn’t come looking for me since my search history says North Korea haha. It all started from a fiction novel I was reading and then I randomly saw a National Geographic documentary on them.

I have been really interested in documentaries on North Korea. They mystery of that country is fascinating to me. I just hope that the FBI doesn’t come looking for me since my search history says North Korea haha. It all started from a fiction novel I was reading and then I randomly saw a National Geographic documentary on them.

Secret State of North Korea on Amazon Prime is a good one on this subject.

The Lisa Ling doc is older, but fantastic in terms of showing the fanaticism.

And the VICE one where they pay in China to be snuck into NK is pretty crazy too.

There are so many documentaries out there on NK. A few on amazon prime. I find the country fascinating as well and curious how the next couple years play out. After 60 years of isolation it will be like East Germany if they open up.

Operation Odessa is a must watch for any documentary fans. It’s on SHO on demand and is fantastic. Similar to cocaine cowboys.

Chasing The Moon on PBS is a fantastic watch and so is Apollo Missons To The Moon on Nat Geo. Got to watch both this week traveling and they were great.

The Lisa Ling doc is older, but fantastic in terms of showing the fanaticism.

And the VICE one where they pay in China to be snuck into NK is pretty crazy too.

Really liked the Lisa Ling Documentary. Takes a lot of stones to do that.

The Seven Five on Netflix.

Amazing.

I love you, now die on HBO GO is heartbreaking...

Grow some....hahahah

We had a house divided on the outcome of that case after watching the whole thing. Pretty darn well done.

We had a house divided on the outcome of that case after watching the whole thing. Pretty darn well done.

I think it was a perfect storm of 2 mentally troubled teens, coming into each other's lives at the wrong time.
I was on the side that she was complicit, and needed to be sent to a mental health facility instead of doing time.
You could make a case if the guy off of Glee doesn't die, Conrad doesn't die. They both were very troubled kids, and the serotonin reuptake inhibitors that they were prescribed were as much to blame as anything else.

My boss sent me one titled "Seattle is dying"
Truly amazing how far the City has fallen in 5 years and 98% due to the political situation there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think it was a perfect storm of 2 mentally troubled teens, coming into each other's lives at the wrong time.
I was on the side that she was complicit, and needed to be sent to a mental health facility instead of doing time.
You could make a case if the guy off of Glee doesn't die, Conrad doesn't die. They both were very troubled kids, and the serotonin reuptake inhibitors that they were prescribed were as much to blame as anything else.

I think the judge got it right-ish. Up to a point, he is to blame. My nagging question is whether that last phone call actually went the way she said it did - everyone knew she was a liar and was of questionable reliability in other texts but we are taking that one (a few months after the fact) as gospel. I’m just not sure she was ever truly to blame legally - the judge said she had a duty that a person who was there would not have. It doesn’t mesh well with other areas of the law, but anyway, it was an interesting watch.

I think the judge got it right-ish. Up to a point, he is to blame. My nagging question is whether that last phone call actually went the way she said it did - everyone knew she was a liar and was of questionable reliability in other texts but we are taking that one (a few months after the fact) as gospel. I’m just not sure she was ever truly to blame legally - the judge said she had a duty that a person who was there would not have. It doesn’t mesh well with other areas of the law, but anyway, it was an interesting watch.

My wife was on the other side, it’s a fascinating story , about a “crime” that our law doesn’t exactly address.

The 47 minute phone call is the key to the judgement against her, and I agree with you, her description of what was said is 2nd from her friends. Her friends know that she is a pathological liar.

My wife was on the other side, it’s a fascinating story , about a “crime” that our law doesn’t exactly address.

The 47 minute phone call is the key to the judgement against her, and I agree with you, her description of what was said is 2nd from her friends. Her friends know that she is a pathological liar.

That’s what I loved about it - there are a few different viewpoints and they are all justified depending on where you out your focus. And most people understand each of them. Truly fascinating.

You really need to watch The Seven Five and Operation Odessa.

You really need to watch The Seven Five and Operation Odessa.

I will take a break from my Apollo 11 Documentary binge at the house (you know how well that’s going over... lol) and watch those...

I will take a break from my Apollo 11 Documentary binge at the house (you know how well that’s going over... lol) and watch those...

Hahahahahah.

7c17164bf1a9081a5f6968346a8a167f.jpg

This guy loves Julio Iglesias & Brian Adams, wait what?

Back