Edel Golf E-2 Torque Balanced Putter - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
New from Edel Golf this year is something that is definitely a different take on putter balance, their Torque Balanced lineup of putters.

For this review THP recieved the E-2 blade which features a single siteline and has a slight radius to the rear flange for a rounded look. The unique thing is that these putters are NOT at all toe-down or face-balanced in their toe hang, in fact, removal of weight in the toe section followed by adding an interchangeable weight in the heel makes these balance toe UP. Like I said, different. The putter however does still feature Edel's patented PIXL insert face.

Edel on the Torque Balanced lineup:

The transition from the backswing to the downswing is often the most difficult part of the putting stroke. This transition can create inconsistent face rotation, leading to mis-hits and inaccuracy. Unlike traditional toe-down or face-balanced putters, the unique "toe-up" weighting system of Edel Torque Balanced Putters greatly reduces face rotation, giving players a far greater opportunity to return the clubface back to square at impact. Edel Torque Balanced Putters take putting stroke consistency to a new level through the simple application of weight distribution and precision engineering.

Shaft Offset

• Double Bend Half-shaft backset : toe straight up and resists face rotation
Head Weights One Variable Weight Port

• 359 Grams with 6 gram weight
  • 365 Grams with 12 gram weight
  • 374 Grams with 21 gram weight
    extra weights and wrench sold separately
Pixl Insert
Comprised of 93 individual Pixls, or independent circular components, the PIXL insert turns mis-hits into gimmes by dramatically enhancing putter roll and performance when the golf ball is struck off center.

• Lie : 72° +/- 2°
  • Length : 34" +/- 2"
  • Loft : 2°

Screenshot_2-L.jpg

In-Hand Pictures of the E-2:

DSC_0246-L.jpg

DSC_0249-L.jpg

DSC_0227-L.jpg

DSC_0225-L.jpg

DSC_0228-L.jpg

DSC_0234-L.jpg

DSC_0236-L.jpg

DSC_0237-L.jpg

DSC_0239-L.jpg

DSC_0242-L.jpg

DSC_0243-L.jpg

DSC_0245-L.jpg

DSC_0244-L.jpg

DSC_0250-L.jpg

DSC_0254-L.jpg

DSC_0253-L.jpg

DSC_0255-L.jpg

DSC_0256-L.jpg

• Staff
And here is one of the putter balanced to show the toe-up toe-hang:

DSC_0252-L.jpg

Some very outside the box thinking here. It will be interesting to see how you get on with this one. Specs different from most OEM's as well.

Holy hell that is beautiful.

Love seeing adjustable head weight in more putters.

Phenomenal pics my friend.

• Staff
Some very outside the box thinking here. It will be interesting to see how you get on with this one. Specs different from most OEM's as well.

Yeah, a little less loft than what I'm used to and the 34" standard is interesting to me. Through the stroke its pretty dang interesting, its different, but it feels right. I dunno, still trying to wrap my noggin around that one. The Pixl's feel great, nice plush sound at impact. Not a fan of the Pure grip, super tacky and shows all dirt and lint, but thats def personal.

Yeah, a little less loft than what I'm used to and the 34" standard is interesting to me. Through the stroke its pretty dang interesting, its different, but it feels right. I dunno, still trying to wrap my noggin around that one. The Pixl's feel great, nice plush sound at impact. Not a fan of the Pure grip, super tacky and shows all dirt and lint, but thats def personal.

72* is fairly upright as well. It is a pretty good looking putter IMO.

• Staff
Holy hell that is beautiful.

Love seeing adjustable head weight in more putters.

Phenomenal pics my friend.

Putters are naturally photogenic. Haha

I should throw out there that these are 295.00, which is actually a really reasonable price for an Edel putter considering some of the prices the Vari-Loft's got up to. But, the weight kit is separate and an additional 60.00.

• Staff
72* is fairly upright as well. It is a pretty good looking putter IMO.

The shaft at address is wicked. Tried to show it here:

DSC_0256-L.jpg

But I know I need to take a pic at address with a ball to get it across. The shaft actually bends BACK leaving no offset, the whole idea is outside the box for sure.

That is such an intriguing looking putter. First, I love the look of that PIXL insert and cannot wait to hear your thoughts on feedback.

Second, I am very curious to know how much potential there is for the putter design on the bottom of the head to get caught by grass as the putter flows through the zone.

That is such an intriguing looking putter. First, I love the look of that PIXL insert and cannot wait to hear your thoughts on feedback.

Second, I am very curious to know how much potential there is for the putter design on the bottom of the head to get caught by grass as the putter flows through the zone.

The face has always felt good to me even in his other putters, its different, and I'll get into the tech more in here later but the 93 pixl's are actually independent of eachother, which is intended to help it react to off center putts better. Plus, it looks fantastic. Hahaha

On the second, as I was putting on my Tour Links earlier I had the same thought/concern. Beginning the stroke from having the putter soled fully and that thin back cavity edge potentially dragging/grabbing is a focus of mine.

That is one gorgeous looking putter

This thing is GORGEOUS! Cannot wait to see how you get along with it buddy

This is an awesome, gorgeous looking putter. Wow!

That's a good looking putter. I am interested to know how the tech behind the independent pixels works.

That's a good looking putter. I am interested to know how the tech behind the independent pixels works.

Basically because they are installed individually and not conjoined together in one solid piece each that the ball contacts pixl individually isolates the energy from the strike and allows ti to be focused back to the ball rather than through the entire body of the putter, or that is what Edel says it does. They're recorded something like 2-3% loss on heel/toe strikes compared to closer to 10% on some of the putters they tested.

It'll be interesting to spend some prolonged time with as I've only used putters with them here and there before.

I can't stop coming back and looking at this. Technology behind the pixel insert is pretty darn cool and somehow makes sense.

And the headcover is just badass.

I can't stop coming back and looking at this. Technology behind the pixel insert is pretty darn cool and somehow makes sense.

And the headcover is just badass.

Its intriguing isn't it? Its just SO different. It took me off guard.

The headcover is incredible.

I'm with Cookie, still trying to wrap my head around the technology.. but that headcover is just wow.

These are pretty cool looking. Might have to take a gamble on ome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this is certainly different but in a good way. Its a fantastic looking putter and the tech behind it is really intriguing.

Looking forward to seeing what you find with it Jman and how it stacks up to some other putters.

Interesting design that's for sure. Kind of crazy, but very cool

Like the E1 shape the most at first glance. The line looks really nice!

I'm naturally drawn to the E1 head shape. I'm amazed how little I know each time a new to me product is discovered through the reviews here. Sweet looking pics James!

Color me intrigued here. Love the idea behind this flatstick and will be really interested to roll one. As someone who likes to toe putt downhillers on slippery greens, I'm really looking forward to seeing how that insert reacts off the toe.

Back