Edel Golf E-2 Torque Balanced Putter - THP Preview

I was pretty unsure if I was going to follow this thread but it sounds like they have put in some seriously unique thinking into the club. Looking forward to reading more, maybe hearing what the ball sounds like off that face.

Very interesting design. I have loved their putters I've seen in the past, but would have to spend some time with this to get used to that look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one cool looking putter and the tech sounds interesting. Great pics! Can't get over the different looks from behind and underneath, good on them.

Very interesting, it's super techy looking.

I might have missed it, but what kind of weight are we looking at with this one James?

I might have missed it, but what kind of weight are we looking at with this one James?

I believe I saw a 12g stamp on the weight in one of the pics so 365g if that's the case. On my phone so can't see it too clearly

This one came with the 12g weight in it so I believe it's at 365g, surprising to me given the cutout, makes me wonder about the weight of the pixl's

What a beautiful putter, it will be interesting to see what you think of their outside the box take.

I don't think the chutters will like them, the cutout bottom has to catch in the rough.

This one came with the 12g weight in it so I believe it's at 365g, surprising to me given the cutout, makes me wonder about the weight of the pixl's
Yeah dude, exactly what I was thinking. How they could get that weight with all the cutouts.

It's freakin sweet looking though!

Beautiful! I'd love to get my hands on one of these

Yeah dude, exactly what I was thinking. How they could get that weight with all the cutouts.

It's freakin sweet looking though!

Its confusing. I can't figure out exactly what the PIXL's are made of material wise but my instant reaction is it must be a more dense metal for that headweight.

They say the sounds is a bit lower (softer) than a solid putter and I'm def seeing/hearing that right now.

Fun fact digging around, the PIXL's are the idea of Bob Zider who also licensed them to it to PING when thei did their Isoforce pixl putters. Very interesting.

Its confusing. I can't figure out exactly what the PIXL's are made of material wise but my instant reaction is it must be a more dense metal for that headweight.

They say the sounds is a bit lower (softer) than a solid putter and I'm def seeing/hearing that right now.

Fun fact digging around, the PIXL's are the idea of Bob Zider who also licensed them to it to PING when thei did their Isoforce pixl putters. Very interesting.

Very interesting, for sure.

Is there a noticeable feel there on the pixl's compared to say a milled face or an insert?

Jman,

Was the Edel putter fit for you? I am not a putter 'ho, but this sexy girl has me thinking lewd thoughts. It is sweet.

Very interesting, for sure.

Is there a noticeable feel there on the pixl's compared to say a milled face or an insert?

Little deeper tone, reminds me of some of my copper inserts, its got that more dense impact click than straight stainless or carbon to me.

Jman,

Was the Edel putter fit for you? I am not a putter 'ho, but this sexy girl has me thinking lewd thoughts. It is sweet.

It was not. Its definitely a different kind of look, in an interesting way for sure.

Definitely interesting tech and its good looking. Very interested to hear your feedback Jman

LOVE the looks of this putter!

I very much look forward to your interaction with it!

Love that mallet.

Whoa that thing is purdy! Getting caught in the grass was my first thought as well when I saw the bottom. I LOVE the look from the back, looks so slick. Also the PIXL idea sounds sweet, and does make sense. And, yeah, the headcover.

Very interesting putter in so many ways. The Pixels are a really unique alternative to the traditional insert. Two things I find really interesting though are 1) the back double bend of the shaft and 2) the cut out on the toe. How is it balanced across the face? In other words when you hit it on the toe do you really notice the weight missing from that part of the putter? Intuitively I would expect it to swivel if you struck the ball out on the toe because of that missing weight but I'd love to hear your perspective.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Zero twisting.

If you look here:
DSC_0243-L.jpg

There is mass behind the insert that plays the balancing role across the insert. If you hit a ball WAY out on the toe, well, it might twist...but who misses THAT far out there with a putter :alien:

I've rolled putts all night across the insert and towards the toe on it and there is no twisting.

Its a wild concept for sure, but it seems sound in hand.

Very cool indeed. Look forward to your thoughts as you roll it out on the real grass.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3
It'll definitely be an interesting experience. Should have it out tomorrow.

That is a neat looking putter, and a very interesting concept. Can't wait to hear how the toe up weighting works, and compares to other concepts like Seemore's face balanced at impact.

I am really intrigued by the design and weight of this putter. The insert has me googling over pondering expanding my putter collection. Great write up and I will be following along.

Beautiful putter and sounds like a cool design. I'll be following this review.

James: any idea how long those pixels are? They go back like a half inch into the mass behind the insert? Or just really short?

Back