Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, every website I'm looking at all uses Odin.

Have you tried using that all in one program from XDA? It seems easy enough but I cant get past the very first part.

The Toolkit over on xda nerds. Has it all in one but I couldnt get my computer at home to ever see my phone. Actually, it saw my phone and loaded drivers but my SN never showed up in the toolkit. If it doesnt see the SN it wont work.

Kmac,
I was a long time xda guy. Made the switch over to rootzwiki. Those guys are much more helping and usually everything gets posted there first then xda.

Here's the link to the Galaxy SIII page. Just pick which service provider you have. I also saw a one click root method.

http://rootzwiki.com/forum/507-galaxy-s-iii/

Also if you have any questions about using odin let me know. I got pretty good with it over the last few years.

Kmac,
I was a long time xda guy. Made the switch over to rootzwiki. Those guys are much more helping and usually everything gets posted there first then xda.

Here's the link to the Galaxy SIII page. Just pick which service provider you have. I also saw a one click root method.

Also if you have any questions about using odin let me know. I got pretty good with it over the last few years.

Thanks dude, Ive never rooted before so its pretty new to me. I'll check it out and see if I can get it to work from rootzwiki.

Have you tried using that all in one program from XDA? It seems easy enough but I cant get past the very first part.

Negative, anything that uses multi steps I always got a little wary on because I didn't want to brick the phone. I always used the one click programs so I didn't have to panic.

Kmac,

Thanks dude, Ive never rooted before so its pretty new to me. I'll check it out and see if I can get it to work from rootzwiki.
Damn Verizon and their locked bootloader... :at-wits-end:

^^^^^
Someone wants that Jelly Bean update. :D

So you were effing with me about jelly bean!?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So you were effing with me about jelly bean!?!

The Jelly Bean he was talking about is a keyboard on the app store, which is from the new OS. Jeally Bean is also the name of the new Operating System update that Android will be getting soon.

The Jelly Bean he was talking about is a keyboard on the app store, which is from the new OS. Jeally Bean is also the name of the new Operating System update that Android will be getting soon.

Thanks dude...

LOL @ One-T. Stupid jelly beans lol

LOL @ One-T. Stupid jelly beans lol

Yeah...onet isnt an electronic person...lets ef with him

But you have an awesome text message tone.

lol, so youre saying you didnt get jellybean on your phone yet?

Kmac, I talked to my friend who has the One X on sprint and he can multitask.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Kmac, I talked to my friend who has the One X on sprint and he can multitask.

Really? Well the one I had on At&t sure didnt. It sucked because of that. Are you sure he was actually multitasking it? What does that even mean? lol

Last Saturday night i dropped my iPhone in a full sink. I didn't notice for about 5 seconds. I had ruined an iPod touch the same way. I had read somewhere that if you put the phone in a ziplock bag of rice you may be able to save it. I was skeptical but i tried it anyway. I let it sit for about 12 hours and it worked. Everything seems to be fine except the sound of the ringer sounds muffled and we I play songs nothing plays. If i have it connected to an auxilllary it plays just fine though. Thought i would share and if anyone might have a fix for the sound i'd like to hear it. HR104

Really? Well the one I had on At&t sure didnt. It sucked because of that. Are you sure he was actually multitasking it? What does that even mean? lol

LOL. Its the sprint version. But it looked like the Playbook with a bunch of windows that had the apps running. I wonder if you get the One X then get that bootloader or whatever and get the real deal OS.

The spare battery charging system arrived today. While its all OEM and nice I am a little disappointed in one thing. I thought it could charge the phone too not just the battery. It just holds the phone is all. I'll never use that. Oh well guess I didn't read carefully. Yes I skimmed. It's still nice having the extra battery charged though. Otherwise you have to swap batteries in and out just to charge them both up.

The spare battery charging system arrived today. While its all OEM and nice I am a little disappointed in one thing. I thought it could charge the phone too not just the battery. It just holds the phone is all. I'll never use that. Oh well guess I didn't read carefully. Yes I skimmed. It's still nice having the extra battery charged though. Otherwise you have to swap batteries in and out just to charge them both up.

I knew that part. It will sit next to my bed as an alarm clock and then in the am, battery swap to charged one. You could also still have it plugged in in landscape correct?

I thought it was a charger as well? I misread it as well. Like JB said, guess I will plug it in while it's in landscape orientation.

Yeah it could still be plugged in while sitting landscape. But you can't have a case on it though. Which I do.

Yeah it could still be plugged in while sitting landscape. But you can't have a case on it though. Which I do.
Which case are you using?

Which case are you using?

I found one at a T mobile store that snaps on the back and isn't very big. Soft touch sort of feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back