Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. Im not normally a screen protector guy, but with the Note 3 and using the S Pen, I wanted to get one. Its the best I have used so far, but still a screen protector.

They have a couple -- Checking out the curved one, seems interesting.

I have screen protectors on both S4's and the Nexus 7. Matte finish.

Which brand?

Guy at best buy demonstrated how tough these screens are on ipad and tablets. Screen protectors are useless..IMO.. He too his key and tried to scratch the screen,,,nothing. Pretty brave feat mind you

mm

What that doesn't show, is the screen not getting all greased up by finger touches. That's probably the biggest reason why I'd get one.. Tired of wiping the screen.

They have a couple -- Checking out the curved one, seems interesting.

Which brand?

I don't remember. Got them off ebay. For the S4 they were like 5 for 5 bucks, and for the Nexus 7 they were like 3 for 5 bucks.

Spigen has some great cases for the Nexus 5. Amazon has most of their styles for decent prices.

Golf Ghost is right. Spigen cases are incredible so far in our use and look better than just about anything out there.
Love the Neo Hybrid and the Slim Armor. And amazon does have them for less than their website.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/google/nexus-5.html

Another vote for Spigen. They can be found for cheap, and are some of the best around.

Awesome! Thanks so much guys, I was looking at all the different cases and had no idea which one to give the edge to. Those Spigen's look fantastic!

I need to check out the Spigen screen protectors, have never used them

My favorite screen protectors are the stock ones that can be purchased from Verizon. They are inexpensive but are very good.

I am pondering a tablet, 10" at least. Going to end up going on the cheaper side as I just can't justify paying laptop price for a tablet at this point, but there's sure a lot of options out there.

I am pondering a tablet, 10" at least. Going to end up going on the cheaper side as I just can't justify paying laptop price for a tablet at this point, but there's sure a lot of options out there.
The new Androids have such an amazing price point, it's hard not to look that direction.

The new Androids have such an amazing price point, it's hard not to look that direction.

No doubt. I've narrowed my requirements to at least 64GB, with microsd slot. Other than that, I'm just looking at everything.

No doubt. I've narrowed my requirements to at least 64GB, with microsd slot. Other than that, I'm just looking at everything.
I've been searching for a Microsoft Surface the past week or so. Trying to find one used, but that has been tough.

I've been searching for a Microsoft Surface the past week or so. Trying to find one used, but that has been tough.

For the price with what I want, I'm leaning towards a Lenovo. A consultant we use has a surface and has had good things to say about it.

For the price with what I want, I'm leaning towards a Lenovo. A consultant we use has a surface and has had good things to say about it.
The thing is, I love my iPad. However, with the recent change in careers, I think a Surface could benefit me a bit more.

The thing is, I love my iPad. However, with the recent change in careers, I think a Surface could benefit me a bit more.
Makes sense. I have a 1st gen Ipad and it's great. I want something I can use to remote in to work if need be. I can on my phone, but it's just way too small to deal with.

Okay guys new laptop time for the GF. I feel like an Asus is just as good for the money as anything out there. What is the general consensus on laptop brands as of late.

My tablet ponder turned into buying an iPad mini and a nexus 7. Played around with both and quickly chose the iPad. All my other stuff is Apple and it's just easier for me I guess. I'm such a homer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My tablet ponder turned into buying an iPad mini and a nexus 7. Played around with both and quickly chose the iPad. All my other stuff is Apple and it's just easier for me I guess. I'm such a homer.

What did you see as the difference? Just preferred iOS?

Guy at best buy demonstrated how tough these screens are on ipad and tablets. Screen protectors are useless..IMO.. He too his key and tried to scratch the screen,,,nothing. Pretty brave feat mind you

mm

The benefit isn't just against scratching. Good protectors also offer a little impact protection.

Anyone finding any stores with especially good Cyber Monday deals? I haven't seen any TV/AV/Tablet deals that are particularly compelling. The usually.,..Newegg, Amazon, BB seem disappointing this year.

Okay guys new laptop time for the GF. I feel like an Asus is just as good for the money as anything out there. What is the general consensus on laptop brands as of late.

Anybody?

It all kind of depends on what you are looking to use it for. If you find something you are interested in. Either text or PM me the specs and I would be happy to help my handsome friend.

What did you see as the difference? Just preferred iOS?

Yeah I think it was iOS and the fact that my other electronics are Apple. It's what I'm used to. I'm sure I would have grown to like the Nexus but like I said, I'm an Apple homer. I also like the screen much better on the iPad. As far as clarity I would say the iPad MIGHT be slightly better but the keyboard is much better for me.

Yeah I think it was iOS and the fact that my other electronics are Apple. It's what I'm used to. I'm sure I would have grown to like the Nexus but like I said, I'm an Apple homer. I also like the screen much better on the iPad. As far as clarity I would say the iPad MIGHT be slightly better but the keyboard is much better for me.

iPad mini w/ retina?

It all kind of depends on what you are looking to use it for. If you find something you are interested in. Either text or PM me the specs and I would be happy to help my handsome friend.

I know general laptop specs pretty well (for what its needed for at least..) but just not sure on recent brand images.

Wake, I know lenovo are solid, but you pay for the name as well... unless I am just not finding any deals like I am for other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back