Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhone 4s finally stopped making sounds so unless I'm looking at my phone I have idea someone is calling. Time to upgrade or ditch the fruit and go to android...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks Dan. I upgraded to Windows 10 on my 6 year old HP laptop and it runs like a dream. I hope you get it figured out man

iPhone 4s finally stopped making sounds so unless I'm looking at my phone I have idea someone is calling. Time to upgrade or ditch the fruit and go to android...

Ditch the fruit and go droid! Canadan and I just got the LG V10 and it is an absolute beast! The camera is sick and I have never seen a phone with a better one.

That sucks Dan. I upgraded to Windows 10 on my 6 year old HP laptop and it runs like a dream. I hope you get it figured out man

Thanks dude, it'll get figured out for sure. I had a computer built at Xidax and it's a tank, it just needs an operating system that doesn't blow.

Will be having them resolve it (their support is amazing) and then will be confirming that auto updates are shut off for forever. Stupid Windows trash.

Thanks dude, it'll get figured out for sure. I had a computer built at Xidax and it's a tank, it just needs an operating system that doesn't blow.

Will be having them resolve it (their support is amazing) and then will be confirming that auto updates are shut off for forever. Stupid Windows trash.

Got it. I know nothing about gaming PCs and really only use my computer for internet and work stuff.

SteamOS will hopefully be a legitimate thing.

Got it. I know nothing about gaming PCs and really only use my computer for internet and work stuff.

They are just burly rigs -- Doesn't necessarily need to be for gaming. JRod bought one for gaming/sim and his wife ended up getting one for work and loves it. They have a lifetime warranty on basically every part they put into the PC and stand by their setups/overclocking.

The result: I paid for a PC what I paid for my last macbook with a crap ton more power... Minus the worst operating system known to man.

They are just burly rigs -- Doesn't necessarily need to be for gaming. JRod bought one for gaming/sim and his wife ended up getting one for work and loves it. They have a lifetime warranty on basically every part they put into the PC and stand by their setups/overclocking.

The result: I paid for a PC what I paid for my last macbook with a crap ton more power... Minus the worst operating system known to man.

That's cool. My wife's Mac hasn't worked in years and this old HP laptop is plugging along after all these years... she loves it when I bring that up haha

That's cool. My wife's Mac hasn't worked in years and this old HP laptop is plugging along after all these years... she loves it when I bring that up haha

that sounds like the complete opposite of anything I've ever experienced. We bought a macbook (me) and a dell (wife) laptop in 2006... Hers worked for about 8 months, mine worked for about five years (before I upgraded selfishly haha)

that sounds like the complete opposite of anything I've ever experienced. We bought a macbook (me) and a dell (wife) laptop in 2006... Hers worked for about 8 months, mine worked for about five years (before I upgraded selfishly haha)
Haha that's funny. Crazy how it can be the complete opposite for people

SteamOS will hopefully be a legitimate thing.

Have you downloaded it yet? I'm wondering if you could throw it onto a VM just for a look-see.

Have you downloaded it yet? I'm wondering if you could throw it onto a VM just for a look-see.

Nope. Not much time for hijinx right now in my household

Well, it was a Dell. That's the first mistake IME.

I've got a Mac Mini sitting at home collecting dust because I can't stand Apple OS. All of my Windows 10 setups are running great.

I find most problems come from a mass produced setup. Building your own is easy, cheaper and you know everything about your computer. No bloatware of any kind is another HUGE bonus.

I love it when people bash Dell because it's like the hipster thing to do.

I had a Dell xps that was an absolute beast before they bought alien ware.

My wife has used Dell for work until she finally upgraded to a Xidax this year with zero trouble. These are workstations she's on ten hours a day.

I guess it's just like owning a car but it cracks me up in the gaming community and tech nerd world owning a crappy computer is always "must be a Dell" like it's the cool thing to hate.

Smiley face emoticons

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My wife has used Dell for work until she finally upgraded to a Xidax this year with zero trouble. These are workstations she's on ten hours a day.

I guess it's just like owning a car but it cracks me up in the gaming community and tech nerd world owning a crappy computer is always "must be a Dell" like it's the cool thing to hate.

Smiley face emoticons

Dell sells a crapton of laptops so the complaints will be louder based on volume. We buy Dell exclusively at work and the machines are solid.

Dude any company that begins as the cheap alternative and continues to pump out that much inexpensive stuff will get that treatment. Right or wrong

Dell sells a crapton of laptops so the complaints will be louder based on volume. We buy Dell exclusively at work and the machines are solid.
They are phenomenal workstations.

Smiley face emoticons

I think it's all about what works.. Speaking from experience of a dell absolutely crapping itself, I understand the logic.

Plus, it certainly wasn't an XPS. To my understanding, those were very well built. In our situation, I guess we got what we paid for.. 1,100 dollars worth of garbage.

Dude any company that begins as the cheap alternative and continues to pump out that much inexpensive stuff will get that treatment. Right or wrong
The funny thing is they have always had great machines people just buy the cheapest piece of trash then get sad when it doesn't last.

Smiley face emoticons

Like when people bash Xbox one?

Xbox One blows.

Exactly.

I just find it comical when people say things like that. I'm sorry my preference doesn't meet the standards of other gamers.

Exactly.

I just find it comical when people say things like that. I'm sorry my preference doesn't meet the standards of other gamers.

I'm not sure it's the perfect parallel, but I see what you're saying.

On the one hand, I know five people who loved their high end Dell back in the day. On the other, I've got a list of people who bought a mid range dell and the thing practically melted in their hands. The obvious solution would be to pay out the butt for a functional PC, but then again those same people mocked Mac back in the day for their machines costing what they did.

It's a pretty funny cycle.

The funny thing is they have always had great machines people just buy the cheapest piece of trash then get sad when it doesn't last.

Then stop marketing them as better than they are. I mean it goes both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back