Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then stop marketing them as better than they are. I mean it goes both ways

Can't really argue with this I don't think I've honestly ever even seen a Dell commercial.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh yah I forgot about that ha-ha

Didn't he get canned for smoking dope or something?

Jesus how long ago was that

Oh yah I forgot about that ha-ha

Didn't he get canned for smoking dope or something?

Jesus how long ago was that

About three bad non-XPS Dell's ago for me haahahahahaha!

Ages. early 2000's maybe?

You should hang out on Reddit you would fit right in.

I am too old for reddit.

My Karma count on Reddit would disgaree with you. The Reddit golf subforum is positively comical.

And confirmed. My windows 10 is 100% destroyed. Lesson finally learned about not backing things up.

Writing is gone.
Photos are gone.

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

And confirmed. My windows 10 is 100% destroyed. Lesson finally learned about not backing things up.

Writing is gone.
Photos are gone.

Ouch that sucks dude.

Ouch that sucks dude.

Yep. Pretty bummed right now. Although I'm glad it happened before little man arrives. I'll be getting an external drive or will begin using cloud storage for everything.

Yep. Pretty bummed right now. Although I'm glad it happened before little man arrives. I'll be getting an external drive or will begin using cloud storage for everything.

It makes me think about all the stuff we have on the wife's computer that I need to back up, as it is about to crap out.

I would do both. Mine backs up to a local drive here at the house then out Dropbox after that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Writing is gone.
Photos are gone.

What happened???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windows 10 autoupdated the other day and corrupted itself.

Brutal.

My server at one of the shops did an auto-update on Sunday. Rendered our cash registers useless. Couldn't print receipts. Fortunately, I found a quick fix for it with or point of sale system.

Brutal.

My server at one of the shops did an auto-update on Sunday. Rendered our cash registers useless. Couldn't print receipts. Fortunately, I found a quick fix for it with or point of sale system.

Just super disappointing. More in myself but I guess I've had too much luck with ten years of Mac use.

I'll be shutting off these awful updates and backing up from here on out. That's for sure.

Just super disappointing. More in myself but I guess I've had too much luck with ten years of Mac use.

I'll be shutting off these awful updates and backing up from here on out. That's for sure.

Yep. Same here. I was pizzed when computers started self updating without being "scheduled"

Same thing happened to my MacBook Pro previously. Spinning wheel of death, no reboot capable and then fried.

Do the updates, but do them on your own time when you're prepared (backed up, etc like you mentioned).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Writing is gone.
Photos are gone.

That sux bro. I have been playing with fate myself with our Mac and definitely had this happen on an older windows machine.

Crashplan is crucial. If you buy a network attached storage device, you can have all the computers in your house backup to it with Crashplan for free. The service Crashplan sells is for cloud storage.
That sux bro. I have been playing with fate myself with our Mac and definitely had this happen on an older windows machine.

Writing is gone.
Photos are gone.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to my MacBook Pro previously. Spinning wheel of death, no reboot capable and then fried.

A Mac crashing??? Unpossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back