Electronics Pondering

Made the switch to Spectrum Mobile today. Went to Verizon to give them a chance and the dude was basically like, "yeah, as a single line, we can't really compete" All I needed to hear. Made the switch, my monthly cost including iPhone monthly is about 5 dollars more than what I was paying at Verizon for unlimited vs 5gb a month.

The savings are real

Anyone ever used the JLab GO Air ($30) wireless earbuds or the Air Icons ($60)? Thinking about picking up a set since their so inexpensive and quite highly reviewed.

Just the regular 11. I couldn't justify the extra hundreds.

Just gone to an 11 from an 8 Plus. I miss the extra screen space but night mode is freaking good!

have iphone 7+, do i buy the 11 or wait to see what the 12 is? 5g how long is that going to take?

And portrait mode - first time my kids have looked good in a photo :D
I haven't messed with portrait mode haha - But you're getting an LOL for the content of your post for sure! :ROFLMAO:

How much truth is there to the rumor Apple wants to include fingerprint unlocking in the 12? I've read it has it, and I've read it doesn't.

The only thing new I hear is lidar senor

And how cool is that Lidar going to be? Could THAT be the killer app for the phone? Isn't Lidar used in a lot of sensing now for cars and such? Could it potentially allow for launch monitor on your phone?

And how cool is that Lidar going to be? Could THAT be the killer app for the phone? Isn't Lidar used in a lot of sensing now for cars and such? Could it potentially allow for launch monitor on your phone?
The first phone Apple builds a launch monitor into, I'll be beating down their door to buy it.

The first phone Apple builds a launch monitor into, I'll be beating down their door to buy it.
Launch monitors use photos, sonar, laser... cops use lidar to give us tickets... it should be usable in phones for launch monitors!

Launch monitors use photos, sonar, laser... cops use lidar to give us tickets... it should be usable in phones for launch monitors!
LIDAR is laser. It uses laser, and the acronym is for "Light detection and ranging" or "Laser imaging, detection and ranging". It's also used for cartography, surveying and a bunch of other stuff besides giving speeding tickets. :LOL: I don't know if the LIDAR they plan on using in an iPhone would be capable enough for use as a launch monitor, but it sure is a cool thought! Assuming the hardware is capable enough, I'd sure love to be the person who developed the app for it and got it on the App Store.

I'd venture a guess to say that, modern cell phones have more processing power than the entirety of the computers tracking US space shuttle telemetry...

I'd love to make a lidar app for the iphone.

Considering getting AirPods Pro 🤔

Just/finally picked up a JBL 3.1 ch soundbar I had been eyeing for a few months for 230.. went on clearance at best buy, was sold out last couple days and magically in stock this morning.

Wouldn't have minded waiting for the samsung 3.1.2 to go back on sale for 480 but that would be a wait until black friday in all likelihood

Just/finally picked up a JBL 3.1 ch soundbar I had been eyeing for a few months for 230.. went on clearance at best buy, was sold out last couple days and magically in stock this morning.

Wouldn't have minded waiting for the samsung 3.1.2 to go back on sale for 480 but that would be a wait until black friday in all likelihood

I recently bought a Klipsch 2.1 Soundbar to go along with the Samsung Q70 65" TV that the wife and I purchased.

pondering this 75" LG from Costco for $850. Model number looks to be the Canadian version (?) And largely good, but limited, reviews..,
but the best buy/US version has great reviews.

Don't know if we should wait for black friday. If there will even be one, or get it now.. last years prices were slightly better than this current, but the models were meh

I'm watching S7+ tablet reviews right now. Mine is seriously outdated, and we're so dug in on Samsung. It's annoying that a couple of my contractor programs/apps work like hell or aren't available for android though. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I keep debating on jumping on the Apple watch train.

i am pondering building another pc...

I keep debating on jumping on the Apple watch train.
Doubles as a nice golf GPS device! And the series 3 can be had directly from Apple for $199.

i am pondering building another pc...

I went with a higher end MoBo because I will be doing a ton of media digitization/restoration, but I am really pleased with my AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU.

Back