Electronics Pondering

Hey @JB have you noticed the volume changing on your Jabras when you‘re watching something on the iPad and unlock your phone? Every Once in a while the volume will jump on my ear buds when I unlock my phone. Just wondering if it’s a setting I have configured wrong or a bug or something.

Also... @Canadan: THPing and watching TV....;)

View attachment 8922276
that is so unnecessary hahahaha

I haven’t, but I believe they are set to whatever was last on that device

Yep. My wife and I each have a 5 port charger of theirs. We’ve also got a couple of their battery banks floating around. I’m hoping to see better USB-C & A multi port chargers hit the market soon. I’d love a 2-3 USB C combined with 2-3 USB A ports option. More and more stuff is using C now, not just high draw things like iPads. My ear bud case, my iPad keyboard and my iPad all use USB-C.

yep the wife and i just upgraded to the MacBooks and both are USB-C, have to get new charger for the office and travel....

yep the wife and i just upgraded to the MacBooks and both are USB-C, have to get new charger for the office and travel....

That was a shocking moment for me. I really didn’t realize the UBS-C chargers were that much more expensive than the regular ones. :oops:?

That was a shocking moment for me. I really didn’t realize the UBS-C chargers were that much more expensive than the regular ones. :oops:?

lol, and if ou went on line and bought the charger, THEN it did not come with the cord

lol, and if ou went on line and bought the charger, THEN it did not come with the cord

Yeah, gotta make sure you find a charger with a cord! Best Buy carries the one I posted earlier in the thread, it comes with an 8’ cord which feels about the right length.

Yeah, gotta make sure you find a charger with a cord! Best Buy carries the one I posted earlier in the thread, it comes with an 8’ cord which feels about the right length.

I work for the Army and Air Force Exchange service, BX and PX on Army and Air Force Bases around the world. I walked down the hall to the Apple Buyer and asked his WTF? Why are we carrying the charger without the cord, what if some troop in Afghanistan ordered one on line to this PO box and not he has to wait for a F'n cord....

I work for the Army and Air Force Exchange service, BX and PX on Army and Air Force Bases around the world. I walked down the hall to the Apple Buyer and asked his WTF? Why are we carrying the charger without the cord, what if some troop in Afghanistan ordered one on line to this PO box and not he has to wait for a F'n cord....

That’s why we don’t buy Apple branded accessories. :ROFLMAO:

Well, i don't much, but i figured i wanted one for the office since i carry my Laptop everyday. Thats changed now, we carry the cord and the 80W with the cord online....besides, the apple buyer is in my normal Saturday group.

Well, i don't much, but i figured i wanted one for the office since i carry my Laptop everyday. Thats changed now, we carry the cord and the 80W with the cord online....besides, the apple buyer is in my normal Saturday group.

Oh yeah, good call carrying the option. Like you said, shipping to an APO ain’t exactly done at Amazon Prime speeds. I’m hoping to be able to go back to shopping in the BX this year with the new rules that went into effect.

It's a downside if you order the "real" one but the nice thing about them going to a standard is you can usually save a TON of money now by just buying a 3rd party one. I didn't trust the 3rd party MagSafe adapters.

It's a downside if you order the "real" one but the nice thing about them going to a standard is you can usually save a TON of money now by just buying a 3rd party one. I didn't trust the 3rd party MagSafe adapters.

Yeah I wouldn’t trust those either. Really any proprietary connector like that. even with lightning cables I’m picky about the brands I’ll use.

I need to find a new surround sound system for my basement, really looking at these sound bar systems with a sub and/or surround speakers.

I need to find a new surround sound system for my basement, really looking at these sound bar systems with a sub and/or surround speakers.

I love me some Sonos.

Logitech Harmony. Several levels of complicated (from simple to holy ****) and works pretty well with lots of stuff.

I did a thing...very user friendly and simple to program. Appreciate the suggestion!image.jpg

Me too, but I'll likely be holding off until I get a new/bigger tv as well (I have permission for 75", but likely will be 65 or 70)..

I was heavily contemplating this one

$290 for 5.1.2 channel with Dolby atmos, largely positive reviews. Subwoofer is smaller but supposedly has good punch, and the rear speakers add your surround sound (they just plug into woofer)

Camera gear since I’m being dragged into a wedding shoot :cool:

Me too, but I'll likely be holding off until I get a new/bigger tv as well (I have permission for 75", but likely will be 65 or 70)..

I was heavily contemplating this one

$290 for 5.1.2 channel with Dolby atmos, largely positive reviews. Subwoofer is smaller but supposedly has good punch, and the rear speakers add your surround sound (they just plug into woofer)

Only issue I see with something like that system is that if you decide you want to upgrade in the future (or a speaker stops working) you have no options - if you can buy separate speakers that match the system then you might be fine to replace a speaker, but I highly doubt you could upgrade the speakers to something with better quality
At that price I would also be wary of the quality of the kit, especially the speakers

Personally I would go the separates route of amp and speakers, but then you need to up your budget quite a bit to get a decent quality setup, although you could buy the amp and a couple of front speakers for now (and maybe a sub), then add the surround speakers at a later date. It might take longer, but I would hazard a guess that you will get a lot better sound quality

Only issue I see with something like that system is that if you decide you want to upgrade in the future (or a speaker stops working) you have no options - if you can buy separate speakers that match the system then you might be fine to replace a speaker, but I highly doubt you could upgrade the speakers to something with better quality
At that price I would also be wary of the quality of the kit, especially the speakers

Personally I would go the separates route of amp and speakers, but then you need to up your budget quite a bit to get a decent quality setup, although you could buy the amp and a couple of front speakers for now (and maybe a sub), then add the surround speakers at a later date. It might take longer, but I would hazard a guess that you will get a lot better sound quality

I agree that type of set up will produce better sound, and a higher bill, but these wireless systems still make pretty damn good sound

I currently have a 2.1 channel lg soundbar that has enough bass to shake my living room, and blasts music through our house. I don't even need surround sound, I may even just look at 3.1 or a 3.1.2 ideally (but at $650+ I could also then look at the type of set up you mentioned piece by piece)

Just gonna put my pennies away for it and see what deals pop up when

I agree that type of set up will produce better sound, and a higher bill, but these wireless systems still make pretty damn good sound

I currently have a 2.1 channel lg soundbar that has enough bass to shake my living room, and blasts music through our house. I don't even need surround sound, I may even just look at 3.1 or a 3.1.2 ideally (but at $650+ I could also then look at the type of set up you mentioned piece by piece)

Just gonna put my pennies away for it and see what deals pop up when
I've always been a fan of the Onkyo HTiB options. The Onkyo receivers are super solid and you can always upgrade the speakers separately down the road.

Thanks for the tip. Will explore how speakers will look/work for us, not sure if our space is ideal for having stands and speakers around the couch since that's also the main entrance to the house.

Found a potential option (Vizio) but reviews all point out the same issue :mad:

Last edited:
Powerbeats Pro vs. Airpods Pro?

I wish I could smash them together and make one pair that does everything.

if I mention "bigger TV" to the wife, it's automatic...ponder over. We're getting a bigger TV :ROFLMAO:

I've been using Powerbeats Pro now for about 2 weeks. They are ok. I don't love them, but don't hate them. Only thing I hate is the size of the case.

My wife has the Powerbeats Pro and I have the AirPods Pro. I enjoy the secure fit of the Powerbeats but the noice cancellation and convenience of the AirPods Pros is top notch.

Back