Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you said it yourself.....'you likey' If that combo seemed to work, why question it?

I guess my questions are, how do you get a driver with a shaft that doesn't come standard? Do I have to order it with the Mizyaki and then change it out to a Project X? Will they do that for me? Do I then need to sell the Mizyaki or will there be a "trade out" for it?? Also, there is the Str8 Fit tip to deal with as well.
Never done anything like this before.

I guess my questions are, how do you get a driver with a shaft that doesn't come standard? Do I have to order it with the Mizyaki and then change it out to a Project X? Will they do that for me? Do I then need to sell the Mizyaki or will there be a "trade out" for it?? Also, there is the Str8 Fit tip to deal with as well.

When you order a special shaft, the site where you're buying it lodges the order with the OEM and they custom build the club to the ordering specifications. Thus you don't end up with the shaft that comes stock, just the one you want. Depending on the OEM will change what shafts you can get and what the upcharge is, if there is one (for example getting a Fubuki Alpha in a R11 TP is $100 upcharge over the Blur)

Edit: Also, why can't I like non expensive things? That Super Fast+Kiyoshi combo is both money on the course and $$$ to purchase. Sigh. (don't even get me started on the Miura wedge cost when I looked into the customer order)

Im confused about the Miyazaki. I believe you might mean Fubuki. Very different shafts from two different companies.

I assume you mean Fubuki. If you switch out the stock Fubuki for another shaft then you can do what you want with it. You may even want to hold onto it in case you want to sell the driver in the future that way it can be paired with its original shaft

I had issues with wanting to change the shaft of my VR Str8fit last year and everyone I went to said that unless you custom order through Nike Golf that I would need to send in the driver to Nike to perform, the change. I don't know if it's changed but Str8Fit adapters weren't very common on eBay last year hence the need to have Nike do a switch.

I had issues with wanting to change the shaft of my VR Str8fit last year and everyone I went to said that unless you custom order through Nike Golf that I would need to send in the driver to Nike to perform, the change. I don't know if it's changed but Str8Fit adapters weren't very common on eBay last year hence the need to have Nike do a switch.

I have found some on ebay and ordered some for Nerfny's dymo str8. They are easy to install. I really like the str8 fit system, if I ever switch to a Nike I'd just have to worry about taking the r9 sleeve off.

I got to find an Set if older model cavities for my dad. Probably thinking g10 or HB3s. Anyone have any suggestions? This isn't one of the "hit them all" situations.

I got to find an Set if older model cavities for my dad. Probably thinking g10 or HB3s. Anyone have any suggestions? This isn't one of the "hit them all" situations.

X-14's. Still kicking myself for letting those go

bad range session with the supertri, it is on life support at the moment

Adams a30S. Cheap, high, straight, ultra forgiving. Can't really go wrong with them imo.

After hitting Hanks K15 driver on Saturday its been on my mind.

I had to order a Cleveland DST 20.5 hybrid. I have been gaming a 4I DST hybrid lately and it's so solid and easy to hit, I had to do it :golf2:!

I've hit both....I think the K15 is a little hotter off the face and is more forgiving than the G15. That being said I think the G15 is a better looking club at address due to the K15 being stretched out a bit more. Both stock shafts are just ok and an upgraded shaft really will bring out the performance in either. Here's my review of the K15 driver

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11666

In your opinion how does it compare to the g15 if you have hit it??

Thanks

Thank you for that link to that review. I demoed the g15 at my local course on sunday. The g15 does indeed look great at address. I have not had a chance to see the k15 in person as of yet.

I had to order a Cleveland DST 20.5 hybrid. I have been gaming a 4I DST hybrid lately and it's so solid and easy to hit, I had to do it :golf2:!

Pondering the same Gray, looking for a new hybrid and I think this one may fit the bill and can be had at really good prices.

Currently pondering a driver as well, something at the 299$ price point. I'll demo the new Clevelands and the Ping G15 as well, any others should be on my to try list??

The K15 knocks the G15 out of the park.

My miss is a hook, so that takes the K15 out of the equation, too bad because I haven't seen many/any bad reviews on it.

Pondering a new 7i after mine broke lol. Well I broke it hitting a fat shot with the speedsleeve on. I also ponder One T's greatness. No really, he gets crap but his putting advice got me back on track.

My miss is a hook, so that takes the K15 out of the equation, too bad because I haven't seen many/any bad reviews on it.

Have you hit the K15?

Pondering a new 7i after mine broke lol. Well I broke it hitting a fat shot with the speedsleeve on. I also ponder One T's greatness. No really, he gets crap but his putting advice got me back on track.

I have a CG16 7 iron I will send you bro

I haven't hit the K15 but I'm thinking the draw bias wouldn't help a draw/hook?

I haven't hit the K15 but I'm thinking the draw bias wouldn't help a draw/hook?

Maybe....but I can assure you that I wouldnt knock it off my list before I hit it. Its stupid long and straight. I would game one in a heartbeat.

Maybe....but I can assure you that I wouldnt knock it off my list before I hit it. Its stupid long and straight. I would game one in a heartbeat.

+1 I bombed one 2 days ago at Golf Galaxy. The Launch Numbers were surprising.

I'll give it a shot, a few swing with it won't do any harm!

Being a lefty will I have a hard time finding LH clubs in the big shops in Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back